aaa someone please review my tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: someone please review my tracks

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             01-Nov-05  @  12:09 PM   -   someone please review my tracks

2nd mouse

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Ive got some music at www.7161.com
Its been there for weeks , but I've had no reviews
Could someone give me some feedback

If you search for 2nd mouse you should arrive at my page that has 6 tracks on there.
Many thanks !!!!!!!!

2nd Mouse

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             02-Nov-05  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok, Travelling Light - funky intro man, really liked alot of it... the intro bass sounds like a syntechno teebee... loverly ring mod growly, not s00 sure about the 'chorus' pad riff thing with the horns underneath, the horns i do like, but the pad's a tad dominant for me, or mebbe it's the sound - this one's got some good bits overall but i'm not partial to that 'sega melody' thing and where it all goes, even tho it's very musical... i prefer the beginning and the breakdowns & all the drumwork, & the starsky and hutch guitar ... it's that raw funkness i like, and the sax lick is to die for!

My errant self - very cool!!!!.... gothic... what i love about it is the intro could be classic trance but it isnt trance at all.. the intro drums tell you this is a different trip coming,

Audiostream2 - yup, it's musicaly interesting enough to make it highly listenable in a day to day context, but... I could get into that with the correct medication to hand as well!..definatly that keyboard riff up in the top left hand side of the mix would take you walkies  

INSTINCT - hello...tiggers, growly noises.. Ja!.. german autobahns... old mercs driving thru the rain at night .... heh, yeah man, that breakdown kicks ass... smurfs on acid...   it's quite pumpy compression on this one... yeah, the vocals fade stuff   - oh yeah!... breakdown.... yeah, that's a great track, my favourite i think, it's so organic

HEIST - yeah that's banging man!.. love the drum solo breaks... they break it down perfectly, and give the return real high octane lead-in... thats a deep track man when you delve into it, i'd love to hear that at cd quality

Little BitMech - love that!

for 'electronic music' it has a strong emphasis on 'music', it's not just some mindless electronic/dance, it's all saying something with a strong identity which i really like alot. It's high quality stuff man!

but for me it all has no bottom end, if i ramped up some bass on it around 40-200hz it sounded warmer & fuller.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             02-Nov-05  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

2nd mouse

hey K ----------- so glad u liked my stuff
There was always the fear that someone would tell me I was tone-deaf..
I liked everyting you said , even the bit about the " sega lead " in "travelling light" ( as my girlfriend told me the same ----------------- she was quite happy listenin to it on an mp3 player till that came out and she said W what you do that for ......... you spoiled it ! )
On garageband , I've got 8 fans so far and its so stoopid cos one of them is like f**ckin Merle Haggard or someone that sings "achey breaky heart " and he's tellin me that he digs " Heist " and wants to be " my friend " ha ha ha I think its a deliberate ploy to kind of " greet " new initiates ?
I'm so glad you liked " heist " cos its the closest to my imagined sound that I've been able to get to.
Wasn't sure if it was right for public consumption........ It's not exactly opium for the masses --------- there will be more stuff coming like " Heist " , and I'm in my lab playing with MDSP + Smart Electronix " LIVECUT " which is potentially a fantastic vst plugin , if I can wrap my lettuce around it and get it to trigger right.
Bass................Hmmmmmmm..............It must be the speakers I'm using cos they're only little triangle things with a powered bass cabinet. They dont really cut the mustard I know , cos I'm not able to hear the frequencies I need to hear ---------- the sub-bass , but I'll take what you said on board and keep my eye on those frequencies.
Many thanks K -------- good feedback is very hard to find. Where do your trax live ?

Message 4/9             02-Nov-05  @  03:32 PM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

k

Link?:  Link

u can see anyones profile/tracks in the forum by clicking their avatar or name

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/9             02-Nov-05  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

mr.me

Just DLed HEIST, where'd you get the guy saying "what's up"?

Cool track..not as good as k's review....but good track none the less.

You should post a couple higher res versions.

Message 6/9             03-Nov-05  @  12:10 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

2nd mouse

Sorry mr.me ----------- that was high res --- mp3's suffer from truncation , clunky cymbals an all that. So glad you liked the track --------- wasnt sure how it would go down with the public.
Thanx matey !!!!!!!!

Message 7/9             03-Nov-05  @  12:44 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

mr.me

2nd mouse wrote:

Sorry mr.me ----------- that was high res --- mp3s suffer from truncation , clunky cymbals an all that. So glad you liked the track --------- wasnt sure how it would go down with the public.
Thanx matey !!!!!!!!

How many kbps?

Message 8/9             03-Nov-05  @  01:09 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

2nd mouse

If I remember right ------ 128kbs was the maximum allowed -------ok ok ya got me --- how many kbs is wav ---------- wav is better but not convenient
Does anybody else think musics being dumbed down again , i mean we went from crackly vinyl to crystal clear cd and now we're all going mp3 mad , and its like a backward step isn't it , or is it just me ?

Message 9/9             03-Nov-05  @  01:14 AM   -   RE: someone please review my tracks

2nd mouse

Does anyone know of a really good sample site where ya can get good non-cheesey copyright-free vocals samples.
I been hunting for some vocals and everyone wants me to buy a sample cd , or theyve got samples of butch german woman saying " take a dump " in euro-dance styles.
By the way , its official ---- garageband sucks ass !!!!!!!!

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)