aaa Writing for Video Games - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Writing for Video Games

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Nov-05  @  12:16 PM   -   Writing for Video Games

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Was wondering who's got first hand experience of this?

i know ... Beds makes stuff for TV/Film/Media right?

Looking to branch out soemwhat, still do the dance stuff but try my hand at putting sound to picture on games, soundtrack etc etc

Any help or experiences?

Alan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             29-Nov-05  @  06:43 PM     Edit: 01-Dec-05  |  09:17 AM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

beds

try mandy.com there's one composing job going there now

other than that, do you know any one who works for a tv company, radio station, advertising agency, game design company?

i started doing soundtracks for short animated films, for people i knew and who knew i was a musician, everything since has been word of mouth.

Message 3/8             30-Nov-05  @  04:36 PM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

k

Link?:  Link

heh, the last one we did, i had to create a very short 'trance' sequence for one section of the film.. lol, it was cool

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/8             30-Nov-05  @  08:05 PM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

thanks beds, that looks a good site !

K im not all about the omfgTr3nC0rz ! *stamps feet*

Message 5/8             01-Dec-05  @  10:47 AM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

Influx

checked that site bedwyr, and all Ive gotten so far is typical smoke blowing up my ass.

we'll see what happens but if waht it "takes" is to be a suckup ass kisser Im definitely not cut out for this bullshit

Message 6/8             01-Dec-05  @  12:40 PM     Edit: 01-Dec-05  |  12:49 PM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

beds

i've never used that site myself, just thought it might be a way in if you've no contacts.

yesterday i was editing an anti drink-drive advert for radio, today i'm editing christmas idents, stings and beds for tv channel. all because the guy in the office next door is too busy to do them. you got to get to know people really, sometimes you have to talk to wankers. ho-hum.

merry christmas,

bah humbug.

Message 7/8             02-Dec-05  @  10:41 AM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

beds

try creativecow.net for some companies who might be in a position to give you work, they have forums and shit, and other info.

over here we have (for now, it's getting abolished) sgrin/madeinwales which is a listing site/directory of media companies, with contact details etc. maybe jockland/english regions have the same kind of thing. you could find a local company maybe to get to know.

Message 8/8             02-Dec-05  @  02:02 PM   -   RE: Writing for Video Games

k

Link?:  Link

omfgTr3nC0rz
- lol... heh, sure... i meant it was actualy refreshing to add such a part which had timings to fit the action, when usualy we do the ambient pads, strings etc and all the usual 'film' style stuff.... so getting the chance to do even a small section using contemporary style was interesting

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)