aaa This sucks! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: This sucks!

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             10-Oct-05  @  11:27 PM   -   This sucks!

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Lately when my speakers have been sitting quietly they have been randomly popping. It still happens when the mixer is turnt off too. I have made sure that the wires arent crossing each other and am using decent quality jack to xlr leads. Does anyone have any suggestions before I pack these up and lose them for a few weeks to the manufacturer please?

Cheers

Lloyd

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Oct-05  @  12:50 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

k

Link?:  Link

it's probably the fridge in the kitchen Lloyd, when it switches on you get a mains pop... if it bother's you, get a mains filter for the sockets in your studio.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/10             11-Oct-05  @  12:51 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

k

btw, it could be any mains switching... heating timer, fridge, etc

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             11-Oct-05  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

Lloyd Duddley

Cheers K. Do I just buy one for each speaker? If so are these ones suitable? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DPA-The-Power-Mains-Filter_W0QQitemZ5817942661QQcategoryZ81741QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Thanks

Message 5/10             11-Oct-05  @  11:02 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

Lloyd Duddley

Or can I plug an extension lead into one of these?

Message 6/10             11-Oct-05  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

k

you can use extention lead on a filter, yes. but that one's not what i'm thinking... more like this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=46830&doy=11m10

Message 7/10             11-Oct-05  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: This sucks!

Lloyd Duddley

Thanks a lot, will try this.

Message 8/10             06-Nov-05  @  04:42 PM   -   RE: This sucks!

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

Its Definatly your mains, also seems to be much more noticeable with active monitors and/or xlr
cables my bm6a pop when the electric oven is turned on or off.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 9/10             06-Nov-05  @  05:12 PM   -   RE: This sucks!

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 10/10             06-Nov-05  @  07:00 PM   -   RE: This sucks!

Lloyd Duddley

I went to Maplin to buy that 6-way conditioner and saw a more expensive one reduced to the same price so decided to try it. The brand is Tacima and looks as if it should be rack-mountable but unfortunately isn't. Although I cannot be sure that this has cured the problem as I occaisionally get the odd minute click. However it does seem to have reduced it by a lot.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)