aaa can you lend me some money.............? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: can you lend me some money.............?

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             25-Oct-05  @  03:07 PM   -   can you lend me some money.............?

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

http://www.apple.com/powermac/

lol. yeah, i did a fake build-up in the cart : max'd out everything with 16GB RAM and eight 30" digital displays (says you can run up to eight now)

here's what is got:

AirPort Extreme Card
Part Number: M8881LL/A
Estimated Ship: Within 24 hours
Remove $79.00 $79.00
AirPort Extreme Base Station (with modem and antenna port)
Part Number: M8799LL/A
Remove $199.00 $199.00
iSight
Part Number: M8817LL/C
Remove $149.00 $149.00
Power Mac G5 Quad-core 2.5GHz
Part Number: Z0AW
2x500GB Serial ATA - 7200rpm
Bluetooth Module + AirPort Extreme Card
Accessory kit
16x SuperDrive DL (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
16GB 533 DDR2 ECC SDRAM- 8x2GB
Mac OS X - U.S. English
QUADRO FX 4500 512MB SDRAM
Apple Wireless Keyboard & Mouse - U.S. English
2.5GHz Quad-core PowerPC G5
Fibre Channel PCI Express Card (w/ SFP-SFP cable)
Estimated Ship: 3-4 weeks
Remove $18,482.00 $18,482.00
Apple Cinema HD Display (30" flat panel)
Part Number: M9179LL/A
Remove $2,499.00 $19,992.00
AppleCare Protection Plan for Power Mac (w/ or w/o Display)
Part Number: M8850LL/A
Remove $249.00 $249.00
.Mac - Family Pack Promotion
Part Number: BA382LL/A
Remove $149.95 $149.95

Cart Subtotal: $39,299.95

lol

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             25-Oct-05  @  07:52 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

k

Link?:  Link

i'll have 2 !!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             26-Oct-05  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

Zazza

I'll have 8!

Message 4/9             26-Oct-05  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

Dominic

Cool. Maybe we can get a deal.

Message 5/9             26-Oct-05  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

psylichon

Link?: Link

the new macs have spawned all sorts of hypothetical PC configurations on the usual forums. Obviously, you can get a seriously screamin' PC for the price of these new macs. One has to wonder how Jobs expects a lame duck system to sell for such a price premium. It's almost like he wants people to switch to intel early or something. I don't get it.

Message 6/9             27-Oct-05  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

soup

I'm not too into new or high-end computers on any platform but it has gotten to the point that you can get used or refurbished low-end macs that you can actually do shit with for prices that aren't stupid.

Message 7/9             27-Oct-05  @  02:41 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

k

Link?:  Link

true....

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/9             27-Oct-05  @  04:28 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

Dominic

Oh for sure. There are plenty of peeps who make a living of music that have ancient computers. Examples I can think of the top of my head are Four tet, Norman Cook, Mylo and Tosca.

Message 9/9             27-Oct-05  @  06:32 PM   -   RE: can you lend me some money.............?

craig

Link?: Link

I think in the Mac arena you could really do a decent job with the upper-range Mac Mini and a good firewire hard drive. Especially if you threw on a firewire Powercore. That'd be a pretty nice system.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)