aaa how many people remember... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: how many people remember...

Viewing all 65 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

Original Message 1/65             13-Dec-06  @  08:13 PM   -   how many people remember...

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

k's name at dancetech before he switched to k?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/65             13-Dec-06  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

psylichon

I remember his name actually carried some weight back then.

Message 3/65             13-Dec-06  @  10:41 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

yeah, nowadays everyone thinks his name is McChicken Premier!

we remember... so?

Message 4/65             13-Dec-06  @  10:41 PM     Edit: 14-Dec-06  |  04:17 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

double post

Message 5/65             14-Dec-06  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

psylichon wrote:

I remember his name actually carried some weight back then.

hahahaha!

Message 6/65             14-Dec-06  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sox

Hi Sitar...long time no see.

k's name at dancetech before he switched to k?

I do...

is there a prize???

sox

Message 7/65             14-Dec-06  @  07:09 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

Hey Sox!

Message 8/65             15-Dec-06  @  08:42 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Yonce N Mild

Link?:  No link

I know the answer to that one too. DO I win something?

It's an old school DeeTee reunion in this thread.

What's up fellas!

Message 9/65             15-Dec-06  @  10:00 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Moujik

Better say merry christmas & happy new year to everyone while they're here then

Message 10/65             16-Dec-06  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Jock Munro

did someone say reunion ? cool. someone pass the vodka.

I remember speaking to K once on the phone, several years ago now. I remember he said that he went by the name of Angela, but only at weekends.

Message 11/65             16-Dec-06  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Jock Munro

did someone say reunion ? cool. someone pass the vodka.

I remember speaking to K once on the phone, several years ago now. I remember he said that he went by the name of Angela, but only at weekends.

Message 12/65             16-Dec-06  @  10:56 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

lol!

Message 13/65             16-Dec-06  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Zazza

Actally she looks quite fetching in that little off the shoulder number and high heels..

Message 14/65             20-Dec-06  @  06:28 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

psylichon

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

speaking of which, where's xoxos? i'd give up an evening's wank to hear from him again.

Message 15/65             20-Dec-06  @  03:16 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

Link?:  Link

whooo... dunno if you'll see him again, he seemed pretty pissed when he left

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 16/65             20-Dec-06  @  08:56 PM     Edit: 20-Dec-06  |  08:58 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

I liked Xoxos. He was quite the character and did some nice choons. He was very helpful too.

And who could forget Nobody. Another character. We actually met up twice in manhattan. Ape/Pongoid I met up with at a couple of his gigs here too.

Message 17/65             20-Dec-06  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

speaking of... i recently found an electronic music artist called Nobody, doing ambient-ish soundscapes and stuff. could that be the same one??

Message 18/65             20-Dec-06  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Im still waiting on my fuckign Atari ST Cubase V2 disks back from Pongoid!

3 Emails, 3 exuses and 5 years later....maybe one day!

Message 19/65             20-Dec-06  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

Xoxos was a twat at times, and pretty wired by all accounts... but bearable and made the place more interesting.

The one i credit for DT's demise in forum activity is MCC/Man called clay.

A middle aged 'man' living in student dorms, able to turn any post into a iraq debate, able to post answers to his own threads ( sometiems up to 4 aliases and a dozen posts often forgetting that clicking user profile directed back to his log in page even if typing a different poster name, doh! ) and enjoying sending vile emails to some of the younger DT users that were once amongst us....

Message 20/65             21-Dec-06  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

-

"Never trust a hippy" yeah Clay was crackers, and all that "Oh yeah a pisces twice removed with saturn in the east declination of Taurus... yeah...I know you!"

Im still waiting on my fuckign Atari ST Cubase V2 disks back from Pongoid!

3 Emails, 3 exuses and 5 years later....maybe one day!

heh, doh!... i've got some cubase disks around, aint fired the ST up for a few years tho, they might be ok

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 21/65             21-Dec-06  @  10:02 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

btw, not sure what'll happen next year. We got approached by a company who want to dev the 2 sites, they are preparing some plan so we'll have to see. At the meeting the guy was saying he thought 7161 could be a sort of 'more exclusive' Myspace... lets see what they come up with, could be an interesting year with the new server pipe also coming.

Message 22/65             21-Dec-06  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Moujik

The one i credit for DT's demise in forum activity is MCC/Man called clay.

Interesting... I was wondering about this the other day. My take was that all the old "regulars" had grown up & had kids and stuff, and stopped pissing around with silly machines that go bleep

Go for it K! Selling out is cool

Message 23/65             21-Dec-06  @  03:27 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

cheeky foocker!

