aaa Roland_MC-300/500 SWITCH-A-ROO - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Roland_MC-300/500 SWITCH-A-ROO

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             05-Oct-06  @  02:48 PM   -   Roland_MC-300/500 SWITCH-A-ROO      [Link: Roland - MC-500]

mgonz76901

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I have a MC-500 that does not work and a MC-300 that does work. Is it possible or even feasable to switch out key components to make a working MC-500? The non-working MC-500 powers up, but the LCD does not light. The disk drive runs, but without the LCD, I don't know if it has booted up or even if the rest of the machine is working. I'm thinking of switching out the LCD's. Could there be something I'm missing. Now the next question: If this works, is it worth it? In what way/ways is a MC-500 better than a MC-300? I also have the Super MRC ver 2.00 OS and the MRD-500 Rhythm Bank. Truthfully, I just got both these machines recently (the MC-500 from a music store that went tits up and the MC-300 was given to me through this forum). I am just learning how to use them with my Yamaha CS1X synth. Any comments will help.

Thanks, Mike G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)