aaa Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ???? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

Viewing all 41 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/41             25-Oct-05  @  05:13 AM   -   Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Does anyone know how to make a beat fit when its been sent to a new slicer channel in F L Studio 5. I'm not a beginner and had no problems doing the same thing in F L 4 , but in F L 4 , it was sliced automatically. For some reason , imageline have broken what was already fixed , and I haven't as yet wrapped my head around it.
Can anyone help , or point me in the direction of a good tutorial , before I launch it thru the nearest window !!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/41             30-Oct-05  @  08:54 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

Link?: Link

Open the sample up in a new Sampler Channel, then open up the Channel settings window for it. In the timestretching section in the middle of the window, right click on the "Time" knob and tell FL how many bars it is (similiar to the "Fit" function in previous versions of FL) and then go to Resample and change it to whichever type of sample it is (drums/tonal etc).
The "Slice Map" mode works like the FL Slicer in how it affects the sample.

Experiment with which Resample works best for your particular sample.

sox

Message 3/41             31-Oct-05  @  11:29 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Thanks cheeseburger !!! I'll be sure to try that out later today.
That damn slicer has made me lazy , and I didnt realise how much til I couldnt get the ting to work !!

Message 4/41             31-Oct-05  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

sorry sox ---- ( not cheeseburger )

Message 5/41             31-Oct-05  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/41             31-Oct-05  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

Cheeseburger!...

Where the f**k did that come from?

sox

Message 7/41             31-Oct-05  @  11:35 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

It says cheeseburger on the left side unda ya name dude. Didnt u put that there-or was that jus a random happenin ?
I noticed earlier, that it had changed to small fries , then McChicken Premier --------- gave me the munchies , so I turfed a treacle puddin down my neck !!!!

Hey Sox , have you got tracks posted at www.7161.com ?
I'll give ya a review if ya want one ?
Do a search for 2nd mouse on there an you'll find 6 I've done.
Been reviewin otha peoples music all day to earn an upload credit on Garageband. Finally got my song on there. Hard work ---------------- mentally F**ked !!!!!!!!!!

Message 8/41             01-Nov-05  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

milan

its easier on dancetech eh?

Message 9/41             01-Nov-05  @  12:45 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Its easier on dancetech but I've had a big fat zero reviews so I'm using my website as a basesite to direct any interested parties to it from other sites -------- at least on garageband you know your'e definitely gonna get reviews an the reviews push ya up their chart , and a lot of pro producers are homing in on garageband ------------ its a fairer system cos rewards are more democratic ----- ya may get a granny reviewin yer track one day and Roni Size the next, but I think it all balances out in the end

Message 10/41             01-Nov-05  @  10:48 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

milan

post it in the tracks forum, that'll get you some comments.

Message 11/41             01-Nov-05  @  12:17 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

I just posted a thread in music tracks called " could someone review my music"
didn't know how to put a link in the post ------------- any idea sox ?

Message 12/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

milan

no need... just click on your logo to get to your tracks page  

Message 13/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

garageband, tsk.... you have to review tracks to get decent hosting amounts, whereas we give it for free anyways... oh well, they've only got a paltry multi million budget the poor buggers

and a lot of pro producers are homing in on garageband

yeah and everyone i know who drinks budwieser is handsome, athletic, and spends all evening in the gym preparing for their next icy 'Bud' after a hard day power-working in the office.... cos it's the lifestyle baby!!

lol... i think I'll go and play the classic album:

Thin Lizzy LIVE at the Carling Hammersmith Apollo.. *sigh*...

ITS THE HAMMERSMITH FUCKING ODEON !!!!!!!

what next?... The Michelob Albert Hall

??

"We must fight these terrorists, they seek to threaten our british way of life"

yeah thats right.. The Mustafa's Kebabs Hammersmith Apollo

NOT!... y'getmi?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 14/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:31 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

I'm not saying I'm the best musician in the world , but some of the tracks I,ve had to review to get an upload credit were totally void of musical talent and I'd rather not have to do that again.
I reviewed 30 tracks yesterday and I tried my damnedest to be fair and give an honest critique but its way F**kin hard.
I just wanna find a label to give me a recording contract and do for a living what I love . could make music 24/7.

Message 15/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

milan

thats hilarious... you had to review 30 tracks of their choice so you could upload a track?

oh yeah... and i can totaly see George Martin sitting at home and listening to garageband tracks. last i heard he was 90 and losing his hearing :P

;)

Message 16/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

They make out that George Martin may personally maybe listen to some himself. He may know a lot about the beatles , but i'm sure he knows shit all about electronica -------- or are the structure rules the same ?
y'know , verse bridge chorus etc........
Its a lot easier than it was -- trudging around in the pissin rain with your demo in your pocket, with eager sweaty hands , knocking on doors and getting told you're shit , and havin no bus fare to get home again.
Do you know any labels who might be interested in my trax ?

Message 17/41             01-Nov-05  @  01:45 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

How do I put an avatar in that box just there ?

Message 18/41             01-Nov-05  @  03:44 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

It says cheeseburger on the left side unda ya name dude. Didnt u put that there-or was that jus a random happenin ?

I think that's just K's way of rating how many posts people put into da forum (or what he fancies for dinner)... lol. And no, I've never noticed before.... I don't even eat red meat!

Hey Sox , have you got tracks posted at www.7161.com ?
I'll give ya a review if ya want one ?

ummm, no. Got a few posted on the Dancetech site but haven't uploaded anything in about 3 years....

