aaa wow, damned good for cheap! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: wow, damned good for cheap!

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             22-Dec-05  @  06:32 PM   -   wow, damned good for cheap!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Just treated myself to a very cheap christmas present - one of those cheap Behringer guitar processors - V-AMP 2 - and it's is awesomely good for such a pitance!

I saw it in a shop and thought, "yeah, i've seen this online for ages and i wonder what they are like compared to Line-6" (which i've tried extensively)

well i gotta say, ok, the Line-6 equivilent unit is in a metal diecast shell... the behringer one is plastic, and sure it does feel cheaper & lighter etc, but damned, for £69 quid (a pair of trainers) it's amazingly good!

The actual unit is quite small on display, but the box when you buy it is bloody huge, I wondered why when the guy fetched it out of the store room, but there's more in the box!

You get a VERY decent rucksack/laptop-bag fabric carrying case which is nicely padded all around the inside to porotect the unit while travelling... The rucky-case comes with a shoulder strap & briefcase style handle for transportation.... and it's decent thick woven fabric, very sturdy, with a fairly decent quality zip (nylon teeth, not metal, but then hey, my Berghaus rucky has plastic zips too and they ARE very good rucksacks).

You get the unit itself, a power supply, and also a solid metal UP/DOWN pedal thrown in too!...

The pedal is of VERY sturdy construction, made of formed steel plate and the lead is VERY long.. about 5 meters!!.. plenty of length to easily allow the unit to be positioned out of harms way for local gigs in any typical stage size you'd find in pubs and smaller clubs, so you could combine this as an fx unit & tone-switcher unit with a proper amp/cab rig for live gigs!

cant wait to try it thru the big old Marshall rig!.. soundwise.. well honestly to my ears it sounds just as good as a Line-6... Certainly it has just as good a bottom-end... these modellers will never give you the bottom-end 'chunk' of a real valve rig, but this is as good as a Line-6 to my ears.

As for reliability, well, that can't be said yet, but I know from heavily investigating Line-6 gear that their gear has been prone to breakdown and OS glitches, so it could be just as reliable... certainly to my ears it sound really decent especialy considering the rediculous price... you could chuck it away and buy a new one each year and it'll cost you slightly over a quid a week (5 packs of rizlas roughly per week!)

lol

lets shred!! - seriously, try one if you need some sort of guitar input for your home setup!... This is awesome, cos also i can now travel with my guitar/gig-bag AND have something to practice & play thru.. perfect!.. I always don't bother to take a guitar with me when going away for a few days cos i dont have any sort of amp to use & acoustic's are so bulky to travel with...but this is perfect for that! Well done Behringer!... dunno where they get the modelling chip from but it sounds ok!

check 'em out seriously!.. hey, it's even got a tuner in it! and the main headphone volume IS loud enuff to rock out with high-gain amp models!

69 quid!.. lol ... what a BARGAIN! (as long as it doesn't crap out on me that is after a few weeks, lol)

I bet one of these with an old analog synth would rock-ass for live shows to add fx, overdrive etc!

it also has +4 & -10 balanced and unbalanced stereo line out, not bad! - it even has an additional AUX input for a drumbox or whatever with it's own volume adjuster, & MIDI in/out/thru.. cool!

anyways, there it is... impressive cheap as chips stuff!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)