Message 24/65             21-Dec-06  @  06:31 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

milan wrote:

speaking of... i recently found an electronic music artist called Nobody, doing ambient-ish soundscapes and stuff. could that be the same one??

Could be. It's been a few years since I last was in touch with him and he was into d&b and probably some other stuff but I think he was getting into ambient soundscapes too. Not sure though. He definitely added some color to this place too.

Message 25/65             22-Dec-06  @  03:00 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

damballah

greetings all. someone say vodka?

Message 26/65             22-Dec-06  @  06:51 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

hehe it's damballah! What's up? have you been around or are you another one who came crawling back? We all do ya know.

Message 27/65             22-Dec-06  @  09:26 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

darin_zeoli

Well, I check in every now and again. Glad to see some people stayed and the right people left. There were some real assholes here who really ruined it. Politics decided who listened to whose music which isn't right. No offense k, but I think the forums should have been moderated better. Unfortunately, anarchy reigned and lots of the regulars left.

Moujik is right on my account. I grew up, had kids, and started facing my own reality of raising family, paying bills, and trying to make my way. Stopped music entirely for now - I kept some of my equipment so when the kids are a little older, they too can drop some tracks and learn how to make music the right way.

I ran into Mindspawn the other day and chatted for a while. Sounds like he is doing GREAT!! Hopefully we'll be able to meet up sometime soon.

Message 28/65             22-Dec-06  @  10:53 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Maarten

Wasn't it Benjisomething...? Argh, tell me- I need my sleep again.

Message 29/65             23-Dec-06  @  01:32 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

i thought it was only when we DID start to moderate that people got the hump & left... or was it all a dream?

Message 30/65             23-Dec-06  @  02:54 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Darin aka Def Z

I left before the boards were moderated so I can't speak to that. People come and go, as you know, but I suspect the post count went down as soon as the shit-stirrers left. Not necessarily a bad thing, no?

k wrote:

i thought it was only when we DID start to moderate that people got the hump & left... or was it all a dream?

Message 31/65             23-Dec-06  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

damballah

crawled back, sitar, or crawl through every now and then but not a lot goin' on so I keep my yap shut.

update: I had a house system in a club that did mostly caribbean and african bands for a year. that closed. I consult with another live music bar and fill in when the house guy needs a night off, that's where I'll be new years eve engineering some alt-country bands (yech) but the pay's OK. recorded some things for people -- a couple CDs, soundtrack stuff for an indie film. moved earlier this year and don't have a studio set up yet, just the "control room," gotta build some walls next year. Not playing much of my own though -- haven't in a while.

I thought traffic started really tapering off when all the jabber moved down to the lounge and there wasn't all these thomann questions in the top forum. well, that and MCC.

Message 32/65             23-Dec-06  @  07:35 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

xoxos

ole! house sitting so i get net for a few days.

k - (\o/)

thanks also to a certain someone else - logic 4 is still my host.

me i went thru the shit, been here and said about it from time to time. if you missed it, i got worked over.. 2 months before it went down i knew it was going to go down.. i couldn't work or sleep any more because of constant harassment. what was i supposed to do? shoot people?? i left that to them. it was all so fucked up and meaningless and too incredible to make a believable story, and too anomalous to be worth telling.

so i lost what i had and haven't found, most importantly, a location i can work in again. doesn't matter. "let the wicked have their day," i live by that now and haven't much of an ambition to 'improve' it for 'them.'

i work data entry, pay my bills, and try to sleep and stop some of the damage it does to my body. after leaving the pig caretaker job due to the right wing republican pseudo-animal welfare low lives, (credibility index declining..) i moved back to tucson but the only free-standing rental i could find on this side of town is on a major road. i thought, "double glazing, no trouble" but i was wrong, so wrong. the lease up in july, maybe i'll find a place to sleep after that.

i know, such tribulations.

old what's-his-name is 'papergoose' over at em411.. kept changing his handle..

ftr i left here intentionally to focus on evangelising kvr.

i've learned about saving people from themselves.

Message 33/65             24-Dec-06  @  03:54 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Garuna

umm................. Merry Christmas....Yaaay... Cheers

Message 34/65             24-Dec-06  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

Message 35/65             24-Dec-06  @  09:18 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Bastiaan

Kilo 2-3-4

Do I win a tenner?

