aaa cubase sx tempo error - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: cubase sx tempo error

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/8             28-Aug-06  @  08:30 PM   -   cubase sx has developed tempo error

sharparlo

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I'm having a problem with cubase sx which just started to happen last night.
It plays at the right tempo for about 3 seconds when play is hit, then automatically drops tempo for no reason. It's happening on all projects, even new blank ones where I've just listened to the click track.
Uninstalled cubase and reinstalled it, but the same is still happening.
Disconnected all inputs, and still same.

Anyone had similar problem?

Cheers,
Arlo

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/8             29-Aug-06  @  01:07 AM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Link?: Link

did you try changing the temp to 'fixed' in the transport bar?

Message 3/8             29-Aug-06  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

Musineer Productions

Or the sync button on the transport bar?

Message 4/8             29-Aug-06  @  08:26 PM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

sharparlo

Yeah, tried both. Like I say, even new, blank projects are causing the same to happen. It's a new PC, pretty powerful, very little software on it, harddisc nearly empty.
It ran fine for a couple of weeks, then this suddenly happened!

Arlo

Message 5/8             29-Aug-06  @  08:33 PM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

sharparlo

I just bought this PC to move over from years of Atari ST use. I had been reluctant cos I'd heard so many people complaining of difficulties, but I finally gave in. Threw me ST out when I got it all up and running, and I'm gutted. How come modern PC's can't easily handle what a 20 yr old machine managed no bother?!

Message 6/8             30-Aug-06  @  03:57 PM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

k

Link?:  Link

it's that atari dedicated midi bus again

mind you, pc's can do amazing stuff but it's more cerebral... you don't get that creative immediacy you get with hardware outboard imo. Like when you use an ST or whatever hardware seq' and outboard gear and a mixer, you only need to get hats, snare, kik, bass and a couple of other parts going and then you can just mix on the mixer in realtime, feeling where the bitz drop in/out etc... it's definately got something that.. like deejaying with live gear

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/8             30-Aug-06  @  06:24 PM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

Musineer Productions

Hmmm, what do you mean exactly when you say the tempo 'drops'? Do you mean changes to another tempo or that the tempo is erratic?

It's a bit 'is there petrol in it' but are you sure you're using the ASIO drivers? Which s/card do you have? (though as you say it was ok for 2 weeks I doubt this is an issue).

Have you updated any drivers? Or XP perhaps? Have you initialised ACPI somehow? Disconnected the onboard s/card (if you're using another)? Do other audio progs (Fruity Loops etc) run ok?

Don't get too despondent! I only moved over from Atari four years ago, but the transition was swift and I'm now amazed by the stuff I did with the old setup. I really wouldn't want to go back - and you can always hook some outboard gear to a desk and route that into the PC. The quantity of VSTs available (many free) is boggling. Umpteen samplers and synths at your disposal. And the effects are a doddle to use once you've had a play or two.

K: I agree to a point about the mixing, but I never had an automated analogue desk. I always had to remember/learn a mix. Several very similar masters in the hope of getting one 'just right'. The cubase desk is a dream. Everything automated, and the graph displays make fine-effect use so easy! Precision like you've never known it. And forget the Midex and time code...playing audio and midi is seamless, and you get soooooo many channels!

The only thing I can't do is catch a sound with a sampling delay (such as Boss DD2/3) and drag the delay time down to creat that particular low richly textured noise (especially if you catch a snare shot). But as I said, I can always hook that up to a desk if I really need to.

Good luck with the timing thing - let us know how you get on.

Message 8/8             31-Aug-06  @  10:32 AM   -   RE: cubase sx tempo error

k

Link?:  Link

so, you're recording midi only then yes?... and this is effecting playback of sounds from external equipment (hardware synth etc) yes?

hmm.... yeah, well when this happens, you did check there's no tempo changes in the tempo edit yes? (possibly some midi key command might be writing it) if there's no tempo changes at all then i also think it has to be the device handling midi/audio

so what's the soundcard/midi device? - is it all in one (soundcard with midi i/o fitted)?

did you just build this machine?... did you run cubase on another pc sucessfuly before this machine was utilised

if it's home built, and if you use a dedicated asio soundcard, is the onboard devices disabled... is the SOUNDS scheme turned off for the pc... possibly something might be happening with a change in sample rate during your recording

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Viewing all 8 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 8 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)