aaa YAMAHA_QX5 FD - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: YAMAHA_QX5 FD

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             11-Feb-06  @  11:56 AM   -   YAMAHA_QX5 FD      [Link: Yamaha - QX5 FD]

jsauve

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

is there a prog. or a plug in that would enable you to take a cakewalk file and convert it so it could be played on a yamaha QX5fd sequencer

anyone

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             11-Feb-06  @  12:50 PM   -   RE: YAMAHA_QX5 FD

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

well, you could try saving the cakewalk song as a MIDI file - and try loading that - I dunno if QX5FD can load Standard MIDI files, I used to own the non-floppy drive version, (the normal QX5), and i dont think that could do it. But it was a long time ago, I owned the QX5 back in 1989-1994 ish

or... you could connect the QX5FD to the PC, set the QX5FD as MASTER midi clock & set it to send out midi clock, set cake into SLAVE midi clock mode, then put the QX5FD into RECORD, and hit play/record...

Or, set the QX5FD as SLAVE, and make cakewalk the MASTER clock sender....

anyways, what should happen iswhen you hit play/record on the 'CLOCK MASTER' machine, the midi data streams out from cakewalk to the QX5 with both machines running in sync, and the midi is recorded into the QX5 (Just as if you were recording from a keyboard or whatever).... After recording has finished, when you hit PLAY on the QX5 after transferring, it should just play back the midi... You'd need to put the QX5 into OMNI mode so it records all the different channel data, and doesn't try and record all midi incoming data as channel-1 or whatever fixed channel.

the other thing to watch is controller data coming from Cakewalk. Not sure what the TOTAL NOTE specification of the QX5FD is, but when a hardware sequencer says: "Max recording = 60,000 notes", that is refferring to MIDI NOTE data, you start to send over lots of continuous controller messages, and they quickly guzzle up all the avalaible memory. So wherever possible remove unrequired controller move data from your sequences. Perhaps some of that controller data can be done in realtime, (if for example you are trying to do this transfer so you can take the QX5FD out for live gigs.

anyways, watch that one, cos too much controller data in the MIDI and you run out of note storage VERY quick.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)