aaa Which equipment to hire. - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Which equipment to hire.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/9             25-May-06  @  01:12 AM     Edit: 25-May-06  |  01:15 AM   -   Which pre to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Recording a session for someone on Mon where by we get the bare studio but bring out own gear. Will be using the 002 as inteface into pro tools but only got a mackie 1604 VLZ Pro with enough of the same preamps which arent really suitable for prof recording so we're gonna hire a pre-amp as well as a headphone amp and some nice drums mics as the Red5's dont seem to cut it. I know itas the same old questions but what pre-amp would u recomennd? its gotta have 8 inputs, not really bothered about output type as long as it's got 8. I have only really heard of the Focusrite octopre and the digimax LT which seem to have good reviews but never actually heard them. U reckon its best to stick with one of these? U think they're good enough to get a VERY nice sound? Really wanna get good quality in this session? Thanks

Oh and can anyone recommend a place in S.London area for this sort of hire? I think there was somewher called Gig hire. Google maybe.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/9             25-May-06  @  04:32 AM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

k

Link?:  Link

dude, it's pointless asking for recommendations until you see what is available for hire...then choose.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/9             25-May-06  @  11:04 AM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

Gunna spend the day on the phone.

Message 4/9             26-May-06  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

Ok got an Octopre, 2 x C451's, 1 x AKG 414 ULX, 1 C1000s, x headphone amp, 2 x DT100's all for £120. Should be a good day

Message 5/9             27-May-06  @  09:05 PM     Edit: 27-May-06  |  09:06 PM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

The guy in the shop recommended some mics called B & K 4011's, has anyone used these? I cant seem to find much about them on the web. They any good for overheads on a drum kit?

Message 6/9             28-May-06  @  11:24 AM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

milan

Link?: Link

not specifically, but Bruell & Kjaer should be very good in general.

good luck with recording.

Message 7/9             28-May-06  @  11:44 AM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

k

Link?:  Link

what's for the kikdrum? so you're doing this with 4 mics?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/9             28-May-06  @  02:39 PM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

good luck with recording.

Thanks a lot Milan, I can't wait

The setup for the kit is

BD - D112
Snr top: sm57
Snr bottom: red 5 close mic (rvd9) with grille removed
Hats: C414
Toms: Red5 (RVD9) with grilles removed
OH's B&K 4011's

Then I was gonna use a 414 on front of amps with a 58 on the back of each

DI the bass with Behringerr D.I box

Either my Rode NTK for vox and backing or maybe the C414 instead, will try them out.

I wanna record them one at a time but am a bit worried about their lack of musical experience. Will have to try it out. We have basically got a small control room (Which is basically a cupboard with a window looking into a rehearsal room. We do have another rehearsal room too so essentially I could record durms, bass and rhythm all together with no spillage as the practice rooms are pretty well soundproofed. The problem is the number of inputs seeing as only one room has tielines. We could run it out through the door into the studio but there is also the problem of the octopre having 8 inputs. Unless I use the mackie or digi preamps.

Message 9/9             29-May-06  @  11:41 PM   -   RE: Which equipment to hire.

Lloyd Duddley

Just got in from the session, can't wait to see what u guys think. Personally I dont think the recording was very professional at all, but maybe something good can still come out of it. Tyhe guy let us rent two Neuman U87's instead pof the B&K's for the same price. JESUS I could have recorded the whole kit with just one. Really nice for overheads i think. Anyways I will bounce to wavs tomorrow.

Viewing all 9 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 9 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)