aaa the t.bone_SCT800 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

23-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: the t.bone_SCT800

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             07-Mar-06  @  04:13 PM   -   the t.bone_SCT800      [Link: the t.bone - SCT800]

elive2

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Has anyone had any experience using the t.bone SCT800 or SCT2000 on Tenor,Alto or Soprano Saxes?
The Soprano is more complicated (2mic setup preferred), therefore between the sct800 & sct2000 which mic is best used on the upper half of the Soprano sax, also any suggestions for a 2nd condenser mic on the bell?

Thanks for any help.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-Mar-06  @  11:49 AM   -   RE: the t.bone_SCT800

k

Link?:  Link

never used the 800 on sax, but i'm not sure 2 mic's is the way to go. Why 2?

the sct2000 goes to a higher freq (20k), the sct800 tails off at around 16k I beleive without checking the chart. Also the 2000 has variable pickup fields (omni, figure-8, etc) - perhaps the 2000 would be better for getting any extra breathy top end artefacts is all I can think (if it'd make any real difference), but depends what the sax is mixed 'into'... add it into busy backing music?... then you'll loose any extra subtle upper freq detail in the mix anyways even if it was patcularly noticeable in isolation.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             09-Mar-06  @  05:21 PM     Edit: 09-Mar-06  |  05:30 PM   -   RE: the t.bone_SCT800

E-Live Productions

Link?: Link

Thanks for the reply K.
I meant two mics on the soprano sax not the tenor or alto, (one over the mid/upper keys and a
small condenser placed at the bell). I would like to try either the sct 2000 or 800 as the main mic,
after I find out if I can get it shipped to the u.s.a and the price. Looks great from pics.

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)