aaa Basic Q about sequencers& drum machines! - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

09-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Basic Q about sequencers& drum machines!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

Original Message 1/3             13-Jan-07  @  06:33 PM   -   Basic Q about sequencers& drum machines!

joegornall

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi, Im a little unsure about how the two actually link. Im thinking of using Cubase 4 with a drum machine such as battery 3.

How does it work in general? Do you make your loops in battery and then play them as audio in cubase? Or do you control the sounds in the drum machine using midi from cubase? But then if doing the latter how do you then use effects easily accross all your drums on a track such as filter sweeping etc?

Cheers for any help, Joe

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/3             14-Jan-07  @  10:03 PM   -   RE: Basic Q about sequencers& drum machines!

k

Link?:  Link

Or do you control the sounds in the drum machine using midi from cubase

yes, that one - you can assign Battery to be a multi-output instrument and then process individual drums on mixer channels. You can also GROUP the individual drum channels to a mixer GROUP, to assign overall filter fx as you mention to the whole kit, and automate those filter moves on the Cubase arrange page using the track automation

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/3             15-Jan-07  @  09:33 PM   -   RE: Basic Q about sequencers& drum machines!

softcore

Link?: Link

k wrote:

Or do you control the sounds in the drum machine using midi from cubase

yes, that one - you can assign Battery to be a multi-output instrument and then process individual drums on mixer channels. You can also GROUP the individual drum channels to a mixer GROUP, to assign overall filter fx as you mention to the whole kit, and automate those filter moves on the Cubase arrange page using the track automation

Yep that what i also do!To be more specific i load battery at a track controlled by midi!Then when i want to use effects on a singular drum sound i just re-assign batterys audio output of that particular sound to anew aaudio track!So as my tune evolves some of the drum sounds stay grouped at the first 2 outputs of Battery while others are assigned to the next ones!Seems a bit complicated but really isnt once you get the hang of it!
tip:remember to rename each audio track according to the sound assigned to it cause otherwise you wont know which is where when the tune gets more complicated!

I hope i helped!

Viewing all 3 messages  -  View by pages of 10:  1

There are 3 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)