aaa SSL Duende - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: SSL Duende

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             06-Jul-06  @  10:43 PM     Edit: 06-Jul-06  |  10:47 PM   -   SSL Duende

BOO

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Guess what's sat in me rack?

Clue: It's reet lovely, it is.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             07-Jul-06  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: SSL Duende

milan

Link?: Link

whoa dude... never even heard of the thing

Message 3/7             07-Jul-06  @  05:42 PM   -   RE: SSL Duende

k

you've actualy got it????!!... blimey!... go on then, spill some beans of your explorations so far

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/7             07-Jul-06  @  06:22 PM     Edit: 07-Jul-06  |  06:37 PM   -   RE: SSL Duende

BOO

Yeah! Real SSL for you daw, I just had to get it!

I've been eyeing the waves SSL thing for ages, but the Duende was announced and then came out sooner than I anticipated. So I grabbed it. Nice having the DSP...

Basically, this thing is smooth. The buss comp sounds utterly fantastic. It's never crunchy or hard sounding. You can add big smack! to the your track, but it never has the harsh crunch that a lot of plugin comps have. Well rounded. Even when you set the ratio set to something silly, like 20, it's still amazingly smooth sounding.

I wrote a quick rundown of the unit over here:

Initial Duende impressions

Massive outlay on gear, but I've been saving up and it was time to upgrade my studio. Still, cheaper than a C-Series, innit? And easier to carry up the stairs.

Message 5/7             08-Jul-06  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: SSL Duende

k

are u *****?.... can you do us a quick edit review for our listings?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/7             10-Jul-06  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: SSL Duende

BOO

I might be...

A quick review... Sure.... Hows do I do that then?

Message 7/7             11-Jul-06  @  08:29 AM   -   RE: SSL Duende

k

have a look in your dancetech admin selector now Boo. You can add to the text which is already there. Add your review before the current text i think would be best

can u do basic html like adding paragraph and break tags?

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)