aaa new member, 2 new tracks - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new member, 2 new tracks

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             28-May-06  @  11:14 PM   -   new member, 2 new tracks

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hi there, just joined 7161 and have uploaded 2 tracks, "heartland" and "human nature" would love to know what you think of them. to get to the tracks please use search, "dave pugh". dont know how to link to them yet!. thanks.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             29-May-06  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: new member, 2 new tracks

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Cheers Dave!

Heartland was really smooth, calm, it really reminded me of Södebergh's version of Solaris...
The distorted lead sound has a really tiny little bit of "off" feel compared to the rest of the stuff going on and this creates very nice tension all the way through. Like it very much!

Message 3/5             29-May-06  @  09:52 AM   -   RE: new member, 2 new tracks

k

welcome Dave, if you click your username in the forum or avatar it links to your details and tracks of course to save time  

Heartland - ok, great, nice composition & atmosphere, except technicaly i'd try inserting a lo-cut filter on the main pad synth (the opening drone-fizzy-pad), BEFORE it reaches the reverb cos it's muddying up the bassend so when other stuff arrives later it's swamped with that bottom end reverb - is that what's happening?... it is being sent into a big 'verb right? - nice percussion further on, is that 'live' playing?

yup, now i'm further into the track , the bottom end is smeared alot causing a loss of definition overally & especialy to the rythmic bottom end stuff & kik

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             29-May-06  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: new member, 2 new tracks

k

Human Nature: Nice guitar sound! real or sample? - this ones a better mix imo, but still slightly muddy at the bottom. Is it the same cause? (reverbed bottom end artefacts?) it's clear at 0.33... the pads come in and it looses some definition at that point so perhaps yes?

Nice composition again

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/5             29-May-06  @  10:43 PM   -   RE: new member, 2 new tracks

dave pugh

many thanks for feedback and constructive critisism - much appreciated!. the guitar on "human nature" is real,reworked and revised , played by a freind of mine for a track we did about 4 years ago. the reverb used are just the ones in the synths themselves, i will try reduceing them a little, the percussion toward the middle to end of "heartland" is a sample. many thanks again for your comments, will be uploading new stuff soon. ps. could you give me links to your own site/tracks please, would love to hear them.

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)