Message 36/65             25-Dec-06  @  01:20 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

no

Message 37/65             26-Dec-06  @  01:11 PM     Edit: 26-Dec-06  |  01:15 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

k wrote:

I always thought the freedom of speech thing was good. Other sites that were strangled by moderators was were way too sterile for my taste.

woah Xoxos m8! Hang in there buddy. Winter never fails to turn to spring.

Message 38/65             26-Dec-06  @  04:10 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

not if you build a time machine and reverse time... he heheh heheheheh (Peter Griffin laugh)

Message 39/65             29-Dec-06  @  08:24 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

pict

I enjoyed the "pure anarchy" there were some real dada moments to be had.I think some people are too thin skinned ít wasn't like we had anyone inciting genocide or anything.Some people like the craic to be had when opposites collide.

Xoxos nice to see you're still around my sympathies regarding the shit times you've had,hope you move into some pleasant events soon.

Kilo 4-3
Do I win a tenner?

Wasn't it his go cart number from kilo's go carting days

Message 40/65             29-Dec-06  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Moujik

Something to do with his call sign when he was a motorbike courier?

Message 41/65             29-Dec-06  @  01:54 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

yup *sigh*

Message 42/65             30-Dec-06  @  04:07 AM     Edit: 31-Dec-06  |  09:08 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Influx

wow. quite a few faces popped up. I guess everyone starts reminiscing around this time?

SO glad Xmas is over, and the only reason to look forward to this weekend is HOURS of Mixed Martial Arts both saturday and sunday! WOOHOO!

I had some contact with Luci007 a while back but then she disappeared again. Sounded like she was doing well though.

HANK/HENRY whatever the hell...was a SAD case. (edited because I typed the wrong name)

and Darin...get over it dude! ;)

Message 43/65             30-Dec-06  @  04:44 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

Mixed Martial Arts
??

Message 44/65             30-Dec-06  @  05:01 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Moujik

Mixed martial arts (commonly referred to as MMA) is a combat sport in which two competitors attempt to achieve dominance over one another by utilizing a wide variety of permitted martial arts techniques, including striking and grappling. Well-known MMA organizations include the Ultimate Fighting Championship and PRIDE Fighting Championships.

At least I hope it's that... might be guys fighting with girls

Message 45/65             31-Dec-06  @  08:00 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

psylichon

I'll go on record saying Clay was nothing but love... crazy love... but love... and I don't hold it against him.

He did kinda made me feel like my dad surfed DT though .

Message 46/65             31-Dec-06  @  02:13 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

yow... talking of martial arts, checkout this for timing

http://media.putfile.com/One-Kick-KO

Message 47/65             31-Dec-06  @  02:56 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Maarten

Ouch

Message 48/65             31-Dec-06  @  09:09 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Influx

that was a SMACK

nothing like the many, many left high kick knockouts that Mirko Filipovic has inflicted. Imagine a 6'4" 235 pound individual dropping that way.

yes, MMA = Mixed Martial Arts, Vale Tudo, No Holds Barred, etc.

Message 49/65             02-Jan-07  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

And there's Influx! lol. Hey man what's going on?

Message 50/65             03-Jan-07  @  10:31 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

yo Influx

Message 51/65             08-Jan-07  @  09:00 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

chroma

high

so what you all up to now that techno is dead

Message 52/65             08-Jan-07  @  12:38 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Maarten

heheh, hi man! I guess we're the adaptive bunch

Message 53/65             08-Jan-07  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

ooooooooh... its the ghost crew

nice to see you all again!

i havent done much music wise last year, but have just built some very solid speaker risers for my mackies so maybe better acoustics will inspire me to do something  

Message 54/65             10-Jan-07  @  10:51 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Yonce N Mild

I've been hiding out getting setteled into a new house and doing the family thing.
Not too much music stuff for the past few years.

I just recently got my studio put back together and have been playing keyboards/producing for a newly formed industrial/metal band.

Working with some pretty talented kids with a good creative flow. It feels good to be making music again.

I'll be sure to upload some tracks once we get some tracks down.

It's good to see so many old school DTers still lurking.

Hopefully things pick back up, I miss this place.

I'm sure I'll be harrassing you guys soon about tips for recording live instruments since I've never really recorded anything but synths/drum machines that I sequence and record myself one track at a time.

Besides the fact that I have very little musical knowledge and even less talent.

In all seriousness I learned absolutly everything I know about making music from this site It good to see you guys I hope all is well with you and yours.

