aaa parallel universe stuff - Feb 2006 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: parallel universe stuff - Feb 2006

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             13-Feb-06  @  09:56 AM   -   parallel universe stuff - Feb 2006

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

TURN ON COMPUTER // TUNE IN TO FREED SPIRIT OF INTERNET // TAKE OVER!

“Many thanks for helping me to reassign the priorities in the second half of my life,
and take decisive action.” Viryam, Director. West London Yogashala.

//(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)\\
u cant understand the world without innerstanding yourself
UP!235// feb 11, 2006
la- la- la- lap-toppling da system!

DEAD MAN WALKING
u cant innerstand yourself without understanding the world
//(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)\\

\)))))(
__,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____
one helluvan enovella!
u UPPies who don’t have e-conomy set-ups keep enquiring if they can buy megatripolis@forever by snail mail. so, though my publisher won’t touch it, i’ve decided to set it UP!  

so send a £5 postal order of some kind to Fraser Clark, c/o STUDIO 3, 20 Woodchurch Rd, London NW6, UK, with the required email address, and i’ll email it to you, ok?
fraser.

\)))))(
___,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____
TONY BLAIR SCORES A CENTURY FOR BRITAIN!
(100 dead brit soldiers)

UP!

contents
p.02 Meet The Zippies // FEEDBACK
p.04 'The Flying Saucers Apprentice’ by David Lewis. [PART ONE]
- I Was Outsourced By Fraser Clark And The Zippies!!!
p.08 DEAD MAN WALKING US/Israel CANNOT Attack Iran
- the iran drumbeat is (almost certainly) the Empire’s final bluff
p.12 ‘The Wondrous Transformation Of Victor The Don’t Know
Into Caleb The Dancer’ another extract from megatripolis@forever
p.14 Was Hitler a British Agent?
p.17 The Zippy Metaphysics of Megatripolis by Dan Mapes
p.19 UP! EMAIL OF THE WEEK

\)))))
____,,,,_{ô¿ô}_,,,,____

so suddenly the danish cartoon story which we’ve been covering for the last 3 weeks, is all over the overground media. why do so many of these stories take so long to surface? am left wondering whether we’re just better at discriminating the important threads (obviously true anyway  or whether these reporter guys read the UP! that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest  

one muslim i read on the subject said the danish newspaper should have done the same with other fundamental religions. that sounds like a good idea, and one the UP! should cover. so… anybody got a good one about Xtians and Jews, or anyone else you’d care to take a poke at? i’d have jesus with a halo formed by an armed killer drone circling his head. and moses looking like bin rothschild laden sitting in a bank basement counting the day’s interest  

hey there’s a positive thought! maybe all this fundamentalist nonsense is actually going through its death throes and free speech (as here) is gonna burst out in its full technicoloured wonderfulness  
UP!

Meet The Zippies // FEEDBACK

WOW!
it sounds like you finally made it into the "never to be forgotten" line-up of human and consciousness innovators! Zippies are here and they are here to stay. When is "Zippy" going into the Oxford dictionary?
Gerd Lange, InBreath, East Sussex, UK.
>>it made it into one of them but then dropped out again as you say, a thing has to endure   pronoia made it into the Dictionary of New Words. and some guy just published a whole book about it. my fave is still shamanarchy, and of course technoshamanism, megatripolis, GroupMind and i forget  
up!

As a former high tech man (retired 30 years ago) I realize what is coming up for you western high tech fellows.
The Zippies from the far east are very good, as I know from first hand experience.

With a little more time we will depend entirely on those far eastern bright fellows, with the unemployment line growing in Silicon valley as well as in Germany, where i was born 80 years ago.
I am glad I reached my age, i feel sorry for the kids in the western world.
Bill Desider, bogota, colombia.
>> the essential point not to miss is that a Zippy is NOT a Yuppy. the LAST thing our planet needs are hundreds of thousands of new competitive capitalist piglets. it needs balanced zippies who are at least (but actually MORE) able to generate wealth and creative change but who are trying to balance their Tecno and Hippy hemispheres and WANT to channel their interconnective skills towards the socially constructive, egalitarian, community-minded paradise ahead. Megatripolis in a word  
up!

i thought the new york times writer, apart from being savvy enough to mention Fraser Clark, had a rather funny dry sense of humour here - "Every now and then they come across other Zippie Tribes from across the planet and exchange music samples and leaflets." ..
haha, instead of business cards i suppose.
i like his turn of phrase, in that he subtly and implicitly sets a scene of potential tribal tension, only to bring us Up! with the cool practise of inter-racial music-meme popping and leaflet-generosities.
hmmm... i feel i might be some sort of Zippie too.
cheers!
jasper, pakistan.
of course u r! u wouldn't like the UP! if u weren’t, you'd be retreating into whichever hemisphere your place of birth stranded you on.
UP!

The Bolivarian Revolution
The Americas Are Being Transformed!

by Manuel Valenzuela

The Bolivarian Revolution spawned by Hugo Chavez (and before him, all on his own, Castro) has given hope to countless millions, granting them the bravery to confront the American Dinosaur and its vast tentacles of market colonialism that has devastated most of South America. No longer scared of America's might, no longer afraid to challenge the status quo, many leaders adopting Chavez's Revolution are changing the rules of the game.
http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article11843.htm
up!

Coca Leaves Perfect For Breakfast

According to Bolivia’s Foreign Minister, coca leaves are so nutritious they should be included in school breakfast menus.

“Coca has more calcium than milk and should be part of the school breakfast” announced David Choquehuanca in La Razon newspaper.

Evo Morales, the country’s first indigenous Indian president, has launched an international campaign (which political campaign the UP! is proud to support) to have coca removed from the UN’s list of dangerous substances (like pot, mushrooms and other blessing from Mother Nature or Goddess). He wants to expand the legal uses to which coca leaves can be put
>> how about the Real Thing then, Real Coca Cola?!)

A 100 gram coca leaf contains: 19 calories or protein, 46mg or Iron, 1540mg of calcium and vitamins A, B1, B2, E and C.
UP!

SO WHAT IS THIS ZIPPY MEME THAT’S SPREADING LIKE WILDFIRE
ACROSS INDIA, CHINA AND JAPAN (as reported in the New York Times)?
THE DEFINITION IS SIMPLE ENOUGH, BUT THE RAMIFICATIONS LEAD YOU
DOWN A PLANETARY/PERSONAL PATH THAT IS GLORIOUSLY ENDLESS  

DEFINITION
TecnoPerson + Hippy = ZIPPY
harmonised hemispheres are healthier

NEEDLESS TO SAY, DIFFERENT PEOPLE SEE THE HISTORY & FUTURE
OF THE ZIPPY IN THEIR OWN PERSONAL WAYS. HERE’S ONE…

The Flying Saucers Apprentice
(Or How I Was Outsourced By Fraser Clark And The Zippies
And Got Zip From The UFO)

by David Robert Lewis

"Your commands shall be obeyed," said the leader; and then, with a great deal of chattering and noise the Winged Monkeys flew away to the place where Dorothy and her friends were walking." L Frank Baum, Wizard of Oz.

