aaa m-audio oxygen 49 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: m-audio oxygen 49

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             10-May-06  @  07:44 PM     Edit: 10-May-06  |  07:45 PM   -   m-audio oxygen 49

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Anyone has this keyboard? Anything against getting one?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             11-May-06  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Moujik

Assuming it's basically a bigger version of the Oxygen 8, they action of the keys might be a bit "plastic-y", especially if you can play properly. Also (assuming it's the same as the Oxygen 8), the knobs aren't endless, which I found to be a bit of a pain.

If you can splash out a bit more, have a look at the M-Audio Axiom series.

(Of course it might be completely different to the Oxy-8, in which case ignore everything )

Message 3/8             11-May-06  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Rags .aka. Welder

Those Axiom keyboards definetly look nice... well, I think all I can spend now is around what the Oxygen (or maybe the Radium) costs.

Thanks for the info, I will definetly try it out before buying, also some say that the emu xboard has a bit better action. (albeit with lesser quality knobs)

Message 4/8             12-May-06  @  10:36 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Moujik

Well I can't play at all, so it doesn't make much difference to me!

Gonna get one of the little 25 key Axioms though... that + my laptop + Reaktor =

Message 5/8             12-May-06  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Rags .aka. Welder

Well I can't play at all

Me neither I used to play the computer keyboard, it had around three octaves split into half

Som people say the EMU has great keys, well, I'll try it today.

Message 6/8             12-May-06  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Rags .aka. Welder

Also, this one looks fun.

Message 7/8             14-May-06  @  12:19 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

sox

Also, this one looks fun

Tried one at the show in Hammersmith a couple of months ago...they're not velocity sensitive unfortunately or I'd be ordering a shedload for our keyboard teacher and technology studios....

Nice idea though....saves loads of space!

sox

Message 8/8             29-May-06  @  05:31 AM   -   RE: m-audio oxygen 49

Rags .aka. Welder

So, I went for the emu xboard 49, much better quality, weighted keys with aftertouch, nice pots, buttons are rattling a bit, but they have very positive "click" and everything is indicated by leds, ie. when you program the leds show you what can be pressed, "ENTER" button flashing when applicable... great stuff if you have to work in the dark.

Pots are nice, and yeah, not the endless kind of knobs... but well, time will tell, at the moment I like them pretty much . The big deal is the weighted keyboard (basically for the price of a non-weighted 49 key keyboard). Did I mention the keys have superb action? At the shop I could test several other keyboards for comparison and the emu keyboards (xboard 25 and 49) really stand out from the rest in the ~150 euro crowd... and doesn't fair bad at all when comapred to more expensive stuff (clavia keyboards, hammer-action fatars, etc...).

Interesting, but despite the "cheap" look, miditech's keyboards are also very nice, and you can get one with "endless" rotary controllers onboard, so don't overlook them. I tried some novations as well, but their keyboard-action was realy strange, almost like if sponges were stuffed under the keyes... but I can imagine that someone could like it... whatever

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)