aaa Arresting people in bars for being drunk - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             25-Mar-06  @  05:21 PM     Edit: 25-Mar-06  |  05:32 PM   -   Arresting people in bars for being drunk

cheddar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

From the people who bring you the Texas Project

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             25-Mar-06  @  06:30 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

"huh huh... cool. and then we will medicate the whole nation into liking me"

Message 3/36             25-Mar-06  @  08:55 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Influx

how sick and sad can things get?

and what about those who truly need some help?

I didnt see the arresting people in bars thing...did I miss something?

I finally realized that this was all bullshit when I went for a physical a few years back and left with a "sample" of an SSRI

from a GP.

bullshit

Message 4/36             26-Mar-06  @  10:13 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

Link?:  Link

same over here innit.... about 1/3rd of the british population are on anti's innit... ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/36             26-Mar-06  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Maarten

The way they throw the word Freedom into things makes me think Swastika.

Message 6/36             26-Mar-06  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

aye

Message 7/36             26-Mar-06  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

cheddar

Actually I was reading some article about how mothering is against the current western culture and so on one hand you have politicos saying "Family values" while in commerce land its "me me me and feck u"

If the purpose of spin is to move what they are trying to do make seem another way I now think that it has moved full cirlce and it is to make seem what they are doing is the opposite of the spin so that the terminology of spin is... exactly the opposite of what is happening.

Think about it - if they say this and do exactly the opposite what does this mean about stated christianity and the actual functions of freedom and democracy

Keep paying for those camps

Message 8/36             26-Mar-06  @  06:26 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Influx

damn, k! 1/3?

I dont know the numbers here.

no ones bothering to try and find out WHY these people feel so distraught and depressed. Just "fix" them.

its truly hopeless, I think.

anyone know a "good" country to live in that has good snow and hot, artistic, intellectual, fit women?

Message 9/36             26-Mar-06  @  07:28 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

*scratches head*

sweden?

i mean, i'd offer austria, but forget about "hot" and "artistic"... all ugly mingers here!

Message 10/36             26-Mar-06  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

well i'm exaggerating of course but it is frighteningly high... and if you add to that all the old people drugged up in homes so they sit compliently in a chair or lie on a bed all day and cause no bother... then add to that all those drugged up who are sectioned in mental institutions or prisons... then add to that all the schoolkids who are on drugs to control their bheaviour... man it's ALOT!

but hey... who contributes to political parties alot?.. drug companies and oil companies... i guess that's why we persue 'drug-fix' medical systems rather than preventative systems

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 11/36             27-Mar-06  @  02:06 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

sox

anyone know a "good" country to live in that has good snow and hot, artistic, intellectual, fit women?

Yeah....

Canada

sox

Message 12/36             27-Mar-06  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

yeah i'd second that.... good snow anyways at least... the other i dunno

Message 13/36             28-Mar-06  @  06:17 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

psylichon

Montreal had some very attractive women who looked much smarter than me when I visited.

Message 14/36             28-Mar-06  @  09:32 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

beds

wouldn't take much would it

Message 15/36             28-Mar-06  @  11:01 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

touche!

Message 16/36             28-Mar-06  @  07:39 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Influx

anything east of alberta isnt "good" snow really.

heck...I should just move to Banff

oh wait...Canada's answer to Aspen. I'll pass

maybe Red Mountain. Or Revelstoke. There's a good hill a bit north of there I think...

I keep getting into arguments with people that think everything is FINE, that what is going on is GOOD ("stay the course!")

a couple people even called GWB a fucking HERO. I almost lost it.

Message 17/36             28-Mar-06  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

arent you allowed to bear arms just for such opportunities?

Message 18/36             29-Mar-06  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

pict

Link?:  No link

You must take only state sanctioned soma in authorized amounts

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed,
law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached
at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded,
by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the
virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every
transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured,
numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented,
forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under pretext of
public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed
under contribution, drilled, fleeced, exploited, monopolized, extorted
from, squeezed, hoaxed, robbed; then at the slightest resistance, the
first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, vilified, harrassed,
hunted down, abused, clubbed, disarmed, bound, choked, imprisoned,
judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed, and to
crown all, mocked, ridiculed, derided, outraged, dishonored. That is
government; that is its justice; that is its morality."

P. J. Proudhon, _General Idea of the Revolution in the
Nineteenth Century

Man the barricades,the states claim to a monopoly of violence is no different than bandits promising unarmed peasants protection at gunpoint.If humans are so bad that they need controlling which humans could be trusted to guard us all against our nefarious human nature?Rumsfeld and his ilk?Blair?Putin?