IN THE aftermath of the Zippy Pronoia*Tour to US, Cubensis, aka John Bagby the magic mushroom-advocate and self-proclaimed communications director for the tour, began relating a wild story, in the absence of Fraser Clark the man "responsible for creating the zippies" and setting in motion the tour in the first place. In particular a tale about one fateful night in July 1994 at the Crash Palace on Divisadero Street in San Francisco that obviously signalled a break-up between various factions of the publicity tour vying for attention.
* The sneaking suspicion that others are conspiring behind your back to help you. And you them.

The legendary one night event called "Zen Inspired Performance Publishing" (ZIPP) achieved mythic status on his website. Cubensis, in his own words, says: "This event originally began as an idea of Mark Heley's (publisher of Clublife Magazine- SF). It was to be the launch of the Zippy Times USA, created in a live, interactive, creative environment. Unfortunately, this was the same week spokesman Fraser Clark split with the Zippy Pronoia Tour. Seeing as Fraser was the original editor of the UK Zippy Times, we thought it inappropriate to create a "Zippy Times".

Annoying for some, I was later considered the de facto "editor of the Zippy Times USA," and, to put this nut in a monkeyhouse - I was never party to, nor a part of that stylish ZIPP party -- neither the "Zen Inspired Performance Event" nor the much touted "Omega Rave".
>> actually The Paradigm Jumping Off The Grand Canyon Mega Rave, later called the World Unity Festival.

However I came to know Clark intimately, and followed him for much of the period subsequent to the split. This is a tale about youthful folly, and my own misadventure if you can call it that.

Briefly, ZIPP was not the only such event, in which performance, art and publishing became intertwined with zippiness and human destiny. What is significant here, however, is the fact that Fraser Clark, the "Columbus of Rave Culture" and the leading figurehead for the Zippies as far as the media were concerned, was also obviously "not completely there", the result of a "split" between two factions of "zippies" which was to impact on my life for years to come.

While this parallel universe was unfolding, and a lot of counter-cultural hocus-pocus was busy being organised in and around San Francisco, I burst upon the scene and left people wondering whether or not there was actually one tour or many. Undoubtedly there are bound to be several different versions of the same theme of Zen Inspired Pronoia or whatever, each with its own team of zippies, yippies and psychodippies.

One Pronoia tour itinerary I downloaded from the net is mysteriously dated "03-April-97" -- perhaps there was a repeat performance? As I write this monograph of sorts, there is precious little, in the way of fact - no way of knowing for sure whether or not anything actually happened during 1994. Could we all be victims of an elaborate hoax? I raised this issue with Jules Marshall and his response was to write a background piece, giving more substance to what had really been an over-hyped "confab".

As an obviously smarting retort from Wired suggested recently, "In May 1994 Wired Magazine had announced that a confab of techno-pagans at the Grand Canyon in August would spark a cultural wildfire that could change America forever. It was the next Woodstock, the inauguration of a millennial culture."

The same magazine then went on to dismiss Marshall's cover story as "one of the most heinous examples of a non-event accorded disproportionate attention. In fact there is some question as to whether the people involved were simply circulating a hoax, with the deliberate aid of Jules Marshall, its author."
>> we were certainly openly inviting reporters and journalists to “join the conspiracy”. which was? to get some positive, useful, radical and inspiring information past the owners and into their media organs.

Sarah Ferguson put it this way in High Times, Feb 1995. "A cynic might view the scene as a wilful media hoax. To Clark and his loopy posse of Zippies (or Zen Inspired Pagan Professionals) its yet another symptom of "pronoia" -- the sneaking suspicion that others are conspiring behind your back to help you."

Presumably, as one of the contributors to this hoax, how did I end up becoming party to an open conspiracy, a global intrigue or confab as Wired would have it? How did I end up typesetting the same "Zippy Times" that would probably have also been part of the "Zen Inspired Publishing" night sponsored by Mark Heley, and why had Clark decided to seek my help in renaming his publication "The Megatripolitan"? I don't claim to know all the answers, but what I presume to tell here is a semblance of the truth and at least my half of the story.
>> quite simply, the Megatripolitan was the name of the free newspaper we gave out at every Megatripolis event, including those in San Fran. and, of course, the club Megatripolis was named after my lifelong, unending mega sci-fi novel Megatripolis@Forever!, some tales of which are now available from http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/ebooks/index3.php

So o o… It’s mid-morning in October 1994. I'm living in an unfurnished room with my de facto girlfriend at the time, opposite the "projects" in the Lower Haight district of San Francisco. Fraser is on the telephone: “You see, David, there's this Crystal Ball which includes the whole of Human History, and we all dive into it, and the Megatripolitans spend most of their time travelling through History wondering why humanity took so long to get there..."

"Gosh, that sounds like incredible fun, come over!" I reply, "lets do it."

The "caramel maned" rapster arrives at my rented room in an unfurnished apartment and inexplicably insists on paying me for my rudimentary services. I don't pretend to kick up a fuss or strike a big movie deal, because I need what little money there is, even a fiver would do, besides the man is flashing a clipping from Newsweek which describes him fending off a couple of rangers in Arizona's Kaibab National Forest. The rangers offer him "a list of reasons why amplification and lighting equipment are prohibited on national forest land," and Newsweek describes the plot: "Behind the rangers’ backs, a white truck carrying two dozen speaker cabinets and 24 000 watts of power bumps its way up a closed seven-mile road -- sans headlights." Heady stuff.

With the polite “approval" of the establishment, Clark has committed some kind of an eco-crime and it all seems so normal, in spite of warnings that: "The confluence of subcultures gave the remote area the aura of a 21st century tribalism, a dash of Mad Max mixed with a Robert Bly retreat in the midst of a hippie love-in." I ignore the advice from my cute girlfriend, who tells me to "flee, before the hippies get to you."

And so I eventually extricate some kind of a commitment from Clark. "Not to worry," he says, “Zippies are not just hippies, 'I'll pay you too!" he promises. I tell my brown-eyed factotum: "They also have a lot of professional people helping out, you know, like Internet experts and sound engineers and this could lead to bigger things."

