aaa Behringer V-AMP II - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Behringer V-AMP II

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             23-Apr-06  @  12:39 PM   -   Behringer V-AMP II

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I've had it since christmas, and very good it is too, remember it's only 69 quid for a nice guitar pre/modeller... but i did some tests today and guess what!... it also works as a controller unit!

the pots cant have their transmitting CC numbers changed i dont think, (unless the editor can do that) but I used the Input Transformer in SX and had it controlling the PHOSCYON TB303 cutoff by remapping the V-AMP II GAIN control (cc12) to CC70 for the PHOSCYON cutoff

so, you also get a handly ittle controller unit too for your measly outlay!... also the unit can be used live as an FX unit

If you switch it into AMP-BYPASS mode, you CAN store that mode in any preset.... so you can setup FX with no amp-sim (just a tube-pre) and then use the footpedal live to step up/down 5 FX per bank (25 banks)

the FX include autowah, rotary, and there's also a compressor & gate... but you could also use combi's of gain-fx/distortion AND fx for synths in a live sitaution

overall therefore you get alot from this unit for such a cheap price - 8 continuous controller pots, plus the two rotary step selectors also send out data

I'll do a video of it soon... i started a video & filmed a whole review but it lasted too long... there's so much to this unit.. much more than you think when you start to review it... so i gotta script the review video to make it not too long.

anyways, IF you need some sort of pre-amp for recording guitar/bass, then obviously this is well worth a look cos it does that well, and you get extras

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)