aaa N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

24-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             17-Dec-05  @  12:17 PM   -   N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I never saw the river that high, they are developing a small riverside apartment block next door to me and yesterday the whole walkway system around the apartments was underwater, and the water had come right up beyond the buildings foundations!!... IThe level was about a foot from the top of the river wall yesterday man where it joins the road on the embankment, jesus!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             17-Dec-05  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

mcc>

Link?: Link

i wasn't sure when or how i wanted to go about but i have been wanting to wish everyone a warm safe and dry season...this one and subsequent ones to come.
we're talking long-haul here folks.
with all the climactic changes going on this planet and the north pole even making a shift longitudinally....as was announced this month....
us ants are certainly going to encounter some occurences and experiences which are new to us....and sometimes to painful, if not devastating, proportions.
i myself am experiencing the coldness just in my semi-tropical southern cali home of san diego and it's a stretch away from february and quebec..
seeing the east get hit with this cold spell and europe and the rest of the world.....well.....i just want to once again say...stay warm and dry peeps...keep your surge-protectors well-above water-level and don't toss out any old jackets or mittens...no matter what a loser your football team turned out to be. better to be warm and silly than freezing in style.
hey...freezing in style...i like that.

where's my damned mittens?

Message 3/5             21-Dec-05  @  11:07 AM   -   RE: N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

Jock Munro

Link?: Link

the Thames was high because I fell off the gangway of The Regalia, which is moored up near London Bridge. Its a "beer boat". I was so drunk that I slipped and fell into the river.

Being a lardy fellow, the resulting water displacement was enough to raise the rest of the thames by 3ft.

My apologies for any flooding/inconvenience this caused.

Message 4/5             21-Dec-05  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

k

Link?:  Link

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             21-Dec-05  @  08:38 PM   -   RE: N E 1 notice the Thames yesterday?

mcc> gondola

Link?:  No link

btw...a little off-topic but it seems nutonium injured himself working on his big apartment-basement project. he says it kills him to get up and move even to the computer.....
and apparently there's now a girl there who makes sure he don't.
poor guy's suffering terribly but he wanted me to extend
a big up to the homies @ dt / 7161....from jf.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)