aaa iTune Podcasts - who wants to try it? - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: iTune Podcasts - who wants to try it?

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             23-Sep-05  @  05:17 PM   -   iTune Podcasts - who wants to try it?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok, 7161, load your artist page (not admin, but the main site artist page)

try the podcast link and see if yours loads to iTunes

iTunes s/w is free to d/load but is about 30mb *sigh* if you dont have it

you can then check your 7161 feed is working, cos it appears certain odd characters in song or artist titles doesnt work with the feed script

click the PODCAST icon on your artist page & you'll be presented with a web address for your Podcast.

once you've setup the itune s/w (win xp or mac btw), go to the iTunes s/w menu item:

ADVANCED / Subscribe to Podcast

and paste in the url

all your tunes should load into iTunes

also, if you look at the top of your podcast in the 'Title' row across to the right from your artists name, you'll see a small circle with an arrow in it, that's the link icon & should link to open your 7161 page direct!

anyways, like i said, some non standard characters in song titles or user-names might cause this to not work, we could build a complexed delimiter as we do for streaming which strips out such characters, but, see if it works for you first and if alot of odd characters are causing things to fuck up we'll have to see about adding a delimiter

anyways, each anyone clicks the PODCAST logo on your 7161 page it updates your Podcast Tracklist so it's always up to date whenever anyone goes to fetch it.

People who already have the Podcast onboard their PC can simply Update from there, but if you add any new tracks or remove any tracks or change the order of your main tracks playlist, you need to go to your 7161 page and click the Podcast icon just to update the Podcast file

hope it's useful, i need to investigate about it more to see what else can be done - I didnt add this for dj-mixes yet btw, lets get it all dusted with tracks first.

after that we can add this facility for user created virtual CD albums and for deejay mixes

cheers peeps!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)