aaa Roland_MC-50 - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Roland_MC-50

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/2             14-Oct-06  @  09:58 PM   -   Roland_MC-50      [Link: Roland - MC-50]

yousef_a_shamma1999

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,
Ihave Roland_MC-50 and WS1 GEM organ workstation
when I recording to MC50 on many traks it give me
the same sound for all traks. I didnt have auser
maneual, I want the correct way to use it.

thank you alot.
yousef shamma

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/2             23-Oct-06  @  07:07 PM   -   RE: Roland_MC-50

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

that's prolly because the keyboard is outputting MIDI on the same MIDI channel each time you play, and the MC is storing that data all as the same channel... so, either:

1. change the midi OUT channel on the keyboard for each part you play, OR,

2. change the channel of the data once it's recorded in the MC (there is some function to change the MIDI channel of data on the record track I'm sure before it is merged with the rest of the data)

the ideal way you want to work (if the GEM can do it) is to set the GEM into MULTI-MODE, where it receives midi data on multiple channels and feeds the channel data to sounds... so you assign one sound to channel-1, another sound to channel-2 etc

then turn Local control OFF on the GEM, andwhen you then play, loop the midi data from the GEM, out to the MC, then back into the GEM again... that way when you play the GEM, you're sending MIDI data to the MC, it lllops back OUT of the MC again and triggers the sound on the GEM which you have assigned to the MIDI channel you are playing on the GEM keyboard

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Viewing all 2 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 2 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)