aaa Axiom 25 installation nightmare! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-May-06  @  04:28 PM   -   Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

Moujik

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Picked up one of the new little M-Audio Axiom controller yesterday; seems really nice & exactly what I need, except... I'm having no luck whatsoever installing it!

Bascially, have run the driver installation installation .exe & plugged it in. Get the messages from Windows that "New Hardward Ready" etc, but then when I look in my audio apps, the controller doesn't appear.

Have tried uninstalling & reinstalling, but same problem.

Anyone got any ideas?? Have googled, but can't find anything & it's bank holiday so don't want to wait until Tuesday to get answer from the shop!!

Cheers in advance.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-May-06  @  05:14 AM   -   RE: Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

Rags .aka. Welder

Ok, I have little info about those axioms (I've finally settled with an EMU Xboard 49 that turned out much better quality than the ozone / radium), but I guess their way of working is similar (USB)...

So strangely enough if onw has win2000 then he/she has to install the software first, THEN plug in the unit, but with windows xp its the other way around. Eventually the installation replaces the default microsoft USB driver with one that has "other extensions"... and that means if you do it in the wrong order, the USB driver will be not overwritten properly, and the keyboard will not work with the microsonft one.

At least this was the case with the emu keyboard, but who knows maybe its applicable for the axiom too...

Message 3/5             29-May-06  @  09:43 AM   -   RE: Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

k

Link?:  Link

got SP1?... that might be an issue, but i'd follow Rags post first, sometimes usb can be a complete bitch.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             29-May-06  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

Moujik

Cheers guys.

K - Think I've got SP2 installed; it's a bit odd as I used to have an Oxygen 8 installed & working perfectly, so assumed this one would be as straightforward.

Rags - Thanks, I'll give that a try when I'm beck fom work this afternoon. Wouldn't surprise me if I had to install it in the exact way they tell you not to to get it to work

Message 5/5             02-Jun-06  @  09:45 PM   -   RE: Axiom 25 installation nightmare!

Moujik

Well... sod that for a game of soldiers!

After several emails & phone calls to M-Audio support this week, and an hour and a half in Turnkey this evening, it's finally working. There does seem to be a problem on some PCs, where the class compliant USB thing doesn't work (unsurprisingly it's 100% fine on Mac!)

So, to get it to work I had to install the drivers AND then force Windows to reinstall the drivers manually via the control panel. Nightmare.

Anyway, it all works now & is really good, but I'm not sure it was worth all that hassle

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)