aaa help me recreate this synth sound? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: help me recreate this synth sound?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             04-Oct-06  @  12:35 PM   -   help me recreate this synth sound?

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  File

laser_st_001.wav

Hi

I need some help trying to program the toppy/lazer sounding synth in the file attached (ie. the synth that weaves over the chord stabs). I can get sorta close but it still sounds a little weak eg - not lasery enough! Also I do hear a little delay on it aswell.

Do you think that they have used one note over 2 bars and modulated various parameters like cut-off, pitch, osc amplitude, etc or used individual notes with a bit of VST parameter modulation?

I suppose what I'm after is advise on waveforms used and modulation sources and destinations to try and recreate this synth sound.

If it helps I use only Albino 1 for all my synth programming.

Thanks very much.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             05-Oct-06  @  10:37 AM   -   RE: help me recreate this synth sound?

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I think those are individual notes with their own pitch\resonant filter envelopes. Of course I could be wrong

Message 3/6             05-Oct-06  @  11:00 AM   -   RE: help me recreate this synth sound?

Dominic

Cool - thanks. Any ideas on waveforms?

Message 4/6             05-Oct-06  @  03:14 PM   -   RE: help me recreate this synth sound?

Rags .aka. Welder

Square. If the "analog" oscillator is not harsh enough, use a digital square.

Message 5/6             06-Oct-06  @  07:20 AM   -   RE: help me recreate this synth sound?

psylichon

yeah, square wave (maybe with a narrow pulse width).

Haven't used albino in quite some time, but if it has the ability... to make it speak a bit you could try using dual bandpass filters with a modulated seperation amount... i.e. the cutoff frequencies of the two filters are far apart at the low end of, say, your mod wheel... then get closer together as you push the mod wheel up. With some nice resonance oscillation in the filter, you'll really get some squawky talky type sounds with this. Time this mod with some portamento octave leaps high on the keys and you should be in the ballpark.

Message 6/6             06-Oct-06  @  09:42 AM   -   RE: help me recreate this synth sound?

Dominic

Right, spent hours on this last night and didn't really get that close although using portamento did help a bit. There doesn't seem to be a discernable difference in pitch enough for me to work out which notes and octaves to use. Where would you start - 2 root keys an octave apart and a fifth note between the two?

Psy - do you mean filter separation like on the G-media's impOSCAR? I'm not sure that Albino 1 can do this, although you can set up the filters in series and parallel like the virus, is that what you mean when you say use a dual BP filter?

Psy and Rags - will try again tonight with a square wave.pulse combination. Was using 2 sawtooths last night so that could be another error on my part.

Do you guys hear this sound as split into Right and left? Main expressive sound doing its thing on the right and then a low note rising in pitch (via a sine LFO maybe?) on the left.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)