I would soon learn, to my detriment, the difference between making a sane career choice, joining a bunch of amateurs stumbling along on some kind of a peyote laden joy-ride, and real professionals hacking the system for all it was worth. In fact Jules Marshall seems to acknowledge this when he agreed with me: "to be honest... there was an element of hacking Wired," but obviously not enough. This was a "bone fide youth trend" and people wanted to get in on the action. Steering clear of these users who had wizened up to the wizard’s tactics would become a full-time obsession for Clark who, quite frankly, should have retreated back to Britain as soon as the press got wind of a looming legal battle over ownership of his club, Megatripolis, and the subculture he’d created behind it - Zippie.

However even the "fact" that Columbus had discovered rave culture, not "invented" it, would fall into question, like so many things that start off being solid and then disappear under a bunch of hocus pocus. More on the "Who Created Zippy” dispute, later.

For now, I was flat broke in a foreign country, and that's probably why I trusted Clark and why he saw me as his lap-top toting secretary, or so it seemed.
>> here david seriously underestimates himself. he was a genuine idealist and they weren’t exactly thick on the ground in late Punk California of that time.

in fact this is why i maintain we were 100% spot-on in our message to america which was: you are a dangerously sick society and Rave Culture is your last wonderful chance to peacefully evolve beyond it. but, with several hundred magnificent exceptions, the vast majority were smugly arrogant that america was the highest cultural flowering in history and were in no mood at all to take wisdom advice from a guy from a foreign country except MAYBE the UK  

apart from the Rainbow People, who were resisting the tecno revolution, most were into posing around in their latest gear and wondering why nothing was happening! we zippies, and am sure i speak for every one of them here, felt like we were moving at the speed of light compared to the americans, like we were coming from a different millennium! and we were! and all their smugness has been well kicked out of them now too bad hundreds of thousands of Iraqis had to be killed or injured to get them to see it  

maybe it’s time for the next tour. but somebody’s got to pay this time  
(continued in next UP!)
UP!

/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)
TEXT JOCKEY // TJ PHRASER (Fraser Clark) & THE MEDIA EVOLUTION
MIXING THE TRACTS LIVE ON THE KEYBOARD
@ A MEDIA-MEME RATE OF 160 IPP *
* Ideas Per Paragraph
TO SUBSCRIBE SOMEONE, WRITE I wanna get UP! TO fraser@parallel-youniversity.com
TO UNSUBSCRIBE, HIT REPLY WITH REMOVE IN THE SUBJECT BOX
/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)

Hello fraser!
Thank you for making me laugh first thing in the morning that’s a sight much rarer than you could ever imagine.
I’m a big fan of your regular reads!
Keep up the goss!
And big up your chest! You’re heavy!
Lilli, Pussy Lounge, UK
UP!

ONE BY ONE THE DINOS FALL
More Republicans Tied to Abramoff
3 more members of Congress have been linked to efforts by lobbyist Jack Abramoff
and a former General Services Administration official
to secure leases of government property for Abramoff's clients.
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/021106Z.shtml

up!

FRI FEB 17 Small World @ new venue
Due to a late application for a Temporary Entertainment Licence, Small World have had to change the venue for next Friday's Party. The 491 Gallery have come to their rescue, a long established community venue & a creative and beautiful space with a back garden and fire pit.
491 Gallery , 491 Grove Green Road, Leytonstone, London E11. (Leytonstone tube. Central line. Turn right 1 minute. N8 bus)
solarstage@btopenworld.com
up!

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS BECAUSE, AS THE IRAN DRUMBEAT BUILDS, IT IS (ALMOST) CERTAINLY THE EMPIRE’S FINAL BLUFF

Spring/Summer 2006 will see
a turning point in human historee!

DEAD MAN WALKING
The US And Israel Cannot Attack Iran
THE AMERICAN EMPIRE IS FINISHED
- One Way or the Other -

by Michael C. Ruppert

The reason so many Americans, on the left and right, are "sold" on the idea that American or Israeli air strikes against Iran will take place soon is simple. It is more frightening for them to ponder the prospect of an impotent America standing exposed and vulnerable in a world that largely - and for good reason - hates it.

Let’s face it, global economic meltdown, chaos and nuclear war are more scary than the evil that Americans have incrementally compromised themselves into endorsing. The uncertainty of a world no longer tethered to a US centre - even one that many verbally oppose - represents an intolerable leap into the Unknown. That leap, however, is a fait accompli.

The US bluffs onward with its sabre-rattling rhetoric, but the whole planet is calling that bluff. Foreign investment in Iran is increasing, not decreasing. The planet is throwing money into Iran.

Every day I receive 3 or 4 stories from diverse sources - marginal internet researchers and mainstream media outlets - stating why an attack on Iran is a good idea, or likely, or inevitable. I shall delineate the reasons why such an attack will not (and probably cannot) happen. This is, of course, with one remotely necessary caveat: that stupidity beyond belief has overtaken the US and Israel. I would rephrase that to also include suicidal tendencies beyond belief. I've been studying these kinds of operations for 30 years.

Any military attack on Iran of any kind will mean the end of the world as we know it. The same is true of a US-sponsored assassination attempt on Hugo Chavez or any other "regime change" or intervention anywhere. All such developments would be universally perceived as US-sanctioned in any case. There is much less reason to fear the US than there was 3 or 4 years ago. Near-toothless tigers with bad gums and fetid gingivitis breath do not inspire fear and awe. They invite attack. A pressure-cooker of pent-up global rage against the US awaits only a pinprick to make it blow.

The world has drawn a line in the sand around Iran.
China, Asia, Europe and even Britain cannot (and will not) do without Iranian oil and gas.
China alone, in 2004, signed $200 billion in long-term oil and gas deals with Iran.
Europe and the rest of Asia are in similar investment positions.
Japan cannot do without Iranian energy.
Malaysia cannot do without Iranian energy.
South Korea cannot do without Iranian energy.
Germany cannot do without Iranian energy.
France cannot do without Iranian energy.
India cannot do without Iranian energy.
And Great Britain especially cannot do without Iranian energy; especially since 4 months ago the UK became a net energy importer.

Britain has already ruled out military moves against Iran, and it will likely oppose US moves even for sanctions (a necessary precursor) in the UN Security Council.

The world has not forgotten the lies used by the US to justify its invasion of Iraq, nor has it somehow missed the fact that it is getting its Imperial ass kicked there. The world has not missed today's headlines that the US Army is stretched to the breaking point. "The Army?" you say. "But these are going to be air strikes!"

But any US or Israeli attack on Iran will give the Iraqi insurgency a combined dose of steroids and meth crystals that will spell utter defeat for the US in Iraq, and end the ultra-fragile SCIRI (pro-Iranian Shia)-centered coalition that is now on life support.

