aaa Anyone using shit tools 7 yet? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             07-Apr-06  @  08:40 PM   -   Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Anybody here upgraded to Pro Tools 7 LE and having any luck with it? I cant seem to get the thing to work on my machine? Driving me mental, so unstable - often crashes on startup, often skimps out for no apparent reason. HAve tried so many things.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             07-Apr-06  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

Link?:  Link

PRO WHAT?.... nah, not my thing actualy, i'd get it if i went 'commercial studio' again, just for rentals

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/25             07-Apr-06  @  11:44 PM     Edit: 07-Apr-06  |  11:46 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

I hate the DIGI forum too - the members on there can never admitt that pro tools has any bad points and if you ask "Can Pro Tools do this?" and it can't E.G auditioning a looped file without having to listen to the whole thing (so starting from near the end) or without having to duplicate the part, or creating your own shortcuts for PC, then you either get no reply at all or someone tells u how to do it in a way that you've already stated that you know and do not wish to use. Irritating. And the other thing is that you have to pay to receive "priviledges" which you get for nothing on most other systems. Dont get me wrong I like it a lot but Digisdesign thrive on exclusitivity however their customer service is crap - GGRRR Excuse me Im just grumbling.

Message 4/25             08-Apr-06  @  01:06 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

soup

6.9 still works well for me. I don't have any real reason to move to 7.x yet but I've always found digi's stuff fairly stable if you stick to using supported hardware and OS versions.

Message 5/25             08-Apr-06  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

psylichon

Link?: Link

what plugins do you have besides the stock digirack stuff? There are many plugs out there that need to be upgraded in order to work with 7. Symptoms include crashing the mofo instantly when loaded.

Mic modeler still hasn't been upgraded, so don't bother if that's one of em. Just remove offending plugins from your plugin folder and PT7 should load up fine for you.

We use PT7 HD at work and it's a charmer. No real problems to speak of. When weirdness happens, it's almost always the fault of a firewire drive that needs to be Disk Warrior'd or simply deleting Digi's database files on all drives solves the problem. I do this at first sign of any issues.

And really Lloyd, I've heard your complaints about the looping limitation before, but how often do you really need to do that? And why? And I'm not at work atm, but isn't there an option to unlink timeline and playback pointers? I never use it, but it seems with that selected (or unselected, whatever it is), you could make your selection without moving your playback pointer. the loop would follow the selection and playback would start wherever you want. Try it and let me know.

Still doubt I personally would ever use that... again I ask, why?

And finally, I think the DUC is one of the most professional, courteous, company-owned product forums on the planet. Try to find such help and civility on, say, the steinberg forums

Message 6/25             08-Apr-06  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

admin

the steinberg forums

actualy, it's better now they revamped it.

"In other countries, art and literature are left to a lot of shabby bums living in attics and feeding on booze and spaghetti, but in America the successful writer or picture-painter is indistinguishable from any other decent business man!" - Babbit

Message 7/25             09-Apr-06  @  11:12 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Ok I know I moan a lot about it but the truth is I really do like Pro Tools, I'm just stressed out with verison 7. After doing some research and constantly surfing the DUC I have tried everything abpart from the Waves 7 update - which looks like it could quite easily be the thing causing the probs. Gutted because I never took the update plan with Waves so I guess I just have to save up until I can afford to take it out to get the update. Until then I am probably gonna have to go back to 6.x and turn off the hyperthreading

I dunno whether the link.timeline/selection will work - but will try now as I am about to start a new session

And yes the forum is generally quite helpful compared with some forums - Steinberg haha

I am just grouchy.

Will keep you posted. Anyway we need people like me to have constant problems so we can find more cures.

Message 8/25             09-Apr-06  @  11:23 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

No the unlinking timeline and edit selection does not work - it does allow you to playback from anywhere in the loop but will not loop the selection regardless of whether look play back in enabled.

How often would I need to use this? Always man. What if I wanna find out whether a selection will will loop without separating or capturing regions first and then having to undo the whole process? Mainly this would save me time. Anyway I dont think that it bothers nearly enough people to make Digidesign think about including this as a feature - Damn.

