aaa emusic.com? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: emusic.com?

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             07-Sep-06  @  10:47 AM   -   emusic.com?

milan

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

anyone seen this???

over 1.000.000 million songs from independent labels, all for a monthly subscription: 10$ gets you 40 tunes a month and so on. just by quick browsing i found lots of artists/tunes that i'd like to have, and which cost 1.49$ on beatport for example.

after looking at it, it still looks 100% serious. user coments on some review site check out, although that can always be faked.

where's the bloody catch???

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             07-Sep-06  @  11:06 AM   -   RE: emusic.com?

milan

oh ok... found some:

1) (…) The European eMusic Basic price of €12.99 is thus equivalent to $16.68 per month compared to the US price of $9.99.

and

2) this can happen: „We’re sorry. This album is unavailable for download in your country (Germany) at this time. Please check back later.“

but it still remains to be seen whats available eh

Message 3/10             07-Sep-06  @  12:30 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

k

Link?:  Link

is it one of those russian bypass sites?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             07-Sep-06  @  01:49 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

another splendid way of devaluing music further

legal or not , pay the dollar at beatport and get the artist there 25 cents

these 40 tracks for 10 dollars do my fucking tits right in, id rather people p2p'd my tracks than have them give these sites money

40 tracks for 10 dollars gives the value of 25 cents a track, then cut to label, then cut to artist

5 cents a track, result! yahoo did a similar 'all you can download for 14.99 a month' or some shit

think about the logistics of that then, and try figuring where the value fo the music is

some guy pays his 14.99 and dl's 10,000 tracks in a month, legally - is yahoo/(insert various fatcat companys) tracking and paying the relevelant labels 50 cents everytime the songs downloaded

its all about everybody apart form the creator making money from the music, complete and utter bullshit - gives you a clear conciounce tho thinking your 'doing the right thing'

like just about everything else in this world, if it seems to good to be true, look closer and youll see it always is

/rant

Message 5/10             07-Sep-06  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

k

Link?:  Link

so... are you saying you'd be interested if we did PAY downlaods then and did a decent percentage

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/10             07-Sep-06  @  06:07 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

Musineer Productions

Well I'd be up for that.

The problem for the artist as I see it is finding a suitable oulet. We can all have our own website but how do we get folk to visit (in thousands!)? The advantage to DT is that there seem to be so many equally deranged folk doing stuff that's nearer to my sound than on any other site.

A low-fi free to listen with a paid hi-fi download sounds like an income to me. It's just the 'decent percentage' bit...one mans decent is anothers bloody outrageous.

Maybe posting musos could exchange tracks (download as many as you upload?). I don't know though, I listen to far more than I post...maybe I should rethink this.

New site coming K?

Message 7/10             07-Sep-06  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

milan

erm... well thanks for the answers. without getting into the whole "but is it fair" debate, let me say their stupid retarded download manager (neccessary for downloading) crashes when i try to start it, and that they somehow read my girlfriend's hotmail address from the explorer memory and used THAT as my contact address, without asking me.

good going guys... NOT!

then again, i was tempted to download a gazzilion hardcore tunes from youth which might not seem like such a good idea the next morning!

Message 8/10             07-Sep-06  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

milan

oh btw Blue... sorry to hear you make so little on Beatport, since its my main source of new music nowadays. it might not be great for you, but a) i will not pay 10 euros for two tracks on vinyl, and b) i wouldnt buy a whole CD from my (expensive) indy retailer for just one or two tracks, so if an artists gets 25c from me, its still better than nothing.

having said that, i still buy (order) CD's, especially if its some small, obscure label that no one ever heard off. comes from growing up on shitty 10th generation copy tapes i guess  

Message 9/10             07-Sep-06  @  08:44 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

no milan-

im saying USE beatport!

Message 10/10             07-Sep-06  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: emusic.com?

milan

oh good

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)