Those fuelling the "attack Iran" hype argue that "precision" air strikes would likely not involve US ground troops. They forget that, as the US has become bogged in the Iraqi quagmire next door, it has made extensive (if tenuous) bargains with Shia militias and the pro-Iranian SCIRI regime who would undoubtedly drop all support for a US-led peace in Iraq in the event of such an attack. An attack on Iran, even by Israel alone, would lead directly to a US defeat in Iraq. This would come at a time when US forces are stretched to the breaking point.

Iran has made it abundantly clear that the whole world will suffer oil shortages in the event of a US or Israeli attack. All Iran has to do is reduce exports, whereupon the rest of the world's powers will turn on the US in a minute. The recent lessons of Ukraine and Georgia demonstrate what sudden (and mild by comparison) energy shortages can do in a world where demand has likely already exceeded supply.

Iran is also in a position to close the Straits of Hormuz through which about half of the world's oil passes. It is known (or reported) to have Excocet, Silkworm and even the deadly Russian Sunburn missiles that would make the job easy.

Nor is oil the only weapon Iran can use to rally the whole world (including Europe) against the US. Iran's is a thriving economy, swollen with petrodollars. That money is being used to purchase European/Japanese/Korean-made autos, consumer goods, and high-cost technology. Iran is filled with technicians, managers and investments from all of the above countries. It was Russia that sold Iran the technology for much of its nuclear research, including the Bushehr nuclear reactor. Russia has also sold Iran surface to air missile systems. China has sold Iran all kinds of military hardware.

The Iranian military is orders of magnitude stronger and better equipped to retaliate throughout the region than was Iraq's. Iraqi insurgents have thoroughly beaten the US military outside the box, and the only people who don't seem to know this are American taxpayers.

Economic sanctions against Iran are even more toothless. Should the US try to weaken Iran through economic sanctions it would immediately threaten the economies of China, Europe, India and East Asia. That’s if the US could get the sanctions through the UN! If Iran has no money to spend then all those investments and technicians and factory reps have to go home.

On an almost daily basis, stories are hitting the mainstream that Iran is or isn't moving all of its foreign assets to Asia and out of British and European banks. The mixed messages alone are enough to roil the markets and that's exactly the object lesson Iran wants to drive home.

Sanctions And The UN

Don't hold your breath, Condi. They aren't going to happen. Any sanctions that might come out as a result of US pressure won't even make Iran blink. The best the US can hope for is maybe travel restrictions on Iranian leaders (yawn). And if that's all the US gets after taking the matter to the UN, the US will appear even weaker.

The permanent members of the UN Security Council include Britain, France, China and Russia. All have one-vote, unilateral veto power. Other current Security Council members include Japan, who will certainly oppose anything that might slow down Iran's purchases of their products. These nations can read the writing on the wall. The US consumption binge is ending on a note of severe indigestion and flatulence. The US economy is crumbling and the signs are clear that Joe America is waking up to the fact that he's already in way over his head.

It's The Bourse, Of Course!

The reason Iran is under such pressure from the Empire is simple: The oil bourse scheduled to open in Iran in March will trade in Euros instead of Dollars. The entire world (including Japan, China, Russia, India, Latin America and Europe) is eager for this bourse to open. For it is there that they will free themselves from the indirect taxation that has been imposed upon them by the US dollar since the Bretton Woods agreement was ratified after World War II. Oil, gold and the dollar are in heavy, heavy play right now. It is impossible for all three to rise in value at the same time. The odds are heavily against the dollar.*

This threat to dollar hegemony was a major reason for the removal of Saddam Hussein. He started trading Iraqi oil for Euros in 1999. Though he wasn't taken seriously at first, by 2000 he was attracting enough international business to scare the bejesus out of Imperial Washington.

The only problem is that the Empire has suffered a case of premature ejaculation. It spent all of its resources in Iraq: economic, political, moral, and military. "They're gone and there ain't no more." Iran can now stand, looking across the bridge which it controls, and give the US the raspberry. Like the rest of the world, Iran understands that the US cannot cross that bridge without risking losing the war. Any futile attempt by the US and Israel to attack Iran would be the single largest "nuclear moment" since 1945, surpassing the Cuban Missile Crisis of 1962.

The world understands this calculus and is betting - whether they admit it or not - on Iran. The one ace up the Empire's sleeve, PROMIS software and other advanced hacking programs, could be used to sabotage the bourse's operations. But then that would be like the US leaving a calling card saying "We did it." The world knows what the US is capable of in terms of "data mining."

As for Israel, an air attack on Iran would almost certainly result in an uncontrollable chain reaction throughout the Muslim world. Beyond all reason, the state of Israel would be suddenly surrounded on all sides with never-before-seen levels of animosity.

The spring and summer of 2006 are going to be a turning point in human history. Those who hope the US will attack Iran may be supporting, not a turning point in history, but rather History's End.
www.fromthewilderness.com
UP!

george galloway in the big brother house //FEEDBACK
i hope nobody’s falling for the middle class spin against the working class finally taking over the cultural controls. they call it dumbing down i call it dumbing up! of course there's loadsa shit while the masses, whom ‘we’ have kept stupid all these years, catch up to where the midclass/aristos had gotten to (not THAT far).

This one really makes steam come out of the old lugholes.

As a kid I lived in Peterlee Co Durham where education was seen as the only way to avoid going down the mines. The housing estate I lived on was truly working class, and I have never felt myself to be any different or any better. I have also never been pushed as hard to achieve as I was at school in Peterlee. My father, a lifelong socialist, lost his job teaching farmhands when I was just 2, and was at Durham university. Later, after he’d graduated as a town-planner, we moved to the south-east (Medway towns), where he became head of the local planning dept. I attained a place at the local grammar school, and we became middle class. What a load of complete and utter horseshit. My grandad was still a carpenter and I am still proud of that because, to my mind and as an enthusiastic amateur who is fairly knowledgeable about furniture having studied it at art school, there is no more honourable profession than carpentry.

I went to a really posh private art-school in Kensington (on a grant) with several friends of Lady Di. I always wore paint-splattered levis and air-wairs to art school. If asked my profession, I always replied 'painter', and due to the (fake) accent and air-wairs, to the average Kensington git that meant house-painter. What fun.

One of the best things about living in Italy is that it's a REPUBLIC. And it is pretty much a classless society. Now, if there's one thing I really don't miss...

The only time I was truly embarrassed by the Brits was not due to football hooligans - got plenty of the home-grown variety here - it was in Sardinia and there were some of the 'see you at Lloyds on Monday, Charles' type oiks. The ones that stomp round as if they owned the place, talk too loudly.... you've met them I'm sure. What keeps their heads from imploding will remain a mystery.

This 'class' horseshit has to be the single biggest obstacle to the Brits getting along with the Europeans, the Americans, the Aussies.... everybody basically.
Jerry, Italy.
UP!

