aaa Yamaha_MSP5 troubleshooting-Help!! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Yamaha_MSP5 troubleshooting-Help!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             20-Dec-05  @  09:32 PM   -   Yamaha_MSP5 troubleshooting-Help!!      [Link: Yamaha - MSP5]

escanni

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am the Music Director of our church and while cleaning out some of our storage area I came across a pair of these monitors-except for a few light scratches they look pretty good-however when I try to hook them up to a Kurzweil keyboard using the 1/4" jacks- the volume is VERY low even with both volumes ( keyboard and monitors)all the way up. Any ideas? I'd hate to think that a $400-500 pair of monitors got trashed- the sound coming from them is nice and clean....just very low volume. Would using 1/4" to XLR cables work? Would I have to run the keyboard through a DI box? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             20-Dec-05  @  10:28 PM   -   RE: Yamaha_MSP5 troubleshooting-Help!!

damballah

Link?: Link

sorry they're trashed. jeebus wants you to sell them to me for twenny bucks.

Message 3/3             21-Dec-05  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: Yamaha_MSP5 troubleshooting-Help!!

k

Link?:  Link

did you switch them on? - if u used line-2 (1/4" jack) IN and the connecting cables are all ok, and the speakers are switched on, and the volume controls are turned up on them....er... then i guess they are knackered  

or the synth output is - try another source feeding them, check your leads etc. The usual

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)