aaa General question - ? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

13-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: General question - ?

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             30-May-06  @  07:36 PM   -   General question - ?

gillianken

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I am intersted in the SPL Channel One Premium and would be grateful if you could answer the following questions (I record on a Roland Digital 16 Track Recorder and my recordings vary from 'vocal and acoustic guitar' to 'full rock band').

1) Will the SPL Channel One premium give 'record quality' results?
2) Is there a noticeable difference in quality between the basic SPL Channel One and the Premium version and is the price increase justifiable.
3) What does the SPL do (mainly in terms of quality of sound), that a processor such as the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro does not achieve? (and is the price increase justifiable?

Does your 30 day money back guarantee apply to this product?

Thanks,

Ken Hartland.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             30-May-06  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: General question - ?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

1) Will the SPL Channel One premium give 'record quality' results?

that's very subjective because you can take an excellent recording and mix it crappy and... what's a 'record quality' anyways?

2) Is there a noticeable difference in quality between the basic SPL Channel One and the Premium version and is the price increase justifiable.

the premium has a Lundahl Transformer, otherwise is the same

http://www.lundahl.se/lunstory.html

again, wether you will see a huge difference is subjective esp' as you're using what might be considered a budget recorder - read this perhaps:

http://www.soundperformancelab.com/Lundahls/Lundahl_E.html

3) What does the SPL do (mainly in terms of quality of sound), that a processor such as the Focusrite Voicemaster Pro does not achieve? (and is the price increase justifiable?

well again that's quite subjective, one has a real tube the other (focusrite) uses modelling - the Focusrite has dig output, the spl doesn't. One could argue that either would yeild decent results under normal use.

the 30 day no quibble, "i just dont like it i choose the wrong thing perhaps' only applies to HOTDEAL items and the SPL Channel One or Channel One 'Premium' isn't one of them.

what are you using now out of interest?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)