Message 9/25             10-Apr-06  @  11:42 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

macProVideo.com

get Logic

Message 10/25             10-Apr-06  @  11:51 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Not at that point yet. However getting slightly peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed off.

Message 11/25             10-Apr-06  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

well surely logic can control protools hardware innit?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 12/25             10-Apr-06  @  12:46 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

k wrote:

well surely logic can control protools hardware innit?

Nope dont think so - Besides I've laid out a LOT of money to get a PT system no way am I ever gonna settle for Logic (I dont mean this in a degrading way as I dont know much about Logic and havent used it too much - it may be fantastic). Especially seeing as I'm now a Pro Tools Operator. I expect things to work when I am taking the genuine and paid route. Must be the waves update some of the posts on the forum are saying exactly the same thing! That is ridiculous so each time Waves or DIGI update their software u have to shed another load out so that they will work together. How unfair.

Message 13/25             10-Apr-06  @  12:48 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

Nope dont think so

r u sure... i think it can. TDM & audiosuite plugins work via logic iinit?

TDM
Using Pro Tools HD systems, Logic Pro 7 provides full access to any installed TDM plug-in and can uniquely run these alongside the 70 bundled or additional Audio Unit plugins on your system.

Pro Tools HD
Logic Pro 7 features integrated support of Pro Tools HD systems, the leading solution forscalable professional audio I/O.

also you can route MIDI data from Logic to TDM MIDI Plug-Ins via CoreMIDI

Message 14/25             10-Apr-06  @  02:30 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Is Logic Pro 7 out for the PC yet?

Why should I HAVE to use Logic because Digi cant provide a program which works adequately without having to constantly update other software and PAY PAY PAY. If that's the case then I might as well trade in my digi gear and spend a few hundred on a BFC2000 with Logic 5.5 plat.

Message 15/25             10-Apr-06  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

ah.. pc, i thought you meant for college on a full-on system

Message 16/25             10-Apr-06  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Lloyd Duddley

Nah this is for my own setup - sadly. Oh well. Anyways did u get my mail about possibly advertising on DT?

Message 17/25             10-Apr-06  @  07:24 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

what?... come on mate we're hardly likely to advertise car parts/repairs on DT are we?

Message 18/25             10-Apr-06  @  08:20 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

milan

Message 19/25             12-Apr-06  @  11:09 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

beds

what gear for trance?

Message 20/25             14-Apr-06  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Influx

k wrote:

what?... come on mate were hardly likely to advertise car parts/repairs on DT are we?

you're kidding, right?

Message 21/25             14-Apr-06  @  08:45 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

Influx

beds wrote:

what gear for trance?

5th, of course!

Message 22/25             17-Apr-06  @  07:33 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

labwerx

I seriously doubt I'll ever get to PT7 because I see no real reason to upgrade from my current Digi Audiomedia III card. PT LE 6.1.1 works fine with pretty much everything I throw at it AND it works fine on my P3-850 machine.

Message 23/25             17-Apr-06  @  10:33 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

soup

one of the few commendable things about digi is when they abandon a piece of legacy hardware they leave it with a functioning software release which they even sometimes continue to bugfix.

Message 24/25             18-Apr-06  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

labwerx

soup wrote:

one of the few commendable things about digi is when they abandon a piece of legacy hardware they leave it with a functioning software release which they even sometimes continue to bugfix.

True, but in all honesty there is no reason to drop support for older hardware. Since Digi was forced to release ProTools M-Powered (Avid owns both M-Audio and Digi), they should be forced to support their own older hardware. It makes no sense that I can run out and buy an old Audiophile2496 and have it work with ProTools 7 and not my AM3 or a Digi001.

Message 25/25             19-Apr-06  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: Anyone using shit tools 7 yet?

k

i wonder actualy whats on the cards for digi... UA apparently are stopping doing TDM, and with stuff like focusrite releasing 32 eq's and comps in a device it maybe companies are thinking "we give a huge chunk to digidesign cos of tdm

also with intel mac's and general power-price ration

anyways, i wonder....

Viewing all 25 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)