Message 19/36             01-Apr-06  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

cheddar

Hubbard, Creamware, Smirnoff...the list just goes on and on and "I" is the hindmost always

Influx check the link in the top post

Message 20/36             01-Apr-06  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

I broke a rib in Banff when I was 10... heh.. fell of a f*ckin horse at Indian Days

Message 21/36             01-Apr-06  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Influx

oh jeez I missed that.

only in Texas, I guess. no surprise

I always loved how you could drink til your eyes turned clear, but..the minute you step outside youre a nuisance

well, dont expect me to argue we dont do stupid shit with our laws.

Message 22/36             03-Apr-06  @  08:16 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

cheddar

So, they lay some patently stupid something law on you then just when you are about to get your marker pen and signboard out to protest they come out with another even more stupid rule and you find yourself protesting about the latest idiocy and leaving the original stupid idea. In the end they get the first stupid approved and ma ny time the second idiot move in as well.

Then I though "intergovernmental confrernces" and how they need to come up with crazier and crazier shit that the public swallows so they can get paid big bux to get invited speak at ....intergovermental conferences

read weep read weep write drink weep become hardened by your own words

Message 23/36             03-Apr-06  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

hey... but think of the revenue opportunities!

give people driving licences, then FINE then for driving!!

perfect!

so i take it the Texas licence above a bar doesn't say:

"Licenced to sell intoxicating liquor"

? cso the lawyers would have a field day with that

Message 24/36             02-Jun-06  @  06:33 AM     Edit: 02-Jun-06  |  06:34 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Optofonik

What frightens me is that soon there will be a majority of people under the influence of prescribed psychoactive that they will be considered the norm and any differentiation, the slightest eccentricity, the smallest behavioral difference, will be seen as deviant. Normal, unmedicated behavior will soon be seen as suspicious.

Behaviorally normalizing society with prescribed medications, immobilizing them by making travel unaffordable to all but the elite, compiling phone records and purchases, suspicious elections, are creating a disturbing atmosphere in this country. I’m not a conspiracy nut or more paranoid than the average person in America who tries to stay informed about current events but what is happening in this country doesn’t feel like a simple series of random events. Is it that the overall character of the average citizen in the US, our national character, has become so bereft of virtue that we genuinely don’t care? Do our liberties mean anything to us anymore?

If that is the case than the “War on Terrorism” was lost upon its declaration. They got what they wanted. With only a few planes terrorists destroyed America by destroying that very thing that we chose to define our country, that thing that we touted as being the very foundation of America: liberty. The pursuit of happiness has become the pursuit of better medications.

Fuck all, I’m full of shit.

Message 25/36             02-Jun-06  @  01:35 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

yeah er... Liberty?... it was always a myth i think innit? but yes, i know what you're saying about normalising behaviour, but also society does that inherently itself as well surely?

Message 26/36             02-Jun-06  @  02:06 PM     Edit: 02-Jun-06  |  02:08 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

cheddar

I liked that comment about American liberty that went "Free to do what..?"

No I think society is loosing it's voice, demonstrators are agitators and laws (temporary or permanent) pop up everywhere to limit freedoms. Certainly the plethora of new media (blogs, forums, email etc) act to dilute our free speech where everything (including the spun rhetoric of the politico's) becomes background noise for a speechless society, who can be the hero? why would they not sell it up for the large buck?

Then society changes?, Can you measure a society under such change, is there a precedent? Such massive amounts of communication, accelerating technological advance, effects of globalisation, our old friend intergovernmental conference, the increasingly understood masses (did they know less yesterday, have we changed much since then?) and the increasingly public merging of corp and nation.

SO, you go to the disco and it was great, you tell your firends, within weeks all your friends go there..., then mobile phones come and you go to the disco and it is great and you call your mates and tonight IS the night.

I have no problem here, I am conflicted between classics and fashion

When will be the Age of Reason?

Message 27/36             02-Jun-06  @  09:01 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Optofonik

K,

I believe that also, however, at least in the past the illusion was actively maintained by the government. Now it seems that the government has become so brazen as to actively and overtly mount a campaign to reduce civil liberties with no apology worth believing nor any concern as to whether we believe it or not. It's as if they have realized that the citizens don't care so they may as well take advantage of the opportunity. One day everyone may wake up and they will see that their world has changed beyond their ability to influence it.

Cheddar I see your point too, we are all entertaining ourselves to death and it is a lot of fun, so much easier. There will come a time though when the rest of the world will begin to see us as our own government has come to. The world will look upon the US people, not the government, and resolve that we cannot control our government and so not only must our government cease to exist but so must the governed. If we don't wake up soon, they will have a valid reason for their belief and subsequent action.

