aaa Passports - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Passports

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             23-May-06  @  07:35 PM   -   Passports

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi

I finally got round to filling out a passport application form today (though my passport is still valid, the Bio-ID-bigbro farce kicks in at the end of the month and I wanted to delay 'choosing' to participate for as long as possible, or 10 yrs).

As I was putting my current document into the envelope, it occured to me that it wouldn't take a genius (enter brand of fanaticism here) terrorist to work out that distinctive envelopes addressed to the passport office might contain valid passports. Maybe I should cut it in half or deface the personal page I thought. But what if that means problems in replacing it?

I decided to call the office and ask.

A bloke calling himself Ryan answered and immediately asked for my name. I told him my first name and asked if I should send the passport in a complete or spoilt condition. He interrupted to ask for my surname. I repeated my question. He repeated his, adding that he had to 'log the call'. I said 'You can put Smith'. He said 'How do you spell that?' I said 'X'.

Sensing that the conversation was going awry, I asked for his name and surname, along with e-mail address and home address and mother's maiden name and his date of birth. He said he wasn't allowed to give out personal details over the phone. I said neither was I. He agreed to fetch his supervisor. Some piano music (bit cheesy over a phone, but not bad) then he returned to say 'just post it in'!

Great! Why does everyone need to know all our details before even acknowledging us? We are a nation of berserk Box-ticking bureaucrats. And what the f*** is going to happen with the ID cards? Will they just be posted through the regular post. Alky Ada and other anti-prohibitionists only need an operative in the (a?) postal service and they can swipe all the identities they need!

God's teeth, this extreme incompetance so regularly demonstrated by our glorious leaders is really beginning to pluck my pubes!

I am that I am. I have no need to prove other than that I wish to. My right to be is sacrosanct. Habeous Corpus? Arse!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             23-May-06  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: Passports

beds

We are a nation of berserk Box-ticking bureaucrats

surely "call centre serfs"?

Message 3/5             24-May-06  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Passports

cheddar

just getting ready for litigation state

remember, if you are not videoing every moment of your life then where is your defense when they show excerpt video of your crimes in court

Message 4/5             24-May-06  @  12:11 PM   -   RE: Passports

k

Link?:  Link

agreed, it's bollox, I get tired of having to give details and explanation of what i want to talk about to the person who's putting me thru... when i get thru, never once in 20 years does the next person get told any of the crap i'm asked by the party putting me thru. I'd better get mine renewed if it means that crap to go thru

as for the 'new' id bullshit, take chip & pin (id in dig format on a card).... it's already been shown the new chip and pin is dead easy to fraud, pointless stuff

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             25-May-06  @  01:16 PM   -   RE: Passports

cheddar

automated voice says "Your call is important to us..."

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)