aaa BCR2000 to control vst intruments - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             20-Oct-05  @  01:17 AM   -   BCR2000 to control vst intruments

mine20687

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi everyone,,

I just got my self a BCR2000, how do i use it to control other vst instruments in cubase sx 3.

The presets ie NI Pro 53 seems to work from cubase however how do i get it to learn to control other third party plugins such as the NI FM7, Abysnth 3 etc...

the bcr2000 has been setup as a Remote Conroller. My bcf2000 has already been configure to conrtrol the mixer and that works fine.

Regards
MJ

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             20-Oct-05  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

k

Link?:  Link

well if the s/w synths send out midi from the pots/slider which many do, just grab a fresh BCR 'bank', and use the BCR learn function to map the controls by tweaking the s/w control pot/slider etc and sending that to the BCR input to 'Learnd'... or map the controller number in the BCR manualy if you have the controller numbers from the s/w to hand.

just to check, select a midi track and assign the midi input to the bcr, hit record and move a few pots and see if it's sending ok.

the bcr2000 has been setup as a Remote Conroller
not sure what u mean by that. Dp you mean setup as a remote controller in the same section where you add & setup the BCF?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/8             20-Oct-05  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

mine20687

Hi

Yes i mean i have setup the BCR through Devices/Devices Setup and I have added a Generic Remote(the BCR2000).

When i Load a midi track up(midi 01), i added a VST intrument i.e Monologue and set it to the output.

I then set the input as the BCR2000.

On the BCR2000 i then keep the LEARN button pressesd and rotate one of the controllers, at this point its waiting for a signal from the Monologue.

I turn the knob on the vst Monlogue so that the BCR can learn it to the selcted controller, however this is where nothing happens.

When i load a preset eg the PRO 53 prset on the BCR Cntorller it controls the PRO 53 vst intrument with no problems.

As i'm new to this, please excuse my lack of knowldege.

It it something i'm doing wrong.

Regards
MJ

Message 4/8             20-Oct-05  @  12:51 PM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

k

well i'd say that is because if you add the BCR as a controller, then it is 'one-way traffic' with the BCR only able to transmit data IN to SX, not the other way round. You need to setup the BCR as a midi port object like any other midi i/o device so that it can be selected as the OUTPUT for a midi track, then data can send OUT from the midi track to the BCR.

I should point out that this means you will be using the controller-lane area of the midi track for your controller data storage & any editing, NOt the mix-automation controller section on the main arrange-page

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/8             20-Oct-05  @  04:45 PM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

mine20687

it seems u can't select the monlogue as a input, but you can selct the bcr as a output,

however if i use the Model E vst you can select that as a input or output on a midi track.

Message 6/8             20-Oct-05  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

k

no you dont need to select he synth as the output, you need to select the BCR as the midi track OUTPUT so as to send data from the synth interface gui to the BCR

Message 7/8             20-Oct-05  @  05:19 PM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

mine20687

ive tried that, ive set the bcr2000 as the output and monologue vst synth as the input, but for some reason u can not select the monologue synth as the input,

due to this i used the model e vst as the input and the bcr2000 as the output, still i got no joy, ie there is no midi going to the bcr2000,

this is strange as when i select one of the pre made presets via the bcr it works. All i want to do is make my bcr control my vst instruments via learn mode.

regards mj

Message 8/8             21-Oct-05  @  02:06 AM   -   RE: BCR2000 to control vst intruments

k

you've prolly got it in the wrong mode, i'll have a look at mine tomorrow and see what you mean

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)