A FREE Favour for Breast Cancer

The Breast Cancer site needs more people to click on their site daily to meet their quota of donating at least one free mammogram a day to an underprivileged woman. It takes less than a minute to go there and click on "donating a mammogram" for free (pink window in the middle). It don’t cost you nuttin. Their corporate sponsors/advertisers use the number of daily visits to donate a mammogram in exchange for advertising.
JUST CLICK HERE:
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/
UP!

megatripolis corner

GrooupMind Collective Intelligence

Nova Spivack has proposed a "collective self-awareness" web service that is "like a 'Google Zeitgeist' on steroids, but with a lot more real-time, interactive, participatory data, technology and features in it. The goal is to measure and visualise the state of the collective mind of humanity, and provide it back to humanity itself”.
[Minding The Planet January 24, 2006]
up!

The Wondrous Transformation
Of Victor The Don’t Know
Into Caleb The Dancer

“Seriously, Victor, lighten up. You have no choice anyway, you can’t help being your Nature. But you have to let go to find out.”

(God, these Megatrippers do go on, I was thinking to myself.) Any excuse could set Starhunter (my personal timedance trainer) into this rap of his.

“I mean, it was only when we were teetering on the edge of the Precipice that the Gods finally arrived. I’m sure you can imagine some of the problems. We had generations of negative, competitive, egoistical paranoid conditioning. We couldn’t have done it without the Gods, but they’d never have appeared if we hadn’t opted to use out free will in the first place. Oh, I guess I’ll be telling this story the rest of my days.”

“You’re right there at least, Starhinter.”

He smiled, but he was definitely revving up to take off again, fiddling with his dials as he raved, which meant he was about to timedance off to another timezone, or somebody was arriving from another time zone. Anyway, he’s more or less admitted the whole event could have been some kind of mass hypnosis, this appearance of the Gods I mean.

Well, I must be honest, he said it could have been some kind of mass superconscious projection. But it boils down to the same thing - or up. As my pet Megatripolitan remarked last night: “Why do you always have to boil things down, Vickie? Why not up? It takes a massive tree, you know, to make anything as concentrated as a little acorn.

“Oh, man it was so fucking beautiful. The fucking Gods!! Can you imagine?!” Off on one, he was definitely off on one. “Just so unbelievably beautiful. Beyond words.”

“Try a little harder. How about amazing?”

“Oh, the things you people have ahead of you?! The sky will just open and there They’ll all be! Sixty four Gods as it turned out, it was caught by some computer. Sixty four shimmering beings, each one bigger than the entire observed universe, only like a yillion light years away on a stage in space beyond our furthest telescopes, sort of through a dimension nobody had noticed before, like beyond the speed of light what would that be like? I can’t get it in words. Some crack in the ether - “

“Good, good.”

“You know? And listen, Victor, these radiant beings?! They’re like trying to pose for us, at the front of the Stage? Like for the Family Album? But they’re all so drunk or whatever, and fooling about, and giggling, like it’s time to Get It Together for the Nukes and get down to business but they can’t take it seriously, yet they sort of understand they should because there’s a whole plane of existence down there on the verge of annihilating itself or something.

“And the Old Man keeps trying to get them all into a line for what he keeps calling “The Demonstration,” ‘for the Ants’ as he keeps calling us in a voice that booms across the nineteen Major Galaxy Levels and all the uncharted zones into the ears of the eighteen trillion Nukes where they stand, startled into immobility! And He keeps getting his balls tickled by Minerva the Doggess and cracking up, and it’s starting to look like the Heavenly Host just might blow this their first Public Appearance, Historical Entry, whatever, when this gorgeous young goddess detaches Herself from the besotted Crew and steps, you know, like a few light years forward to front of Stage, which just about blinds everyone, I mean like rainbows exploding in your brain and every neutron orgasming, and I think quite a few people did blow their circuits that day because they were never the same afterwards, you know, and then She starts talking, or actually it was more like singing.

“Whew, I can’t possibly begin to tell you what She said - “

“Sure you can, Stirhunter, it was like having every dream you ever had -”

“Simultaneously! Right! That’s the only way to describe it.” They just don’t understand irony. “Yet through it all I clearly remember her saying her name was Lucinda Diamond Sutra Sky Goddess, Ambassador for Terra Firma - but we should just call her Lucy Sky Goddess, and that this gig had been Her idea, that She’d talked the others into it, particularly “Big Bossy” (the Old Man), and that SHe still considered she’d been right. SHe was on our side. She was determined to help us Nukes no matter what. In fact SHe swore by “My own Maker”, who had made the Old Man, whom SHe points back at in the background going down on a trio of Sylphs, SHe swore SHe would help us save ourselves, for even Her world depended on what happened to us, though the connections were usually unclear and hardly any of Her family agreed with her about this.

“Then SHe reaches into Her cloak, so to speak, these banks of clouds you know, and SHe pulls out this ‘Thing’ which is, like, everything beautiful concentrated, and SHe calls it her Nectar Chip which She’s going to give to us Nukes, only we’re not to tell “Him Upstairs” because He’s not sure us unconscious beings can handle it.

“Victor, I swear to you, SHe’s booming this across the gigantic black, star studded firmament of the whole of Existence - it turned out the Computers all recorded the sound level at max - yet the rest of the Merrymaking Host don’t hear a word. They’re all shagging like rabbits, anyway, paying no attention to… History. Our history!

“Then, oh and then! then SHe throws down this ‘Thing’, and we all watch it spinning and glittering, falling through the skies, down and down, through all the dimensions, down and down like oh the ultimate meteor or something, and then Caleb the Dancer catches it... it just lands in his hands!… and… then…”

“... Go on, Star. What happened then? Surely all the atheists were totally convinced, right? Everybody’s lives were totally changed, right? Surely it couldn’t not have been!”

“It was... it was… like… like we all suddenly fell asleep again.”

“Or woke up maybe?”

“No! It definitely wasn’t waking up! That was what it was when we were SEEING Her! Now it was like Everything closed down again! I can still see Caleb catch the shiny thing in his left hand (his Left hand!) and... then the scene faded. It was all over… And I just forgot the whole experience completely. Everybody did. Instantly.”

“But how’s it possible? The most Important Event in the history of the Human Race, by a long way, and you all just forgot it!?!”

“I know! I know! Maybe it was just too much to bear, as the Old Man says. But even after I’d forgotten it, I still kind of retained it at the back of my mind. And when I found it again it was like I’d known it all along. You know? Like every deep realisation is always more like a veil falling away than that something new appears, you know? And of course now I’ve re-visited that scene at least a thousand times. That’s how I know that Caleb the Dancer was ‘just’ an ‘ordinary little guy’ before he caught the… ‘Nectar Chip Thing.’”

