aaa the t.bone_SC 400 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: the t.bone_SC 400

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             08-Feb-06  @  05:29 PM   -   the t.bone_SC 400      [Link: the t.bone - SC400]

kimmo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Does the t.bone SC400 mic suite well\at all for recording guitars? I mean micing the amp with it.. The guitars would be very distroted metal guitars to be laid down. I Understand the mic would duit very well for acoustic instruments and vocals but could this help me out with all my recordings in my home studio.. Anyone using or tried this mic in the past?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             08-Feb-06  @  07:06 PM   -   RE: the t.bone_SC 400

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

yeah i own one - traditionaly one tends to use dynamic mic's on guitar cabs, but that's not in any way a rule, condenser mic's also do the job.... The old sm57 type of mic has a limited bandwidth or rather a bandwidth emphasis that kinda suits guitar cab mic-ing... However you can of course use condenser's.. um... well i never tried it on a cab tbh. There's a demo on our site of vocal done with it:

SC400 Audio demo

y'know, it's nothing amazing, but sound not bad at all in the price territory it lives in (40 quid!) - as for the cab mic-ing, well it will pickup all the nuances of the cabinet tone ok. I could try it on a marshall 4x12, but there's no way I could do that this week, thing is, if you're ging for a hardcore type of contemporary metal sound you want a 'scoop' mid sound, so any midrange emphasis a dynamic might give isn't going to be important, the SC400 is fairly flat across the freq range & should capture the cab ok - certainly it's damned Ok for 40 quid! - One thing... a mic like the sc400 requires phantom power. - mebbe also look at the SC450, a tad more expensive at around 65 quid, but a bit better no doubt

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)