aaa band in a box midi files - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

25-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: band in a box midi files

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             19-Nov-05  @  05:02 AM   -   band in a box midi files

kobi_dog

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi everyone,
total newbie here,i'm running logic 5.1(2002)on PC.
big learning curve for a beginner but we all have to start some where i spose,
o.k. my querie is once i have draughted some sought of a song in band in a box and am sort
of in the ballpark for a sound,when i save as a midi file and then load onto logic it all works fine
but if i decide to change a instrument on a track it my midi mixer section i get the new sound for just a few seconds and then it reverts back to the original?
does this mean that i can't change the instrument and that i have to assign the instruments in band in the box
or are there a few magic buttons i can press?my sound card is a DSP24 value,and my midi sounds are from an old yamaha PSR270 keyboard,i know it's not what you would call up
to date stuff but you've got to do with what you've got,
any help would be most appreciated,
kobi_dog

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             19-Nov-05  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: band in a box midi files

k

Link?:  Link

your midi file mebbe has patch/bank change data at the beginning which is resetting the sounds each time the songs cycles back to start... you need to go into OPEN EVENT LIST (windows menu) and see if there's any patch change data in the list for the midi parts... it will be an entry called: 'Program' - and working across left-to-right after the 'Value' (which will 'Program') it'll have a 'cha' value and after that a 'Val' which is the patch number, and then the 'Length/Info' column will say the name of the patch

anyways if you see any program change/setting vaule in your midi event list remove it (highlight and delete)

or, if that doesnt do it..

Next if you highlight a track with midi data on it, and look at the left-hand side of the arrange page at the lower vertical box with the track title & channel etc on it, you'll see a setting under the CHA (midi channel) setting, called: PRG

is it ticked?.. detick it

try those things

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             19-Nov-05  @  03:30 PM   -   RE: band in a box midi files

kobi_dog

absolutely marvelous,
thanks K,the first suggestion worked a treat,can't thank you enough
as a newbie it's been driving me crackers,didn't think i had to be stuck to one instrument.

at least through my surfing the net for info i came upon this most impressive site
many thanks again K i'm sure i'll be on this site quite alot,
kobi_dog

Message 4/5             19-Nov-05  @  04:09 PM   -   RE: band in a box midi files

k

Link?:  Link

you;re welcome man, anytime - btw, you can use those same patch change entries which were casuing a problem when set to the WRONG sounds, to make a song load the correct sounds on your keyboard automatialy when you load the song of course, you just need to have the correct patch number on each track at the start of the midi and the keyboard will play the right sounds you want automaticaly

put the cursor to zero/start position, open the midi part in piano edit... show the HYPERDRAW area ('view' menu/hyperdraw/Program change) then using the arrow tool drag the little block up/down to the required patch number.... that will send out a message to the keyboard to assign that patch-number to that channel/track

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             21-Nov-05  @  05:43 AM   -   RE: band in a box midi files

kobi_dog

yes ty K,
i messed around with it and discovered that,thanks again for your expertise,
kobi_dog.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)