“Like me, you mean?” I say.
[ends]

Extracted from megatripolis@forever,
the timedancing future history enovella
from Fraser Clark.
http://www.oneworldnet.co.uk/ebooks/index3.php

'Clark has tried to draft an ideology on to the British subculture.
I see him doing something really unexpected.' Matthew Collin, editor i-D magazine, 1996.

up

AMANDA Could Yield Evidences of String Theory

Researchers at Northeastern University and the University of California, Irvine, say that scientists might soon have evidence for extra dimensions and other exotic predictions of string theory.
Early results from a neutrino detector at the South Pole, called AMANDA, show that ghostlike particles from space could serve as probes to a world beyond.
[PhysOrg.com January 26, 2006]
up

The day will come when, after harnessing the winds, the tides and gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of Love. And on that day, man will have discovered fire for the second time in his history” Teilhard de Chardin
UP

(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\oo/)(\o
the UP! is a global edutainment round-up, broadcast weekly to =[13,786]=
Alternative// Activist// Zippy// Trance// New Age// Peace folks
recommended to the Parallel YOUniversity// Megatripolis Dance Dept as
"showing signs of life".
Since recipients forward it widely to their own lists & sites,
we conservatively estimate 50,000+ direct recipients.
A further 40,000 read it on the YOUniversity's site.
And, because of its 'mix' of 'specialist' & 'general' content,
it's increasingly being posted on a variety of sites worldwide,
making an estimated total weekly readership of =[275,000]=
(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\oo/)(\/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)\(o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\o/)(\oo/)(\o

Was Hitler a British Agent?

by Henry Makow Ph.D

Adolph Hitler was in England in 1912-1913, a fact supported by his sister-in-law's book: "The Memoirs of Bridget Hitler"(1979). Historians apparently have ignored this startling information.

Greg Hallett's provocative book "Hitler Was A British Agent" claims Hitler spent February to November 1912 being brainwashed and trained at the British Military Psych-Ops War School at Tavistock in Devon and in Ireland. His sister-in-law describes him as completely wasted when he came to them immediately afterward.

Hallett's claim would clarify many improbable events in the Second World War. For example, why did Hitler let 335,000 Allied soldiers escape at Dunkirk? This quixotic gesture was explained as a peace overture, but surely England would have been more attentive if its army were in Nazi POW camps.

Then, in the summer of 1940, when the Nazis controlled Europe, and Britain was destitute, Nazi Military Intelligence Chief (Abwehr) Admiral Wilhelm Canaris told Romanian Foreign Minister Michael Sturdza to stay neutral because England would win the war. He also gave this message to Spanish dictator Franco.

Hallett's theory also explains why Hitler, supposedly the arch enemy of Jewish bankers, acted like he didn't know the Rothschilds controlled England (and America) when this was practically common knowledge. If Hitler had been for real, he wouldn't have tried to accommodate these countries. England would have been invaded and conquered before Russia was attacked.
>> i often marvel at this fact: the Rothschilds were quite possibly the most famous and certainly the wealthiest people on the planet before the war. they lived in french palaces. since the war the western economies have MASSIVELY grown and yet the Rothschilds have almost completely disappeared from the news. can u imagine how many BILLIONS u have to spend to stay OUT of the news?! or you have to own the banks who own the media.

Hallett's hypothesis explains
1) Why the Nazis never figured out that their communications were compromised!
2) Why Hitler gave his ridiculous racial policies priority over actually winning the war. He could have enlisted millions of Slavs (and even many Jews) in overcoming Communist Russia. Instead, he made them implacable enemies willing to fight to the death.
3) Why Hitler was able to expand into the Rhineland etc. without fear of retaliation.
4) Why the Nazi war machine was financed and built by the Bank of England and a Who's Who of Anglo American corporations (all controlled by the Illuminati, as Hallett says)
5) Why Hitler never sealed the Mediterranean at Gibraltar; and why the Spanish dictator Franco remained neutral, despite the huge debt he owed the Fascists for help during the Civil War.
6) Why I.G. Farben headquarters in Frankfurt was never bombed. This became CIA headquarters.

We could question why Hitler didn't conquer the oil fields of Russia and the Middle East when he had the chance etc. but you get the picture. The fix was in.

Who Was Hitler?

The biggest improbability of all is that an Austrian tramp, street cleaner and gay prostitute could become the Chancellor of Germany. Hitler joins a long list of obscure blackmailable figures who have been catapulted to world prominence with the aid of an unseen hand.

Hallett writes that Hitler's grandfather was Nathan Meyer Rothschild. Maria Schickelgruber, Hitler's grandmother, was a maid in the Rothschild's Vienna mansion when his father, Alois, was conceived "in fear" in a satanic ritual rape. The Rothschilds could only marry within their extended family so they had illegitimate children who functioned as anonymous agents.

(Apparently this is a pattern with the Illuminati. Bill Clinton is rumoured to be one such.)

His grandmother received child support from a Jewish businessman who was probably an intermediary.

Rothschild's son Alois Hitler's 3rd marriage was to his niece, Klara, who became Hitler's mother. His father was overbearing and his mother over- compensating. Hitler became destitute at age 18 when his mother died, and he lived in a men's hostel that was a honey pot for homosexuals.

In 1912, Hitler traveled to England for training as an Illuminati agent. This "training" ranged from imbibing a sense of Germany's destiny to learning how to mesmerise audiences.

It also included trauma brainwashing. The "alter's" consciousness is shattered by witnessing savage atrocities and suffering sexual abuse, all of which is filmed. Then the various fragments of consciousness are programmed and can be accessed with special code words.

Hitler returned to Germany in May 1913 and enlisted in the German army. During World War One, he served as a runner and was captured twice by the English. On both occasions, he was spared execution by an "angel" in British intelligence.

According to Hallett, Hitler was a bisexual who enjoyed having women defecate and urinate on him. He also had undersized genitals and only one testicle. (Many women whom he courted committed suicide. The love of his life was his 17-year-old half-niece Geli whom he murdered in 1931 when she became pregnant by his chauffeur.)

The Implications

History is unfolding according to a long-term plan drawn up by the Illuminati. Wars are plotted decades in advance and orchestrated to achieve the following goals: destruction of nations and natural elites, depopulation, degradation, power and profit. You can bet the next World War will fit this pattern.

Essentially a small satanic cult of the superrich preys on mankind. Put yourself in their shoes. The nations of the world owe you trillions based on money you printed for the cost of paper and ink. The only way you can protect this "investment" is to enslave the debtors through a disguised world dictatorship, using sophisticated methods of social and mind control. This is the true meaning of the War on Terror. It's not directed at "Muslim terrorists." It is directed at you and me.
>> but the only wide network prepared to physically resist is actually the muslims.

