aaa d.i.y. synth repair - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: d.i.y. synth repair

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/1             06-Oct-06  @  10:29 PM   -   d.i.y. synth repair- Arp Odyssey

jmciln

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hello- A couple of questions, starting with what I believe might be the easiest. This is for an Arp Odyssey 2800 Black/Gold.

1. I bought the cv/gate/trig/filter socket kit from Kenton. Regarding the filter, I've soldered it into the board and it works, but controlling it with a midi controller from CC values 1-127, it doesn't open up the filter nearly enough (Kenton Pro Solo min value -27, max 100 + midi controller) I've tried recalibrating the actual filter on the circuit board, but I feel like maybe it needs a different type of resister or something. Any ideas?

2. The keyboard gate can control the synth using the ADSR when I'm not trying to control it with the Kenton box, but when I plug in the CV and Gate, I don't get any output from the ADSR VCA slider. I can only run it constantly (legato) using the VCA gain set to maximum. So, I think there's some sort of gate disconnect there, but I'm not sure why.

thanks,
-jeff

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 1 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 1 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)