aaa stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             15-Dec-05  @  02:44 PM   -   stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5      [Link: Tascam - Pocketstudio 5]

jsullivan

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I can't seem to get sterio with two lines in with my pocketstudio...The switches are pushed to line...cords are good...signal is coming through the line out ....it is just not recording one side. Oh...I asigned it to 1 and 2 so that is not the problem...any help is appreciated.jsullivan @twu.edu

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             15-Dec-05  @  03:42 PM   -   RE: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

k

well surely it onlt records one mono track at a time doesn't it?.. most 4 track porta's will only do this I think cos they are multitracks... each track is mono

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             15-Dec-05  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

jsullivan

Link?: Link

Thanks for the reply....The book says I can record in sterio using 2 tracks....one for left ,one for right. A 1/4 in the guitar/line...anb one in the mic/line. It also says that you have to do this on track 1 ansd 2...which I have done. I hear the mix in the headphones but on play back only get the left side.....the problem I think is that the recorder does not recognize one of the inputs....Am I missing something? thanks for thr help....really cool site..

Message 4/6             15-Dec-05  @  05:08 PM   -   RE: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

k

er... never used that machine...

I hear the mix in the headphones but on play back only get the left side

do you mean, on playback you hear stereo on headphones but only one side on your speakers from the master L/R out on the tascam?

in that case r u sure your cables from 4-track to amp/speakers are both working ok?

what happens if you take the lead which is feeding the speaker which does work OUT of the tascam on the side that DOES play and plug that lead into the other output on the tascam... do you hear sound? if yes the other lead is shagged.

check all your monitor chain leads to ascertain that both L/R leads feeding your amp/speaker chain from the tascam are both working

also i dunno the unit but do you need to switch tracks 1/2 OUT of some sort of 'Input monitor' mode into a 'Play' mode? - did u do that ok?

I'm guessing here, but that's stuff to check in any situation like this

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             15-Dec-05  @  05:34 PM   -   RE: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

jsullivan

Link?: Link

Ok...sir...I checked my cords..and pulled them to reduce possible problems....the issue I think is in the mode ....The machine recognizes only one play mode on one track when recording.....The book suggests otherwise...I will fiddle with it ...I am only using headphones now......no monitors..The biggest problem"I think" is that this is a very small piece of equipment ,with multi-function buttons....It must be the user..It has been a long night with a new piece of equipment.....I don't want to waste your valubale time,,,,,I sure appreciate the help....It is good to know I checked the things you mentioned with no result.....It might be a machine malfunction(this is a new ebay purchase) . I guess I am going back to the old reliable until I figure it out. The beautiy of the unit is it's quick conversion to MP3 files....the ultamante notepad type of recorder for quickly sharing ideas via internet...working on 6 aa Batts..I do not think I could recomend it for much more than that as of yet. Again....I really appreciate your time,Thank you.

Message 6/6             15-Dec-05  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: stereo w/Tascam_Pocketstudio 5

k

.the issue I think is in the mode ....The machine recognizes only one play mode on one track when recording.

Well perhaps one has to set a different mode for stereo use? - dunno - it's not to do with pan positions is it?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)