aaa Honest feedback wanted!! - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Honest feedback wanted!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             14-Sep-05  @  11:06 AM   -   Honest feedback wanted!!

simonday99

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi guys....new to this site and would appreciate some feedback on my tunes - cause ya never get honest feedback from friends and family!!!

Cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             14-Sep-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

k

Link?:  Link

well yeah, track 1 - you've got a decent tone to your voice in that genre, but the pitch is a tad off here and there... i'd say get some pitch exercises/lessons if you dont want to use autotune... and anyways that solution is not available for live gigs unless you can afford an autotune rack unit which is way expensive. Besides, you dont want to really turn up for gigs with a autotune do you?

I'll check some more tracks out later

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/7             14-Sep-05  @  08:08 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

simonday99

Yeah cheers for the feedback, am working on my pitch, tryin to get it better - smokin doesnt help much so am giving it up! Whats autotune, is it software or hardware?

Message 4/7             14-Sep-05  @  08:47 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

beds

can't listen, got no bloody speakers at home now. welcome anyway.

autotune is available as hardware or software, it tries to put you in tune. i'd forget about it and get some singing lessons.

Message 5/7             16-Sep-05  @  12:44 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

admin

Link?:  No link

smoking's got nothing to do with pitch btw, that's totaly untrue, it can effect things like sustain or it can affect the top note you can reach, perhaps bringing it down by a semitone or 2, but it doesnt effect ability to hit & hold pitch

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 6/7             18-Sep-05  @  08:59 PM     Edit: 18-Sep-05  |  09:02 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

0/d

hey its like depeche mode meets the charlatans

i listened to track one, i like it a lot. tho the arps made it very sound 'fly away into outer space' ish.

in terms of feeback tho... a little less gums in the artist photo would be my suggestion, its all about marketing this biz, make yourself a bit more mysterious and aloof without seeming too serious about yourself, that'l sell yer type of stuff.

Message 7/7             21-Sep-05  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Honest feedback wanted!!

milan

not bad, especially considering your gear (well you said it yourself! : )

technicaly speaking, i'd recommend more presence and less reverb on the vocals. they kinda sit back in the mix whereas they really should be the main thing, especially since your voice aint bad!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)