aaa samples sounds gated - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: samples sounds gated

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             10-Apr-06  @  10:59 PM   -   samples sounds gated

rob the 303 man

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

sampling off an old funk record and the snare and hi hats sounds great but the bass drum sounds staggered like a gating effect or when the settings are too high on a noise gate what could this be?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             11-Apr-06  @  09:28 AM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

milan

Link?: Link

does it sound like that on the original or after recording? are you using some sort of sensitivity trigering? try setting the threshold lower or something...

Message 3/10             11-Apr-06  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

k

Link?:  Link

you can always go and mess with the sample in an editor as well to smooth it's ends off - change the release envelope

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             11-Apr-06  @  02:34 PM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

rob the 303 man

I wonder if its because the bpm of the record is 90 and I am making beats at higher BPM?

I shall check the threshold. its a new sampler (mpc) but with other samplers I have always been tempted to just play off sample cds rather than dig for sounds outa records.

Message 5/10             12-Apr-06  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

k

well of course, if you raise the playback BPM, the end of the sample will arrive sooner relative to the linear length of the pattern it is contained within than when it was playing in it's original context

oh MPC... it's you with the looping problem isn't it?... yes it is.... didn't the manual give info about that looping issue?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             12-Apr-06  @  03:45 PM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

rob the 303 man

no mate, im fresh new to sampling and all i have is a few dusty funk records so I am sampling drum sounds off them ! I think some of it has to do also with lack of experience. its only the kick drum i have problems with and Hi Hat. Open Hi Hat and Snares fit snug, I aint got a clue why. I have tried making the beat on the MPC 90 bpm and it jus sounds sllllooooowwww
I guess this is teething problems?

Message 7/10             12-Apr-06  @  11:16 PM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

k

are yo sure it's playing the wole sample thru? is the pad with the kik in some sort of mute-group with other drums so it cuts of the kik before it finishes?..

Message 8/10             13-Apr-06  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

rob the 303 man

tried recording a jungle record and for what im doing, it sounds great ,must have been the wrong sound..

Message 9/10             13-Apr-06  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

soup

dude, this doesn't make any sense...
but it could be worse, my akai will only let me sample rockabilly and tejana.

Message 10/10             15-Apr-06  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: samples sounds gated

k

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)