When we have no allies remaining we will not be powerful enough to win a multi-lateral global attack on US soil. We can barely keep up with our military "commitments" now. The world sees our behavior modeling that of our government. We lament about how we don't have a voice and elections don't work while other newer democracies have a voter turn out that should shame us. We lament about how we can't control our government while other citizens in other countries who have lost control of their governments fight to their restoration. Increasingly we are seen to be lazy and apathetic toward our officials' obvious abuses of power. The rest of the world is watching and if we don't take real verifiable actions to turn things around, the rest of the world - all of it - will take the matter into their own hands. If we can't find our way to action in a peaceful democracy how will we find our way to action in a war zone? We will lose. Everything.

If you don't know how to take care a nice thing like the US someone out there will make it so you can't have nice things anymore.

FYI

It's good to keep coming back here; not nearly as much as I used to, granted; and see that it still inspres the kind of discussion I grew to love about DT. I may actually have some some music to post soon. Whoo whoo!

Message 28/36             02-Jun-06  @  09:47 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

hey mate, yeah, well, trouble is when we had discussions like that people just ran off all mardy cos they were upset or didnt like to be told to calm down, we could get the the forum back on form again if people just came round regularly with any stuff of interest they find out there in www-land or just to add a comment or post, cos it snowballs of course, the more people post, the more people join in.... It's a shame to waste the one site which gives the most freebies facilities of any tech site just cos of a current slip to low forum performance. Plenty of people keep signing up and adding music, but if there was more people on the forums they'd prolly join in more.

actualy, some organisation did a poll recently about what people want to feel happy in life. Plenty of stuff came out, one of which was the removal of aspirational advertising & the re-nationalising of the transport system

Society is conditioned by TV and other advertising brainwashing (which is all it is) to totaly value themselves based on possessions they aquire, which is weird, and of course studio tech people are one of the worst for this with their endless "Is the FUK-U78001 Pro quality?" squawking, or their "Ha ha ha, I don't own behringer gear, ergo I am superior and a serious musician" rubbish. (cue endless self congratulatory back-slapping & male 'my knobs bigger'n your knob' type bonding)

people can't think for themselves tho, if they go off and go all 'alternative' they usualy just buy into another alt' dogma and go round spouting that instead... it's hard not to tho admittedly, but go to speakers corner in London and it's just people trotting out some stuff they've aligned themselves to.

yeah, the US economy is utterly & totaly fucked, debt is MASSIVE, huge, humungous in fact.. I see the Chinese stock market had a boost yesterday - hey, what about the DAEWO head eh... 11 fuckin years man!!!! Ras!

anyways, back to BEST OF CRIBS......

Message 29/36             03-Jun-06  @  03:41 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Musineer Productions

You're all terribly confused and way off the mark! As national leader of the local Fotzepolitik party (motto: equality for all), allow me to explain...

The brain is an organ that operates due to chemical reaction. Much like a car, or a guitar string (to keep things relevant), or a potato. There are interpretations of definite, unquestionable scientic data to back-up this statement (I can personally attest to this as I have seen pictures of brain scans myself). Certain chemicals produce better quality people (such as Ghandi, Mother Therresa, Einstein, Newton, Florence Nightingale, Tony Blair, etc), whereas other chemicals produce faulty people like Ghengis Khan, Slobby Dan Milosoveridgeidish (sp?), Mugabe, Tony Blair, etc.

When your car/string/potato no longer functions properly, you throw it away and buy a new one, as any good consumer would. A Ford Model T is simply not as efficient as a modern Ferrari or Volvo, and old cars go rusty and stop working. A old guitar string loses its moisture and odour and doesn't look as shiny as a new string. An old potato developes those ugly tumescent growths and goes black, whereas the new Monsanto chemo-spud-u-like will reform itself overnight if left in the bread bin under light of a secret frequency. But, at the risk of being called a pinko-liberal, people cannot be replaced so easily (immigration restrictions, ageing process, etc). If our lot are to survive in these dark and troubling times of lack of deference and disobedience, we must become more efficient.

It's just a matter of discovering which chemicals do what. Imagine how happy you will all be when you can take a tablet/injection/enema to make you happy to work 7 days a weeks and be happy. No more lapses of concentration, no more time wasting (talking & laughing with colleagues, etc). Just a deep, satisfying happiness! Every tune you make will make everyone equally happy, and every tune anyone else makes will make you happy! No need for money. Your benefactor (or to use the old term, employer) will provide a place for you to sleep during shortages of am-phekin-awake (TM) and a place to consume your other pills. No need to shit either, any byproduct can be sweated out and recycled.

