aaa 2 tracks added - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: 2 tracks added

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/7             09-Jul-06  @  01:08 AM   -   2 tracks added

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi

I've added a couple of new tracks.

Uncertainty Principle (10 yrs old now...shhheeesh!) and

Bouncy Dub (kicking around unfinished for ages, so here's a mix)

Hope they fit a mood.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/7             09-Jul-06  @  12:35 PM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

Moujik

Really enjoyed 'Bouncy Dub' - reminded me a bit of Orbital... nice work!

'Uncertainty Principle' - didn't do much for me, couldn't really tell it was an old tune though.

Message 3/7             10-Jul-06  @  04:07 PM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

Musineer Productions

Glad you liked Bouncy Dub. Almost called it CajunDub.

The other is a bit dark and moody. I wrote it just after moving back to the UK from Holland. I remember proudly playing it to someone (convinced he would be wowed, and equally convinced I was using the gear I had in experimental, creative ways, etc etc). The drum patterns/programing in the middle I was especially proud of - I'D never heard the like before. He played me a track from the first album by Square Pusher (which was just doing the Notting Hill rounds). My chin hit the floor. There's always someone there ahead eh?!

Still, for an S950, Mirage, and a Kawai K1, I'm pleased with the mix. Reminds me a bit of the Wire 154 album, not sure exactly why.

Message 4/7             19-Jul-06  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

Rags .aka. Welder

Uncertainty Principle

I found this one strong and quite addictive... Very hard to tell anything about it, other than it matches my current state of mind perfectly (not much sleep since last wednesday), so I'll just say this and leave it looping for a while.

Message 5/7             19-Jul-06  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

Rags .aka. Welder

Bouncy Dub:

Nice, tasteful, and a great reminder how pleasing to the ear when the production is not "overdone" (like in some of my recent stuff, ehhh ;-). Drums are very delicate and minimal too, with great patterns. (And when I say minimal, I must stress that minimal in an original way, not at all a jump into today's "trendtech" bandwagon.)

Is that an FM7 sound around the beginning?

cheers,
Rags

Message 6/7             20-Jul-06  @  01:38 AM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

Musineer Productions

Hi Rags.

Rags .aka. Welder wrote:

Uncertainty Principle

... Very hard to tell anything about it, other than it matches my current state of mind perfectly...

Wow. That's the 'holy grail' of it all in my books. A bulls eye! Bingo! Glad you liked them and thanks for the comments. If the mood I tried to record with Uncertainty Principle is a shared one, and if I did my job properly, then it's a strange place to be isn't it? Hope the tune chilled things a little. The MP3 mix has meddled with some higher end stuff, so I regret adding some bass eq. Maybe I'll repost a cleaner mix.

Glad you liked the simple approach with Bouncy Dub. And yes, eagle-ears (no that doesn't work)...bat-ears (now I'm really hoping you're not one of those people with Spock-like ears!) with the FM7 spot. It's a VST, not a box, but I do like a bit o' twiddlin' and nostalgia. Nice and phlabby. Standard Cubase VSTs do the rest, with an old HaLion and a Reaktor Session One freebie that came with a Future Music mag, a B4, a Superwave, and an Attack - all VST, all moused.

To paraphrase what someone once said somewhere, 'I do as I do not out of stubborn resistance, but out of solidarity with those few who already share an inkling'.

Message 7/7             20-Jul-06  @  12:42 PM   -   RE: 2 tracks added

k

Link?:  Link

Uncertainty Principle, yeah nice full bass but under control, dubby ambient techno breaks, nice stuff!

Bouncy Dub. again, good balanced mix, slightly 'jolly' melody section for my taste, kinda like some old King Jammy's melody's, but it's an interesting composition. I like the sorta 'reversy' bassy synth riff

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 7 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 7 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)