aaa Moog Prodigy - osc. sync. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Moog Prodigy - osc. sync.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             16-Dec-05  @  01:20 PM   -   Moog Prodigy - osc. sync.

paulmatthewson2000

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

I've just bought a mk.2 Podigy, had it serviced and now I'm dabbling with it.

I've got a question about the oscillator sync:

What happens is that when the oscillators are NOT synced together, it tunes perfectly (or close enough) to A=440hz, and the oscillators tune to each other properly, at unison. However, as soon as you sync the oscillators, the pitch of both oscillators drops down 3 semitones (a minor third). It's annoying to say the least, but it's not so annoying that I haven't been able to work with it. It just requires me retuning the pitch knob if i want to use the osc sync. The problem is consistent, no matter whther i've just switched the synth on, or whether it's well-warmed up. I thought it might be a wrongly-tuned oscillator, but then I realized they tune perfectly together when they're not synced, so how can that be? However I might be missing some info, I'm no electronic genius.

So I guess what my question are, are:
-Is this normal? I'm guessing it's not.
-Has anyone else had this problem?
-Possible fixes or suggestions?

cheers

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             16-Dec-05  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: Moog Prodigy - osc. sync.

Bluescreen

Link?: Link

-Is this normal? I'm guessing it's not.

Nope, not normal. My Prodigy doesn't show this behaviour.

No idea for a fix though, sorry.

Message 3/3             18-Dec-05  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Moog Prodigy - osc. sync.

skip_rat

Link?:  No link

Hi,

Thanks for that, I've asked James at Synth Repair Services to quote for the fix.

Cheers for replying

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)