aaa Mini-Festival in the countryside - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: Mini-Festival in the countryside

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             24-Jul-06  @  02:13 AM   -   Mini-Festival in the countryside

Musineer Productions

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I've just spent Sunday at a free mini festival, the Wicketfest6, in the countryside. The Wicket Inn is a small pub in a place called Admaston (smaller than a village) in Staffordshire, they have frequent gigs and regular Thursday night jam sessions (usually folk, or rock, or something in between).

Today they had six bands in a tent in the beer garden (all rock), with a PA, and two mic'd drum kits. The furthest away band, called Read it and Weep, came from Edinburgh, and attend every year! Very tight well practised stuff (rock isn't exactly my bag but I enjoyed it nonetheless). Another band called Jellyfish Tree were also very tight.

Anyone near or passing Stafford/Derby/Lichfield might do well to check http://wicketinn.co.uk/ if you fancy some well-served beer and honest music.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)