Oh and wasn't kilo-43 world the URL of the original site or something like that? I still say the spinny clock should make a comeback.

Message 55/65             11-Jan-07  @  07:04 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

CydoniaCell

I used to be Errata, or just, "e"

I swing by every now and again to see what's up.

Still doin' Psy-trance... and downtempo...not playing out much anymore with that stuff, but that's because the INDUSTRIAL act i've been in for two years is getting noticed like the techno never did...

Either that or I grew up enough to start charging for shows and marketing myself instead of being these idealistic hippy who threw free parties and played out for the sake of the event, etc... hahahah

the most obvious sign that the years have passed and the times have changed:

I do everything on my laptop now, hahaha...

Cheers everyone,

e

Message 56/65             11-Jan-07  @  07:48 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

psylichon

I just got my first production deal today. As in, I'll be producing a full album, and they will actually pay me to do this. What a crazy world we live in.

I've done bits and bobs of production work at the studio. A few string arrangements/mockups here and there, some piano and synth stuff every so often. But these girls are looking for a nice acoustic-electronic blend with ear candy and some edge. They have great songs and voices, open minds toward song direction and arrangement, and a budget to hire the best musicians around. So it's finally a project I'm quite excited to work on! Wish me luck...

... and Yonce, hit me up with any acoustic recording questions ya have. I've gotten to track damn near anything you can think of at Morningstar, and I'd love to help you if I can.

Message 57/65             11-Jan-07  @  03:24 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

milan

good stuff psy

Message 58/65             12-Jan-07  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

k

congrats Psy!!

Message 59/65             12-Jan-07  @  06:51 PM     Edit: 12-Jan-07  |  06:58 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

beds

nice, dave.

just did this today for a tv show. it's all rugby around here.

meanwhile, i've gone back to school to do a computer science degree, still keeping my oar in with bits and bobs of music though.

ps

5 quid for who can guess what the teevee ppl wanted us to 'emulate' for that track

Message 60/65             14-Jan-07  @  02:57 AM     Edit: 14-Jan-07  |  02:58 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sox

Really nice to see some old faces in here....
Old Dancetechers never die....they just upgrade

Man...I've been super busy working with a new band - Visionary Underground

Learning the set, setting up sounds for the past 5 weeks. Started live rehearsals now...very long day... basically playing 2-9pm with about an hours break....gonna be a tight sucka when it's live!

We'll be playing in Italy, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, London, Hungary (and possibly Calgary) doing different festivals.... First booked gig is March 16th in Budapest (on a boat in the Danube!) .

Getting all my chops back as well...lol
Been a loooong time since I played for that length of time!

sox

PS. Still teaching...and we got a new web presence.
CM Sounds

Message 61/65             17-Jan-07  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sitar

grats psylichon and beds! graduates of DT!

I'm still spewing puns. That's what I did here right? Oh and a little music but my gear is still sitting unplugged so it's all s/w atm. I have an uber tier 2 lvl 60 night elf hunter soon to be lvl 70 in World of Warcraft too. Nice music in the game but I miss the predominantly techno and d&b tracks of Unreal Tournament. Those 3 piano notes on top of the d&b kit in CTF-Face stays in my head. The d&b track in Dom-Leadworks too. Love that track. And the eerie splash of soundscape that starts off CTF-Coret is sweet. UT had some of the best gaming music. K knows what I'm talkin about.

Message 62/65             23-Jan-07  @  06:55 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

Trillium

*YAWN*

So what's everyone been up to lately??

:D

Message 63/65             24-Jan-07  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

casparproject

Teaching Gr. 3, and running extracurricular choir, band, African Drumming and Music Production
programs. Writing a track still every now and then. Got married over the summer.

Peter

Message 64/65             27-Jan-07  @  08:50 PM   -   RE: how many people remember...

sox

Hey Caspar....looks like yer keeping busy. (Congrats on the marriage)

You not playing out at all?

sox

Message 65/65             31-Jan-07  @  12:42 AM   -   RE: how many people remember...

casparproject

Not playing out nearly enough. Working on that though, hopefully I'll have some gigs come
summertime. I do the odd gig with a band I have with my father called "The Hasek Ras-Cyber-
Blues Orchestra" which always turn out far wierder than I could ever imagine. I still write the
odd tune, but most of my musical energy is going into my music teaching now. I'm happy to give
that energy to these kids though, because they need it more than I do now. I'm also amazed at
how quickly the next generation can acquire music tech skills that took me years.

Peter

Viewing all 65 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 7

There are 65 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)