According to Hallet, Joseph Stalin was another Illuminati "agent of war" who attended the Tavistock Psyche Ops training school in 1907. Clifford Shack has suggested that Stalin was also an illegitimate offspring of a Rothschild.

Hallett says Hitler's death was faked (a double was killed) and Hitler escaped to Barcelona where he lived until 1950, when he died of stomach cancer.

Greg Hallett is a maverick and his rambling book is full of repetition and digressions. I wouldn't swear by any of his claims as yet. But he deserves our thanks for presenting an alternative view of history that, while far- fetched, is more plausible than the Official Story.

World War Two achieved all of the Illuminati's goals. Europe and particularly Germany was turned into a wasteland. So was Japan. Sixty million people were slaughtered. The Holocaust motivated Jews to establish the Rothschild's world government headquarters in Israel. Idealists and natural leaders on both sides were slaughtered. The nations were laden with debt and the bankers' vaults filled with gold. The United Nations rose like a phoenix from the ashes. Hiroshima cast a pall of terror over the world.

The scene was set for the next act... the Cold War!
http://www.savethemales.ca/
up!

The Zippy Metaphysics of Megatripolis

The following is from an interview with Dan Mapes (one of the most brilliant and inspiring people we hooked up with on the Zippy Pronoia Tour. This was originally broadcast on Channel 4’s dprogram, an award winning, mind expanding trip featuring rare and exclusive interviews with leading edge personalities from areas like cyber culture, consciousness research, parapsychology, music and art.

"We don't have to have this dialogue any more between religion and science, this split. In fact, back in the rain forest we never had that split. We're about, I think, to enter a new age, where we don't have it again. [Megatripolis] Now I want to make it clear that I don't think it was a mistake to have that split. I think it was a good thing to have that split. It created a very interesting cosmological dialogue.
>> it was a Big Mistake let’s NEVER make it again!

But now, just as Picasso finished his blue period, we are finishing that dichotomy, and wanting to experience a moment of real bliss where we re-integrate the Whole again, and we dance the dance of scientific religion or religious science or metaphysical physics, I don't know, you can give it any name you like. . . . [Megatripolis]

Right now we've been exploring things together as beings, conscious beings, we've been putting together consciousness in a way that we call reality. And this is a piece of art - exactly like Picasso's blue period is. It has with it motorcars and airplanes and science and religion and sex and babies and the whole deal! It’s completely arbitrary by the way, just like the blue period was, and we're about to take the whole damned thing apart, right now, in front of your very eyes, probably over the next 30-50 years and do something completely new.

It's an extraordinary moment because generally, when you're in the middle of the era, the hypnosis is extremely strong but, when you're nearing the end of an era, everybody starts to wake up and say "Oh this was in fact an era, it was a period of exploring consciousness in this particular way". And we're just about done, so guess what we're going to do at the end of the era, we're going to have a big party! . . .

When human societies are taking part in these large movements which we might call an age or an epoch, as that epoch is near its end they begin introducing elements that they'll explore in the next epoch. So what do we see as we enter the last hundred years of this thousand year cycle? Well, we see explorations of atomic physics, explorations of space travel, of genetic medicine, of new kinds of psychedelic consciousness. We see new explorations of new kinds of virtual realities. We call them virtual 'realities', new realities. . . .

We are becoming Gods. This happens because we're actually creating a new level of consciousness. So the characters responsible for bringing this new consciousness to life realise their own godliness - of course they were Gods all along, because we are all from divine and we return to divine, well guess what that makes us? Divine! But when you actually are making a new reality like a virtual reality or creating a new universe, or whatever, its so obvious, even in the hypnotic state, that this is a godly act, that people get a sense of "Oh my goodness." By doing this we are becoming divine. Well, the characters that we are bringing to life in the virtual worlds - the artificially intelligent life forms that we're bringing to life - they don't think of themselves as godly, they'll look to us as Gods the way we look to the beings that brought us to life.
>> yo, dan! you’ve hit the single biggest misunderstanding going today! when i was a teenager in the 1950s there was absolutely nothing that mankind knew that pointed towards some Higher Intelligence behind it all, and so i still think i was right to become an atheist. but the world has changed so hugely. if i was a teenager today i’d look at the “artificially intelligent life forms that we're bringing to life” and i’d instantly grok that, of course, since we are (relative) Higher Intelligences beginning to create whole worlds for beings to dwell in, the Most Obvious, Virtually Undeniable assumption must be that we ourselves were created by one or several or a species of Higher Intelligences who created us for a reason and are watching our progress with great interest  

And this is the 'Great Chain of Being' and its a wonderful, beautiful tradition.

… We, as humans, are waking up on a large scale, for the first time in history. Individual humans have always been aware of this, one in a hundred years maybe, and we've always called them enlightened sages, or saints or whatever. But now, as we end the era, a large number of people are coming to those insights, now thousands are touching it and starting to wake up to it. . . .

Technoshamanism is a really delightful term because it grounds technology into the most delightful practice in which any human being can take part - Shamanism. We still have traditional Shamans alive on the planet - absolutely wonderful creatures, and maybe the most valuable resource alive on the planet today. Maybe even more valuable than the plants in the rain forest, but they're just living embodiments of pure consciousness flow. And if you get near them, and you take part of their assembling, you will live extraordinary experiences which turn out to be a natural state of consciousness for every living human being, but very few ever get to touch it as Shamans are still wild, rare, strange creatures at this moment in time. . . .

Technoshamanism says we honour that heritage. We come from that. That is the most valuable way of experiencing reality. And we are going to dance the Shamanistic dance in a new moment in time, in a new place with new toys. But it's actually got its roots in the Shaman’s original dance. Now we're just going to take these new toys that we've created, these new inventions that we made, under hypnosis, cameras, guns, airplanes, computers and we're going to grind them up with our new Shaman's pestle into an interesting mix and we're going to drink that brew and we're going to dance the technology dance - with the full Shamanic mind. . .

So Technoshamanism to me means, here we are in this moment in time and Shamans who are alive today and being born at this time are forced to be Technoshamanism just because technology to us is what the rain forest was to a Shaman in that time. These are the plants, these are the leaves, these are the jungle animals but now they're missiles and computers, now they're virtual reality worlds, now they're psychedelic music videos, now they're all-night DJ driven events with tremendous pumping sound. This is the jungle we're living in right now, and a Shaman uses the tools and the parts of his or her environment to share that kind of insight with their fellow beings."
Dan Mapes.
http://www.dprogram.com/dan_mapesp1.html
>> when i created the term ‘Technoshamanism’ i meant the DJ, but i was wrong. it took me a decade of putting on different gigs and events to realise that the DJ is simply one of the group of differently skilled members of the true shaman’s collective. yes, it’s the promoter who’s the Shaman, and he has to assemble, inspire and oversee, first all the technicians including the DJ, and then the assembled crowd as well.
UP!