There is of course another solution to the Jonny Foreigner (JF) problem. Here in Staffordshire, England, in the heartland of our land of hope and glory, where folk have been Tory since the Norman invasion (damn those French - we haven't forgotten!), where fox hunting is a right of passage and corruption is institutionalised, here we have started to profit from, wait for it, arms dealings! Our County Council has invested £13.1 million in the world's 15 biggest arms companies. Derbyshire (the nearest other county to where I live) has invested £17.4 million. Nationally it's £723 million. Doesn't that fill you fellow brits with a warm glowing feeling? Now that's what I call sensible use of council tax. As a Staffs CC spokesperson said, '... the authority employed an investment manager who drew up a criteria for socially responsible investments '

I also, am full of shit.

Message 30/36             03-Jun-06  @  04:31 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Musineer Productions

And marriage.

On the Teev show Question time this week, a bunch of politicians and writers discussed marriage and civil rights. The well-fed Labour woman (the one with Portillo on a couch on another show, This Week I think it's called), who usually says reasonable stuff, stated that though she supported rights for gay couples, she didn't for heterosexual couples who chose not to marry. 'They can choose' she said. Soon it will be 'but you can have full rights as a citizen 'if you choose to support the government'. Michael Winner spoke the most sense, though even he dragged out the old male & female roles thing (he's old, a generational thing I suppose)

Marriage to me is a weird religious ritual. I think it's bizarre, and so does the missus. We don't want to offer vows to someone else's divinity/ies. Surely making vows in a place of worship whose dogma I don't subscribe to is being disrespectful to that religion? If other folk want to marry then that's fine by me. I'll even show up and celebrate with them if I'm invited. They have that right. As with all such things, it is good that they have that right. I may think they're insane or misguided - that's my right. But they still have the right to be insane and misguided.

For those who blab about civic marriages, what is that but a mockery of a decayed religious act? Contracts are for business. If you hire me to do something, you'll need to sign to say you'll pay. It is prudent not to trust you at your word. I am not in business with my partner. I love her. Of all the reasons she feels bound to me, I know that a tawdry contract is not one of them. She's here because it is where she wants to be now, not because she agreed to be here now one day 21 yrs ago.

So if I snuff it after this last glass, my 'estate' will go to our lovely gov (unless I make a will, comply comply). If I'm hospital-ill, she might not be allowed to visit me. Many car insurance companies don't recognise 'living together', classifying me as single (which I'm not) and charging more, whereas some couple married for a week get charged less, because married people have less accidents!!! Arse.

What discriminatory crap.

And familly security is bollocks. Divorce can be a quick and straightforward process these days. You can unvow whenever you like.

And why couldn't I correct the spelling mistakes in the last post?

Message 31/36             03-Jun-06  @  09:18 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

"socially responsible investments"?

Message 32/36             04-Jun-06  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

The woman with Portillo is Diane Abbott, the one who raved on about sending your kids to local schools in Hackney, then it came out all hers went to private schools, lol.

We don't want to offer vows to someone else's divinity/ies. Surely making vows in a place of worship whose dogma I don't subscribe to is being disrespectful to that religion?

agreed, it's a total crock imo if you don't subscribe to the faith

Mentioning Issac Newton, interestingly he used to keep a written record/log of all his wanks... lol, it's true; and apparently Ghandi's family and circle of freinds were all highly relieved when he finaly kicked the bucket cos he was a borish, dominating, self important old c*nt apparently who made everyones life around him a total fuckin misery.

Interestingly the church of englands main investement portfolio is in arms manufacturing companies, and the porn-shops area of soho is owned also by them.

anyone see that Panorama tonight about global warming, fuck!!.... I guess it's all over then   really frightening stuff, but par for the course for that lying scumbag Bush.

Message 33/36             05-Jun-06  @  07:17 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

milan

i saw no panorama. i saw 11 fucking degrees in june!

its the gulf stream cooling down is what i think it is. and you brits will catch the worst of it, sorry  

Message 34/36             06-Jun-06  @  02:09 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Musineer Productions

he was a borish, dominating, self important old c*nt apparently who made everyones life around him a total fuckin misery.

As I said, a good man!

Message 35/36             06-Jun-06  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

k

Message 36/36             07-Jun-06  @  02:03 AM     Edit: 08-Jun-06  |  02:00 AM   -   RE: Arresting people in bars for being drunk

Musineer Productions

Nope, I've searched but I can't find any reference to Sir Isaac Newton's onanistic practices, let alone a log book!!!

In fact his celibacy is mentioned several times. Is that information to support or reject the proposal? Do celibates, by definition, do that?

I've read that he was into all manner of seemingly ludicrous nonsense, as well as his brilliant laws etc.

Yet I can't shake an image...those poor, unfortunate giants!

Viewing all 36 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)