My music's probably a bit too "commercial" for you guys....

I've got a few DJ's playing one of my tunes in da clubs now...they asked for a copy to play after hearing it (thanks to my singer/writing partner, Caroline. She's the one checking out the mixes in larger PA's and getting it heard).
We're hopefully gonna take it out on the live circuit sometime in da new year as a duo...live drummer and singer.... it's gonna rock and rule

sox

Message 19/41             01-Nov-05  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

too commercial?... but... what about all my Westlife cd's!!.... *bwah!*

avatar is added via your MY ADMIN at teh top of the forum (gotta be logged in) - make sure u use the right size image please

Its a lot easier than it was -- trudging around in the pissin rain with your demo in your pocket, with eager sweaty hands , knocking on doors and getting told you're shit , and havin no bus fare to get home again.

ah... it's mebbe PERCEIVED as being easier, cos people think busy forums full of people falling over themselves to 'make freinds' with people and all this group hugging shite means they'll go to your gigs, buy your cd etc... they dont... they wont. - well ok, you might get the odd one, but y'know....

Message 20/41             01-Nov-05  @  04:55 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

make sure u use the right size image please

Any what size would that be matey?

sox

Message 21/41             01-Nov-05  @  05:22 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

The Moujik

The image should be 50 X 50 Pixels - browse your local or network drives and select your new image -
You will return to this page & see a preview when you hit the send button -
if the image is incorrect, simply reselect, and re-send.

Message 22/41             01-Nov-05  @  05:35 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

so wheres my avatar preview then ?

Message 23/41             01-Nov-05  @  05:51 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

milan

looks like something fucked up... i can only see k's avatar and mine

Message 24/41             01-Nov-05  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

yee-ess !!!! i,m off to review another 47,000 shite songs to earn an upload --- actually, fuk dat -------------------- im off to look for a label - back later y'all !!

Message 25/41             02-Nov-05  @  06:47 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

wise choice

Message 26/41             02-Nov-05  @  12:13 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

Nope...my avatar still not working....

sox

Message 27/41             02-Nov-05  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

dude, why?

Message 28/41             02-Nov-05  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

Don't know...
Followed the instructions as to size and file type....

sox

Message 29/41             02-Nov-05  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

Got it....

Except you can't read the damn text 'cause it's too small!

sox

Message 30/41             03-Nov-05  @  12:05 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Hey guys hows it goin ? check this ----- reviewed 15 pairs of songs to gain an upload credit ( cos I aint payin for it !! ) on garageband , then cos I didnt get any reviews myself , I reviewed 2 more songs to get an " instant karma review credit " which shoves me to the top of the " songs to be reviewed " list , but they've only went and reviewed someone elses song and sent the review to my artist page , the stupid twats !!!!!!!!!

Message 31/41             03-Nov-05  @  12:06 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

sox -- see u got your avatar sorted ! coooool !!!!

Message 32/41             03-Nov-05  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

the stupid twats !!!!!

rofl....

gotta love that garageband site

Message 33/41             03-Nov-05  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Hey K !!!! Hows it goin with u ---------- Garageband ? Dont talk to me !!!!! I'll be brown bread before my song gets anywhere on that chart of theirs ---- admittedly, the review of " travelling light " that someone gave me pointed out the very thing that my girlfriend , and then you ,spotted.
That "sega " lead line that goes all 70s black funk in da middle.
I originally tried to dirty it up with Brams Cyanide 2, but for some reason it wouldnt take. jus sounds too clean and too "nice". want it to sound funky but not thin n lame ,like it does.
Everyones happy with the rest, so thats ok.
I think you've invented a new genre ------ M.D.K. ( murder,death,kill ) ha ha ha Your mix sounds ace !!!!

Message 34/41             03-Nov-05  @  05:15 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

mouse, you totaly fucked up adding your web address and it caused all sorts of forum display issues. I removed it from yout profile

please add it again, but do NOT use html tags in your admin forms... all the html is done by the system - just add the web address and that's it.. no need to add link tags or target tags etc

Message 35/41             03-Nov-05  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

sorry K------ I'm a bit net-clueless !!!!!! I'll get there
How do I edit my profile to enter my web address again................

Message 36/41             03-Nov-05  @  06:48 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

go to admin - edit my details - and just add your desired weblink into the form feild for website

Message 37/41             03-Nov-05  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

Right K --- ive put the web address in my admin
was it the http:// bit that ballsed it all up ?
let me know if i done it right !!

Message 38/41             04-Nov-05  @  01:23 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

k

that's it mate, sorted

Message 39/41             04-Nov-05  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

K !! Is there any way to know how many hits my page gets ? jus B interestin' to know

Message 40/41             04-Nov-05  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

sox

I've just uploaded my first tune onto 7161.com in about 3 years

Not sure what my damn URL is though

so do a search for sox and it should pull it up.... it's called "24 Hours".

sox

I listened to your first tune in the list btw Mouse. A bit "techno" for my personal taste so I can't really judge whether the tune is good or bad 'cause I don't listen to that particular idiom.... sorry.

Message 41/41             04-Nov-05  @  01:04 PM   -   RE: Beatslicing in F L Studio 5 ????

2nd mouse

no worries sox ------------- "one mans meat is another mans murder " as someone said.
I know my stuff would be audio heaven for some and audio hell for others
feedback is easier to take on the chin when ya have that attitude.

3 years !!!!!!!!!!! bloody hell !!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna go look for it now

Viewing all 41 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5

There are 41 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)