aaa A couple of tracks for you - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: A couple of tracks for you

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             21-May-06  @  07:43 PM   -   A couple of tracks for you

skelington.bob

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello,

We have recorded a couple of tracks which we would like you to listen to.

They can be found at the link below: -

Skelington Bob

They are fairly mellow tracks made with electric guitars, bass, synths and the occasional odd noise.

Thanks for listening.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             22-May-06  @  09:08 AM   -   RE: A couple of tracks for you

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, i really like the bass sound on Tranquil Highs, & the 'calling bird' style warbling bubbling synth sound... what did you do with that, just a filter or was it the amp etc? i'd mebeb scoop those string pads out a tad on the mid or drop em a couple a dB. The drums kinda dissapear when the strings & other midrange stuff comes in

again the chellos are a tad dominant in the other track, similar sort of mix in that the drums are a tad hidden, i'd get those hats out of the mix and spread em a bit and eq em a bit more brighter and the snare is way back in a deep room verb it sounds like it's way back in a room behind the mix... otherwise i like the vibe of the music overall.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             22-May-06  @  07:22 PM   -   RE: A couple of tracks for you

Moujik

Link?: Link

I agree with K... the tunes were nice enough, but a bit of work on the mixing wouldn't go amiss. I think there's quite a lot of detailI missed (even taking into account I was listening to the lo-fi streams) because of this.

Overall though, a really nice "Rock Action" era Mogwai vibe.

Message 4/5             22-May-06  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: A couple of tracks for you

skelington.bob

Link?:  No link

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback, it's much appreciated.

I agree there is always a bit more you can do but I'm still learning as I go.

The bass on Tranquil Highs is a second hand electric bought in a charity shop, recorded carefully with a dodgy lead! Edited compressed, recycled, compressed, sampled etc.

The warbling synth sound is a patch I made on the Virus C. I can't remember all of the settings but the filter envelope was controlling pitch and the 2 filters were in a series with a low pass first then a band pass. We then cut and pasted the audio.

Once again thanks for taking the time to listen and post your comments.

Dave.

Message 5/5             23-May-06  @  10:07 AM   -   RE: A couple of tracks for you

k

Link?:  Link

cool, well thats a very unique bass sound to my ears, albeit it's very subtle so people might not notice it, but I love it.. I'd suggest putting the mix thru a graphic, and drop everything below 200-250hz.... then listen to it and see how the midrange is hiding the drums & a bit cluttered

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)