aaa Mic check sayings??? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Mic check sayings???

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             05-Oct-06  @  01:53 AM   -   Mic check sayings???

Lloyd Duddley

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi guys, long time no see. Dunno if this has ever been discussed on here before but today during mic check, the engineer persisted to encourage our singer to ramble on for 15 minutes strong until he got the sound he wanted out of the mic (even though you couldn't hear the vocals during the gig anyway). The problem was that after saying "1, 2, 1, 2" for about 10 minutes and then quoting "This is the mic number 1, this is mic number 1, isn't this a lot of fun" from Spinal Tap he ran out of things to say. What could he have said which didn't make him look like a complete tit, believe me this caused us a huge row lol?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             05-Oct-06  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

Bring a book or newspaper maybe?

Message 3/10             05-Oct-06  @  05:06 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

k

Link?:  Link

"peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. If peter piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, how many pickled peppers did peter piper pick"

how's the plosives?

why not just sing lyrics from the songs?... a good engineer doesnt need more than a minute to sort out a vocal tho

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/10             05-Oct-06  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

Lloyd Duddley

Yeah this is what I told him.

Message 5/10             06-Oct-06  @  08:56 AM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

psylichon

Yeah nothing is more pointless than 15 minutes of spoken-word soundcheck then a screaming goth-metal first set innit. Or whatever you do really... speaking and singing are very different dynamics. Sing the songs. I mean really if the guy is worth his salt, he'll get the vocal sound while the whole band does a tune or two... is there much point to getting the perfect solo'ed vocal sound? It's not gonna happen often during the show, right?

Message 6/10             06-Oct-06  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

k

Link?:  Link

hello, it's that Lloyd Dudley bloke!.. i fergot to look who posted... so how's the college?, are you finished yet?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/10             15-Oct-06  @  11:40 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

Lloyd Duddley

Yeah not bad thanks, finished uni at last. Wanna do something in film, got a close family friend who's been kind enough to take me in on a couple of film sets to meet the sound guys which is looking quite promising. Mostly met the guys who work recording the sound on set as it's being filmed in order to send to the guys upstairs for a guide or sometimes to be used in the final production. Absolutely love what I've seen of it so far and met some really interesting people. Hopefully will lead to something. The Pro Tools course has been useful for this too believe it or not and I'm looking into taking the one for post now too as mine is the music one. Although now I have to take a PT7 updater course before I can take any others Grrr

Anyway, how are you doing? bands still going well? Been gigging much?Still haven't seen you guys live. I've just left one of the bands but still in two; the old punkers and a band called the Remedies, really enjoying that too although sometimes wish I could make more time for other important stufff like my relationship, anyhow thats for another forum You still at the same place too?

Message 8/10             20-Oct-06  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

sitar

Tell bad puns and see how quickly the engineer will be able to get the check done and over with

Message 9/10             20-Oct-06  @  11:15 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

milan

i gave the guy a users manual for the mixer just few days ago... it happened to be in the case *shrug*

i also know a guy who recites a song about a woman cutting her fingers off one by one... its in german tho.

and lol sitar! :D

Message 10/10             21-Oct-06  @  02:08 PM   -   RE: Mic check sayings???

psylichon

"Big Mac, McDLT, a Quarter Pounder with some cheese, Filet o' fish, a hamburger, a cheeseburger a happy meal, McNuggets, Tasty golden fries, regular and larger sizes, salads, chef or garden or chicken salad oriental. Big big breakfast, egg McMuffin, hot hotcakes and sausage maybe biscuits bacon egg and cheese and sausage danish hashbrown too, and for dessert, hot apple pies, and sundaes, three varieties a soft serve cone, three kinds of shakes and chocolately chip cookies and to drink a coca-cola, diet coke, and orange drink a sprite a coffee decaf too, a lowfat milk also an orange juice, I love McDonalds good time great taste and I get this all at one place!"

Or you could recite pi as far as you can go. For most singer though, that won't be much help.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)