UP! EMAIL OF THE WEEK

Dear Fraser,
Of all the discussions, information and resources that have passed through the up!, the one I have found most timely, accurate and helpful has been Mike Ruppert's From the Wilderness (www.fromthewilderness.com), to which I now subscribe. It puts all the pieces together in the most likely "map". With impeccable sourcing of references, it describes in a brilliant overarching thesis the neocon dinosaurs' manipulation of the financial markets via drug money, the CIA and Wall Street, the construction of 9/11 to legitimise the seizing of the Middle East oil, and the coming Peak Oil and Gas scenario which will lead to a purposeful 'pumping' (now) and 'dumping' (very soon) of the world economy. One very Enormous Enron, affecting the stock market, property prices and fiat paper currencies all at once.
>> Carlisle, i’d guess, the sooper company of ex leaders which blair is rumoured to be getting a share in when he retires.

All From the Wilderness leaves relatively undeveloped are the personal, physical and spiritual elements, which are my speciality as a yogi educator, and of course they are only important if you survive!
>> well am much more optimistic than you, Will   those qualities are more and more important here on the front lines.

I've just sold my London property, closed my yoga school and am moving to either the Pacific Northwest of the States or New Zealand where I was born, to live in a rural self-sustaining community to anticipate the coming Carbon Collapse.
>> i’ve personally been PRAYING for the Carbon Crunch since as long as i remember and b4 i even knew it was guaranteed to come  

I won a Green card in the US visa diversity lottery in 2002, but have been hesitating moving there for some strange reason(s)!!!
>> !! indeed!!

I am buying gold with my released equity and should have a sizeable amount with which to buy some rural land when it starts to double or triple during the next 2-5 years as the reality sets in.

Obviously those ahead of the game need to be encouraging one another to get out of the city and start supporting one another and the planet in ways that make sense. (Ownership of rural land with fuel and water supplies, arable land, financial independence - NO mortgages - and not supporting the "Tapeworm Economy" through conventional banks, but instead entirely supporting one's local community, not corporate entities.

I've also found www.solari.com very helpful, and www.oilempire.us. Do you know them?
>> no, am today simply Hesse’s boatman  

And www.tribe.net is a great West Coast/Burning Man-based networking site. but it’s like BURNING man itself (I've been twice now) and naturally Amerika generally - it suffers from an incredible lack of political awareness and any major consideration or education around Peak OIL. The massive spike in human population has been literally fuelled by coal, oil and gas over the past 100 years and we are heading for a series of big shocks as we find that support disappear for much of the world's population.

Many thanks for helping me to reassign the priorities in the second half of my life, and take decisive action.

I hope to stay in touch.
>> by solar powered satellite modem the satellites won’t fall from the sky the day our so-called civ collapses.

Many thanks once again.
Viryam (William Robertson), Director. West London Yogashala.
www.yogashala.co.uk
up!

Demand An Altered State!

by Jeff Wells

Dr Albert Hoffman, the "father of LSD," but perhaps better described as its midwife, turned 100 in January. Like so many other things we trip over this fraught century, lysergic acid diethylamide first appeared in Nazi-dominated Europe, and first through dreams and intuition.

Hoffman was looking for compounds that induced muscle contraction. After synthesizing LSD and testing it on animals to no useful effect Hoffman's research moved on.
>> sasha shulgin tells a great story about his very first synthesis. in order to get state funding/licence he was obliged to use animals (yes, it’s true!) so he opted for fish in an aquarium. he duly administered the particular psychedelic to the fish who started swimming upside down! but what did that MEAN?! were they happy? confused? seeing God? seeing the world upside down? he refused to ever use animals again!

But strangely, he began to dream repeatedly about its molecular structure, and was gripped by a "peculiar presentiment" that compelled him, 5 years later, to resynthesise the compound.
>> i’ve described the hippy theory that, during the 5 years, the atomic bomb had been exploded and the planet brain potentised LSD 25 to retain Balance. it’s my guess that whichever of the LSD variants he’d chosen would have worked! what creates the dream after all? our wee psyche?

The German chemist Friedrich Kekule dreamt of a snake with its tail in its mouth, and understood that the molecular structure of benzene was a closed carbon ring. The French mathematician Jules-Henri Poincaré, during a sleepless night, saw mathematical symbols colliding until they coalesced into equations.

These intuitive levels of insight, whether scientific or artistic, function like the prophetic dreams of shamans.... Hoffman's discovery of LSD was that kind of insight - a flash from a deeper order of the self or, perhaps, from outside the self entirely.
>> as i was just saying…

How did the Amazonian shamans come to discover the complex psychoactive compound of ayahuasca? They say the plants taught them in dreams.
>> and/or they could ‘see’ the power swirling round the plant. like animals can often do.
up!

i've heard mike mclure read that poem. he is old.
kudos
phillip levine, miami, US..
>> far out. u don't happen to have a copy do u?
up!

This will happen to you one day
SO PAY ATTENTION

I was barely sitting down when I heard a voice from the other stall saying in a quiet, breathy voice: "Hi, how are you?"
Not being the type to start a conversation in the toilet, I don't know what got into me but I answered, somewhat embarrassed: "Fine. Doin' just fine!"
And the other person says: "So what are you up to?"
What kind of toilet question is that? At which point I'm thinking this is toooo bizarre. So I say: "Uhhh, I'm like you, just traveling!"
I’m trying to get done as fast as I can, I assure you, when another question floats over the thin wall between us: "… Can I come over?"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ok, this is going just a bit too far, even for me, but I figured I could just be polite and end the conversation. So I tell them "NO........ I'm, ah, busy right now!!!"
Then I hear the person say nervously... "Listen, I'll have to phone you back, there's an idiot in the next stall keeps answering all my questions.”
UP!

a l l g o o d t h i n g s c o m e t o a n e n d
which don't justify nuttin'

U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U U UP P P P P P P P P P P P P P P
YOUR PLANET NEEDS //YOU!This HipList grows purely by recommendation.
SO RECOMMEND SOMEONE 2DAY!!!!!!!!!!
TO DEBATE ANYTHING in the UP!, visit the GroupMind Debating Board on
WWW.PARALLEL-YOUNIVERSITY.COM

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             15-Feb-06  @  08:41 AM   -   RE: parallel universe stuff - Feb 2006

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

i made that free mamogram thing a second homepage so it reminds me to do it daily..

greg

Message 3/3             15-Feb-06  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: parallel universe stuff - Feb 2006

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, we should add a permenant link on the frontpage

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)