aaa Roland_R5 midi delay - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Roland_R5 midi delay

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             02-Apr-06  @  10:59 PM   -   Roland_R5 midi delay      [Link: Roland - R5]

therunawayjudge

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hey all! just a quick question that I hope someone could help me with. I just got this Roland r5 off a mate, it's a nice bit of kit but I’m having problems with using it as a midi device. The problem is that when I hit a button to play a sample that I have allocated (I’m using fruityloops 4) there is about a half a second delay from when I press the button on the R5 to when it plays the sample on the PC. The small light that lights on fruityloops when u hit a midi button responds perfectly but the sample plays late. This makes it impossible to tap out loops. Anyone know how to sort this out? Is it the software or maybe my RAM, I’m running on a fairly good laptop with 512Ram. I hope I’ve explained this ok, thanks to anyone who any info to help me out! Dan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             03-Apr-06  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: Roland_R5 midi delay

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, that 1/2 second delay is the mme standard delay on a soundcard.... you need a fast asio soundcard (they are cheap, they start at around 40 quid in the UK), or if you are using a built-on-the-motherboard soundcard, you could possibly use the ASIO4ALL driver which is free.

BTW, I'm assuming here that you don't already have an asio soundcard fitted.... if you DO, then you're using the wronmg driver in the Fruity soundcard driver settings section

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             03-Apr-06  @  10:03 AM   -   RE: Roland_R5 midi delay

k

Link?:  Link

http://www.asio4all.com/

that's the asio4all site - it's a free development project designed to provide asio drivers for standard sound devices on motherboards or cards which do NOT have asio drivers.

try them if you have a soundcard built in to your motherboard

what soundcard is it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)