aaa against you /against you remix - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

01-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: against you /against you remix

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/10             17-Dec-06  @  09:36 AM   -   against you /against you remix

dave pugh

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

hello everyone , uploaded two new tracks, against you, a remix of the track called you, which i did with my band nation to nation, and against you , the ambient society remix, i met this guy on soundclick and future state of rythm, he kindly offerd to do the remix which im very pleased with. would love to here your comments about these two versions. thanks in advance. dave

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/10             17-Dec-06  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

Rags .aka. Welder

Link?: Link

The Original
(*****)

Yeah man, this is heavy. A bit "thick" and crowded mix with all these basses and reverbs going on, but it makes this huge wall of sound that moves back and forth like a gigantic wave. And these distorted oriental-ish vocals are a blast. Its like marching with a large army for a crusade, hehh

Message 3/10             17-Dec-06  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

Rags .aka. Welder

The remix is not half bad either

It's more up-front (especially drums and vocals), almost like a "live" version. Still, I prefer the original due to its sound and "trippyness" if there's such thing.

Message 4/10             17-Dec-06  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

milan

against you- not bad, but i expected some more elements to come in earlier. my girlfriend asked if its Dead Can Dance so i guess its a compliment. she also prefers the your version to the other mix too. i prefer the clean drums of the second mix  

lol... i guess thats two reviews in one  

Message 5/10             18-Dec-06  @  12:11 AM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

elevation758

Against You was more my 'cup o tea' rather than the remix, its hard & sometimes a little chaotic (or maybe busy is a better description) which is what I like, stuck on the headphones for this one so as to hear everything that was going on at once, thumbs up from me fella, nice one!

Message 6/10             19-Dec-06  @  04:48 AM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

Musineer Productions

Yup, the original.

Liked it so much I played it twice. Great noises - loved the voice turning synth.
You've a fair pair of lungs!
I can hear the Dead Can Dance touch, but there's some Mark Stewart in there too.

Champion track

Message 7/10             19-Dec-06  @  10:12 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

dave pugh

thankyou rags, milan, elevation,and musineer! very gratefull for your comments, i cant decide between the two versions, glad you enjoyed, happy xmas to you all, best wishes. dave.

Message 8/10             21-Dec-06  @  09:39 AM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

k

yeah mate, very distinctive sound... the remix is probably softer sound eq, very nice both!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/10             24-Dec-06  @  02:33 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

Maarten

Listening to the original.. voice is absolutely cool, very... Like that bass. 2:20, going over the top, excellent. Vocals are very inspiring, I'd love to get a chance to f*kc those up

Message 10/10             24-Dec-06  @  02:37 PM   -   RE: against you /against you remix

Maarten

Remix is more in your face, not just the drums... overall sound is better imo. Yeah, synth kicks in round 2:25... this one definately gets my preference.

Viewing all 10 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 10 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)