aaa s950 - Samplers & sampling forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Samplers & sampling

Subject: s950

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             08-May-06  @  06:05 PM   -   s950

rob the 303 man

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hiya. getting a bit hot under the coller. read the manual and cant see what im doing wrong, have loaded a bass drum from floppy called BD1 then went to record mode and recorded a snare from a record and called it sn1 , all good so far, went back to the edit sample page and selected bd1 to go though all the programming ie tuning and chopping then to the next edit mode to filter and keygroup,. go back and do the same with sn1, selcting the sound in the edit sample screen and moving the curser over to the name field and turning the wheel to get the desired sound, then on the field below to match it. am I changing the name here in error? or do I need to select something to use multi samples in the s950? the manual aint givin no clues!

Rob

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             09-May-06  @  04:04 AM   -   RE: s950

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

It's late and I'm not sure I understand your problem exactly.

In the Edit Sample section P1 you select the sample at the top then press ENT to engage that sample for the edit section. You only use the name underneath if you are renaming your sample (i.e. from 'sn1' to 'Big Snare'). Cursor back to the 01 then scroll to 02 etc.

In EDIT PROG you set the 950 up to play the samples as you want them (key map, midi ch, envelopes, outputs, etc). Same as the edit sample section: select the prog at the top then scroll to the other parameters. Only use the name underneath to change the name ofthe selected program.

Make sure the midi button is in omni if you're using more than one midi ch.

Hope this helps.

Message 3/3             21-Sep-06  @  09:07 AM   -   RE: s950

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

You need to create a Keygroup for each and every sound ie keygroup one is bass drum on midi
channel 1 coming out of output 1 which will be mono/ or use one of the poly outputs if you want
to create a drum kit ie keygroup 2 snare midi channel 1 the keygroup alows u to set say kick to
c2, snare to d2, hh to e3 ect

So make each keygroup the note you want as you can set how many notes each sample spans
for drums usaly 1 note or for say a bass you would give it a few notes or even the whole
keboard, obviously no midi channel sharing if a sound uses the whole keyboard!

Then set midi channel for each keygroup and finaly output for each sound remembering that
there are 8 mono outputs and 2 outputs that carry 4 voices each and one output that has all 8
voices, you can mix and match outputs but you cannot excede 8 notes of polyphony.
Malk

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)