aaa Tascam_MF-P01 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Tascam_MF-P01

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             26-Nov-05  @  01:59 PM   -   Tascam_MF-P01      [Link: Tascam - MF-P01]

carlyjennings

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

HI
I want to buy this as a present for my dad. I know nothing about this stuff at all. He plays acoustic guitar. Do i need a mic to plug in so he can record? Does it work this way or is it only suitable for semi acoustic guitars which can plug in directly? thanks very much

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             26-Nov-05  @  06:34 PM   -   RE: Tascam_MF-P01

k

Link?:  Link

yes, the input on this unit can take mic or line inputs (but the mic lead needs to have a 1/4" jack plug on the end rather than an XLR 3-pin connector), but it'll always sound better with a dedicated pre-amp which you can get for as little as 30 quid for something like a cheap behringer which also would give you the option for using a condenser mic... otherwise u must use a dynamic microphone for use with this unit.

Bare in mind this product is really designed as a working 'scratch-pad' type recorder, for getting ideas down, but for that purpose it works very well & is small and portable enuff to go into a decent sized guitar bag pocket or small rucksack/bag along with pedals & leads etc.

The next step up from this product would be to go for a digital device such as from ZOOM etc - like this one:

http://www.dancetech.com/aa_dt_new/shop/edit.cfm?product_id=153613&carrywith=

...which offer's additionals such as EQ and some built-in FX.... but that requires buying smartcards for song storage which is way more expensive than cheap Chrome or Metal cassette tapes used by the tascam (which are about 60-70 pence each if you buy them in tens), and of course these digital 4-tracks cost a bit more.

I bought one of these tascams 2 christmas's ago for a freind who writes songs using electric and acoustic guitar and who is NOT technicaly minded at all, and they use it all the time for writing songs and had no problems learning to use it cos it is so simple to use. So for those points (ease of use & simplicity) it is very good. They use it to write songs and then the band learns it and they record the band-version later on a bigger recording system.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             03-Dec-05  @  10:07 PM   -   RE: Tascam_MF-P01

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Love those tascams..

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)