aaa intel core 2 duo E6700 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: intel core 2 duo E6700

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/5             05-Oct-06  @  10:57 PM   -   intel core 2 duo E6700

softcore

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

OK my current set up is a pentium 4 @ 1,7 with 512 ram (older than ddr ) and a much older mobo......

so its time i splashed out on a new PC,made some research and I really want that core 2 duo thing!!!!

the problem is i dont have a clue as to which mobo i should go for........

Are there any brands/makes paticularly known to work well with audio applications?i want the whole new pc to be audio workstation spec'd and nothing more (or less)

I have also heard that PCI express is causing some conflicts with PCI soundcards thus making the PC nor so good for audio applications!It s been along time since I heard it tho and I m guessing this problem is fixed,or not?

Any help will be truly appreciated!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/5             06-Oct-06  @  12:35 AM   -   RE: intel core 2 duo E6700

k

Link?:  Link

Well, that seems to be the bang for buck one, conroe core and 4mb cache at lowest price/speed buy still usualy outperforming X2's apparently

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Socket 775, 2.40Ghz, 1066Mhz FSB, Conroe Core, 4M Cache

if it's for music i'd also say mebbe try onboard graphics first because you might not actualy need pcie performance which is really a gamer and intense graphics and 3d modelling thing... the speeds at old fashioned agp (!) were already fast beyond any requirements for music and video preview for music (such as composing to film).

It's not like the old days, the onboard graphics can do the job fine and may not give any problems. if you need to, then look at a card solution, but i run one video editing amd64 using a fairly low onboard graphic set and it handles things fine for all realtime video edit preview chores and whatever else.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/5             06-Oct-06  @  12:03 PM   -   RE: intel core 2 duo E6700

k

actualy i've got 2 pc's to build in the next few weeks for clients, and both are for budget users who want some power but not mega.. One requires no music studio system at all, just a few non graphic intense games & college work. The other just internet and some music for songwriting duties... I'll have to decide wether to go amd or intel...

The amd's still are fast, around 10% less on benchmarks than the duo core if you compare to the e6600, but can come in alot less if you compare the amd x2 4600 (2.4) to the e6600 intel.... sigh.. then again tbh, a piss cheap AMD Sempron'd make a home studio machine for a songwriter that'd do easy 24 tracks with fx and plugin instruments, easily enuff to write songs to a high standard... choices eh!.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/5             08-Oct-06  @  03:23 AM   -   RE: intel core 2 duo E6700

softcore

Link?: Link

true,the more you want to learn to make a good decision the more confused you get!!!he,he thanks for the feedback tho....

Message 5/5             08-Oct-06  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: intel core 2 duo E6700

k

i'd prolly go for the duo core tho meself.. hehe, I aint built an Intel chipped PC for years man except for a few office and web machines

Viewing all 5 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 5 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)