aaa Interesting EQ (could be) - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Interesting EQ (could be)

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             03-Oct-06  @  10:36 AM   -   Interesting EQ (could be)

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

hmm... it's in that kvr competition

d/load: http://www.kvraudio.com/developer_challenge/PushTecSetup.rar

I cant try it till later cos the audio rig here is stripped down to go to the studio so I have no connection from this PC to amp/speakers

anyways, obviously it's Pultec visualy, from the knobs etc,,, wonder what it'll sound like

free anyways

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             03-Oct-06  @  10:40 AM   -   RE: Interesting EQ (could be)

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

the center display slot shows eq parameters when you adjust. Here is the display when adjusting the Low-mid band selector which is selectable 200, 300, 500, 700 & 1k

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/6             08-Dec-06  @  10:15 PM     Edit: 08-Dec-06  |  10:16 PM   -   RE: Interesting EQ (could be)

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Cool!...

unfortunately I don't have a pultec to compare, but to my ears it sounds nice. (And that doesn't really mean anything
)

You can hold down the "alt" key to change the frequencies continously.

Message 4/6             08-Dec-06  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Interesting EQ (could be)

Rags .aka. Welder

I'm not exactly sure what is the use of "pulling" and "pushing" the same frequency at the same time....

Message 5/6             12-Dec-06  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: Interesting EQ (could be)

psylichon

In the original, overlapping cut/boost bands allowed for interesting phase tricks and wicked bass-shaping curves. A common move in kick/bass EQ'ing is a lowshelf boosted around 100 or so, and and peak dip filter around 200-400hz. Passive EQ's like the pultec lend themselves well to interesting curve shapes like this and give musical results relatively easily... with pleasant-sounding phase shift (not cloudy phase shift)... the plug emulations, well... they have character, I'll give em that.

Basically, I don't know how it works, but that's the best way I can think to describe how it sounds.

Message 6/6             12-Dec-06  @  06:16 AM   -   RE: Interesting EQ (could be)

psylichon

Hey, this plug sounds pretty good. Especially for free!

I haven't used the real thing in a while, but what I remember really is the sound of the transformers... they were just "heavy" sounding... and no plug has quite gotten that vibe. This one is certainly a fine EQ though... go nuts with it...

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)