aaa Altiverb... who's using it? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Altiverb... who's using it?

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/6             07-Oct-06  @  05:25 PM   -   Altiverb... who's using it?

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

got to try it finaly today, wow!....great stuff!... a bit hungry on the old cpu for an older machine, but superb stuff.. anyone using it?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/6             13-Oct-06  @  05:57 AM   -   RE: Altiverb... who's using it?

psylichon

Link?: Link

yeah we have it at work and it's wonderful. But like most convolution verbs, it sounds absolutely amazing on a soloed instrument or voice, but can be a little dense in the mix. As such, I like to use them more for rooms and ambience type spaces rather than big dense halls.

that or I eq the returns, which helps a lot. but yeah, altiverb has a nice library and good controls. I use it almost every session.

Message 3/6             13-Oct-06  @  11:48 AM   -   RE: Altiverb... who's using it?

Rags .aka. Welder

No, but I use these instead:

http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html
http://www.voxengo.com/product/pspace/

http://www.voxengo.com/product/imodeler/
And this (although its a it esoteric approach to model a room in 3D, then make a calculated IR based on that but... it is fun :-)

Free IRs:
http://www.voxengo.com/impulses/

Message 4/6             23-Oct-06  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Altiverb... who's using it?

k

noice, i'll try that

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/6             08-Nov-06  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: Altiverb... who's using it?

k

how do you get on with the latency issue in SIR?

Message 6/6             09-Nov-06  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: Altiverb... who's using it?

Rags .aka. Welder

Well, I usually use it as a send effect, and if you switch off the DRY channel on the plugin then latency is more or less not an issue any more (you actually hear the reverb la little bit later, but that small amount of "predelay" rarely hurts). I think it also depends on the host, if it has auto plugin latency compensation it will delay all the other channels automatically on playback.

Viewing all 6 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 6 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)