aaa nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/4             09-Dec-06  @  12:13 PM   -   nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

nooo!.. rats, my main web pc finaly died... dont you hate that? no boot *sobs* but the drive was alive. XP repair failed to get the boot working and it'd only boot in safe mode - however, the old rebuild with a new c-drive was surprisingly painless. it's nice and fast again now, i didn't realise how nippy this old amd 1200 was!, all the mail account export/import worked flawlessly in Outlook etc... found one thing out tho, if you previously saved your mail accounts and messages from a non SP XP, and then install XP with SP and THEN try and import your account settings to outlook.... it doesn't work... you gotta install XP, import the account settings and THEN add SP... so that was one extra XP install

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/4             12-Dec-06  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

psylichon

Link?: Link

one word: gmail

my 1800 doesn't stay on for more than a half hour these days before it mysteriously freezes. But it still keeps up quite well with my 2800, and in fact halves it in boot time. Crazy.

Message 3/4             12-Dec-06  @  12:47 PM   -   RE: nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

k

Link?:  Link

nah, mate all the stuff was backed up... import no probs!  

actualy it needed a sort out. fast again now and all those little bugs you get after years of use without a re-install are gone

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/4             14-Dec-06  @  04:24 PM     Edit: 14-Dec-06  |  04:25 PM   -   RE: nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

Zazza

Link?:  No link

You have to reinstall XP every few months or it just gathers cruft and gets slooower and slooowwwwerrrrrr...

cleaning out the /run/ registry folder (
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
and
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
) of all the crap that gets put in there is good.

Doing a defrag (with a proper defrag utility like perfectdisk ) helps a lot as well...

but eventually you just have to reinstall...

K, if you use IMAP instead of POP then you'll find that all your email stays on the server and you can access it from anywhere... and don't use Outlook, it's the spawn of the devil... Thunderbird is much better and much more secure...

Viewing all 4 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 4 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)