aaa Can someone please help. - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Can someone please help.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             30-Apr-06  @  03:25 PM   -   Can someone please help.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Sorry to go off the subject again but I could really do with some advice about this poxy video thing Im doing - I am pulling my hair out. I have tried googling etc as well as the adobe forums but I am getting nowhere and last time you guys seemed to know quite a lot. Basically I have exported a timeline from premiere and the quality is shit, blurry and distorted, but I am now prepared to keep it like this as I just want rid of it. The problem is that the length of the movie is only 2 hours and 20 mins but the size of the file on disk is 28 gig. They told me on the forum to export to DV AVI which I did but Obviosuly I dont wanna give the people like 6 DVD's. Does anyone know the best way to do this as I am extremely confused and I just wanna give them their wedding DVD ASAP bcos its now been months?

Thanks a lot

Lloyd

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             30-Apr-06  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

beds

Link?: Link

do they want a finished dvd or do they want a video file that they make into a dvd?

Message 3/9             01-May-06  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

k

Link?:  Link

lol, well the authoring s/w i use can 'fit' the video to disk altering the compression ration to suit

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/9             01-May-06  @  12:31 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

Lloyd Duddley

Eventually they want a fnished DVD with menus etc. but as I've kept them waiting for so long I just wanna give them a DVD with the whole movie uneditted so that it gives them something to watch for the time being until the other ne is editted.

Message 5/9             01-May-06  @  12:37 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

beds

what codec have you used to encode the 28gb file?

Message 6/9             01-May-06  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

cheddar

you could also just put out edits in the meantime,
mixeeven

Message 7/9             02-May-06  @  12:24 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

Lloyd Duddley

Thanks for the replies

Ok here goes.

When selecting export settings, on the general tab the file type is: Microsoft DV AVI, range = Work area,

Video settings.
Compressor:Microsoft DV (NTSC)
Frame size: 720 x 480
Pixel Aspect ratioL D1/DV NTSC (0.9)
Frame Rate: 29.97
Depth, millioons, quality:100%

In the 'keyframe and rendering' page I have fields= lower fields first, everything else it left blank. Thats basically it. I dont know which codec I have used to be honest as I didnt select anything in particular.

Message 8/9             02-May-06  @  02:05 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

beds

are these guys in the uk? you should use PAL not NTSC.

and see if it has mpeg2 export options.

Message 9/9             02-May-06  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Can someone please help.

Lloyd Duddley

Ok I'll try this, thanks.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)